Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel, Cleveland
Reviews - Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel
Read 321 additional reviews of Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Cleveland
Historical Traveller Reviews of Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel
Very Nice, Boutique Hotelfrom stevendale
A one-star that really earned itfrom gutenberg55
this hotel rocksfrom bisco
Great Viewfrom siobhvan
We were upgraded to a coner room with a great view and plenty of room. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever been in and the staff was very helpful.
Our room included a small television and the shower was tedious with trouble draining the water. OUr stay was disrupted by other guests but the Wyndham staff was quick to compensate us for our complaints.
We will stay at the Wyndham again and we look forward to the view....
former employeefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great for Business Travelfrom BizTravelDC
I am glad I did. The front desk staff was efficent and very friendly. Upon my checking out, they immediately wished me a Happy Birthday. (Computers, is there anything they do not know?) Being a By Request Member is a smart move. I had my cookies and Sam Adams waiting for me at check in. The bed was very comfortable. Other reviews had stated that the rooms are a little small. Normally, I would disagree, especially when on business and its just me, but the one desk in the room had the platter with the Beer and cookies, so I had a difficult time making room for my laptop and files. Other than that minor inconvience, they had free high speed internet (and wireless too) for By Request members.
Other reviews have also mentioned that the area can be a little dead at night. I agree. Its a short walk to restaurants, but since the area is so dead, you might fear for your safety a bit (homeless people requested money at least twice on my walks to and from nearby restaurants). If you are not used to city dwelling, I recommend that you do not walk alone at night by yourself. I noticed that the hotel also had this safety information in their booklet and on the "Hotel Channel" in my room.
In sum, it was very close to where I needed to be, the "extras" were excellent, the bed was comfy, and it was near other places to eat. Great hotel for business travel.
Nice stay and really enjoyed the cityfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is away from the center of downtown Cleveland, so other sights like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are a bit of a walk or a short cab ride away. We don't mind walking, and enjoyed all the old architecture (that we don't have in San Diego) along the way. Typical of business districts in other cities, parts of downtown Cleveland were pretty quiet at night. Other areas, however, were positively hopping even on weeknights: check out the evening action in the Flats, Warehouse District, or around the House of Blues near East 4th St. [We had a great time with the weekday "after-work" martini crowd at Pickwick and Frolic on East 4th.] We think Cleveland is vastly underrated and look forward to another visit next year!
Good value and locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Service was awfulfrom CrankiestOne
The room was nice, except a double is two double beds, not queen-sized. It was definitely snug sleeping that night. My By Request preferences were met (extra pillows and towels, bottled water and a small bottle of wine, cheese/crackers), which was very nice.
This hotel is not located in the heart of the city, so taxi service was required to get us to the flats and warehouse district. The rooms were nice, but given the service and location, I'd only stay here again if the other hotels in Cleveland were sold out. Cleveland has had a hotel boom in recent years, and there are a lot of nice places from which to choose.
Great Roomfrom jab042573
I would stay there again.
Top Local Tips for Cleveland
Is a Rental Car Necessary for a Downtown Cleveland Stay? We were debating renting a car for a 3-day stay to see the RRHF. From other Trip Advisor forum members' advice, we decided not to rent the car but choose cabs instead. That turned out to be a brilliant decision. We would have paid expensive valet parking and then paid regularly to park at every place we were going. Cabs were easy to come by and the free trolley around town made it oh so much cheaper to not rent a car. It probably cost us half as much to take cabs instead of the rental.
Good Restaurants Blue Point Grille - seafood; Sushi Rocks - great sushi, hip, club-type atmosphere, Metropolitan Cafe-eclectic; Lola's - fresh, local ingredients - fantastic atmosphere, good date locale.
Walk and take the RTA Cleveland is an easy walking city. It's set up in a grid pattern so walk instead of renting a car and paying for expensive parking. You can also take the RTA to/from the airport and buses around the city. There is also a "Smile and Ride Free" bus that is free to ride, just smile at the driver. Just ask at Tower City if you need to go somewhere but don't know how to get there. The Zoo is outside of downtown but you can get there.
Other names for Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel
- wyndham playhouse square
- wyndham cleveland
- cleveland wyndham
- Address: 1260 Euclid Avenue - Cleveland - Ohio - 44115 - United States
Hotels Near Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel
- Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland Downtown Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel Denver, Colorado Distance: 1972.8 km / 1225.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Bridgestreet Crittenden Court Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel City Centre Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Select Cleveland City Center Lakeshore Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Renaissance Cleveland Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Cleveland Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- InterContinental Suites Cleveland Hotel Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- InterContinental Hotel and Conference Center Cleveland Cleveland, Ohio Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi