Clarion Hotel Airport, Portland
Reviews - Clarion Hotel Airport
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: Jordan
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 224 additional reviews of Clarion Hotel Airport at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Portland
Historical Traveller Reviews of Clarion Hotel Airport
Room was great!from sferry
Great place to stayfrom nmnative
Quiet Hotel with excellent facilitiesfrom Shar-Cookeville-TN
We were very pleasedfrom Erikslady
Our room was recently remodeled, I believe, because it was beautiful and looked in excellent condition. The bathroom was smaller than many, and the sink was inside the bathroom. That was a bit of a pain for getting ready in the morning, since I had to wait for my husband to shower before I could use the mirror. There is a large mirror with a table under it in the main room, but I couldn't use it because my kids slept in.
The lobby also looked renovated, with couches and a fireplace. There is a dining/breakfast area with comfortable chairs that we also used to eat dinner in the evenings.
Breakfast was an expanded continental, with make-your-own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, and hard boiled eggs, along with muffins, cereal, coffee, tea, and juices (apple and orange).
The pool is indoors, which was good as the first few days were cold. There are pool towels provided, which is a nice touch for a family. Someone mixed up the controls for the pool and hottub the first night, so the pool was bathtub warm and the spa was cold, although by the last night they felt normal. The workout room is right off the pool, and the equipment includes a bike, elliptical trainer, and a treadmill that I could see (didn't have a chance to use it).
The front desk staff was friendly, acknowledging us when they couldn't help us immediately. The shuttle is free, just sign up at the front desk. It will take you to the airport and the nearby MAX station.
Shari's is across the parking lot from the hotel. Two lights east of the hotel is 122nd, with all the nearby restaurants. Be sure to go to Burgerville at least once; it's one of the Northwest's best chains.
spacious, clean, lovely but hard bedfrom Ryuka
Good for business travelers, perhaps not for a vacationfrom Rebemdee
easy to access from the freeway
free breakfast (not great, but certainly good enough)
free wifi (but VERY SLOW)
two computers with printer by reception (very slow, prone to freezing)
Temperpedic matress (I hated it, my husband loved it. It's a soft, squishy, memory foam thing)
bathroom nicely redone, has live bamboo, a nice touch
the lobby is modern and fresh, and I think there's refreshments served in the evening but we weren't ever there for it
I overheard there is a free shuttle
heating/AC is old and loud
young staff that are pleasant but not terribly knowledgeable
scratchy sheets and towels
no gas station nearby
I would stay there again, but only for business travel. We were house hunting so it was easy to travel from that point and it was close to the airport. The amenities are worth some of the drawbacks, especially the computer access. That saved our hides when we needed to restart our house hunt at the last minute.
Good Value/Locationfrom Butlersplace
Clean, Newly Renovated, Great Hidden Bargainfrom mauikristin
Great Place to stay at PDXfrom travelbanana
Room was clean. Beds were lumpy and not made very well, but that was about the only negative to this hotel. The location is very close to the airport but you hear very little air traffic. The breakfast was well stocked and clean. The usual continental breakfast with waffles, juice, muffins, donuts, cereal, fruits. Nice variety.. The pool area was not very clean but that was because it opens to the outside to a nice deck and the wind blows leaves, dirt, etc in. They also have a decent work out room with a treadmill.
The airport shuttle is great and available in about 15 miutes at the most. They have a park and stay package too which seemed reasonably piced. Shari's is within walking distance and there was 24 hour tea and coffee in the lobby. I would stay here next time I am in the Portland area.
Clearly a Cut Abovefrom motherjanegoose
Anyway, this location is perfect for the airport.
The rooms are spacious and new. The facility backs up to a lake, so it is quieter than most. The staff was very friendly and the lobby is inviting. A great choice for business! I am a Hilton Gold Honors but this hotel made me rethink the Choice line of hotels...super!
Top Local Tips for Portland
downtown Portland has the largest number of Breweried per person in the world so check out the scene if thats your thing.
Get the GPS Portland's Interstates are very very difficult
Other names for Clarion Hotel Airport
- portland clarion
- clarion portland
- Address: 11518 Northeast Glenn Widing Drive - Portland - Oregon - 97220 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Clarion Hotel Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- La Quinta Inn Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Fairfield Inn Marriott Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Shilo Suites Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Comfort Suites Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Comfort Inn & Suites Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Best Western Pony Soldier Inn Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Portland Airport Portland, Oregon Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Red Lion Hotel Airport Portland, Oregon Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Ramada Inn Suites Portland Arp Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Hampton Inn Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Radisson Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel Portland, Oregon Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Phoenix Inn Suites Hotel Vancouver, Washington Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi