Wyndham Harrisburg Hershey Hotel
Reviews - Wyndham Harrisburg Hershey Hotel
Read 208 additional reviews of Wyndham Harrisburg Hershey Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Harrisburg
Historical Traveller Reviews of Wyndham Harrisburg Hershey Hotel
$11 Million Makeover Should Helpfrom jackosan
Didn't bother eating there. The main dining/shopping drag was just a couple of short exits away (they were kind enough to give me a reasonably comprehensive dining guide).
Signs all around advertised that this hotel was to become a Sheraton in September 2006, and that it was in the midst of an $11 million upgrade/update. This should help, as the hotel as a whole does have potential. For now, though, if you're paying published rates, you won't be particularly pleased with the value.
As stated in the prior review, the whole area is in the midst of "big box" construction. Be careful, or you might drive right past the entrance, especially if you arrive after dark (I did).
I'm partial to Starwood hotels, so I'm apt to give this place a return visit next time I'm in the area. (It seems like a nice place to overnight for Penn State football games to avoid the insane prices in State College those weekends).
The room is fairly basic- the cleaning staff did not leave enough towels in the bathroom and failed to leave coffee for the inroom coffee maker (but that was corrected by the front desk staff). The pool was crowded but everyone was enjoying the nice weather at the pool so that was to be expected.
Apparently the hotel is going through a large renovation and is becoming a Sheraton in the fall of 2006. I think the hotel will be much nicer at that point as it is looking like the rooms/hallways/hotel is in need of a remodel.
Terrible Servicefrom kc700
My famiIy and I slept in a stuffy smoke smelling room and left early in the morning. The lobby and the pool were nice.
In terms of customer service - terrible. I do not recommend.
Great hotel..clean rooms...but low ceilings in hallwaysfrom frenchi1971
1. Close to Hershey
2. Easy to drive to attractions
3. Clean hotel
4. Nice pool (indoor and outdoor)
5. Friendly and accomodating staff
1. The ceilings in the hallways are VERY LOW. They are those paneled ceilings...I felt closed in
2. Do not get a room on the 3rd floor....this is the health club level. Very musty smelling
3. LOTS of construction going on in the carea...not much to look at...
4. Not cheap
OVERALL, great hotel...may try another hotel next time, though.
great hotelfrom jdktravel
A Must Stay Hotel....from TechJunky
Very Nice, Accomodating Hotelfrom Tfam91
My only complaint was being a by request member, my requests were not given. The room service is EXPENSIVE!!!!! For a 12 inch pizza and a cheese steak sandwich with 3 cans of coke, came to 40.00! There was a 20% service charge, delivery charge plus tax added.
I still would stay there again. It is a very nice place. About 10-15 to Hershey.
very clean, typical hotel room, friendly stafffrom jes1969
no complaints, nice hotelfrom lkloc
Anyway, I have no complaints. The hotel was nice, the rooms were nice, the breakfast buffet was nice (everything you'd expect on a breakfast buffet and the food was good), the pool was nice--everything was nice. No problems with check in or check out and there was plenty of parking. Elevators were slow, but so what...I wasn't in a hurry. Two guests mentioned the ice machines on their floors didn't work, but the one on my floor (8th) worked just fine.
Some posters mentioned a small bathroom. I don't think it was any smaller than most other hotel bathrooms. And it was a nice bathroom--tastefully decorated, nice Golden Door amenities (that the maids refilled every day eventho I had plenty left from the previous day), great shower. In fact, I especially liked the shower curtain. It was on a curved rod which allowed extra room in the shower.
I joined Wyndham By-Request and was able to customize my room and I got everything I asked for--robe, feather pillows, high floor, welcome snack and beverages. When I called the By-Request mgr and asked for extra pillows and an extra towel, they were at my door within 10 minutes. The room was also tastefully decorated and of average size. The beds were comfortable with nice bedding, including having a down blanket between 2 top sheets to make it extra comfy. The only things showing wear were the lamps. Since, I was traveling w/ kids, I would have preferred a table and chairs to a desk. But that was no big deal.
They have a room service special going on now that I wish we could have taken advantage of: Three 12" one topping pizzas--I believe they're made by Uno, and a 2 ltr soft drink for $23.99. I guess it's a popular deal since I noticed that several guests on my floor left the pizza boxes outside their doors in the morning. It's always nice when hotels offer deals like that and give families a chance to save a little money on vacations.
Locationwise, the hotel was about 10 min or so from Hershey Park and 30 min or so from Lancaster Co. The kids loved the hotel and my husband and I were very pleased as well.
Top Local Tips for Harrisburg
Gilligans Gilligans is a great sports bar about 1/2 mile away from the hotel.
Hersheypark Make sure you do the Hersheypark. Lots of cool coasters.
Other names for Wyndham Harrisburg Hershey Hotel
- sheraton harrisburg hershey
- sheraton harrisburg
- harrisburg sheraton
- Address: 4650 Lindle Rd - Harrisburg - Pennsylvania - 17111 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Wyndham Harrisburg Hershey Hotel
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg East Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Red Roof Inn Harrisburg South Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Courtyard Harrisburg Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Travelodge Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Howard Johnson Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express East Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Hampton Inn Harrisburg East Hershey Area Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Crowne Plaza Harrisburg Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 6.7 km / 4.2 mi
- Hilton Harrisburg Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
- Towne House Suites Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 7.4 km / 4.6 mi
- Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 8 km / 4.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 8.8 km / 5.4 mi
- Best Western Harrisburg & Hershey Hotel Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Distance: 9.2 km / 5.7 mi