The Westin Charlotte Hotel
Reviews - The Westin Charlotte Hotel
Read 314 additional reviews of The Westin Charlotte Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Charlotte
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Westin Charlotte Hotel
One of my favorites!from thegov
The Best In Charlottefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved the decor!from A TripAdvisor Member
Room was great, but they charge extra for just about EVERYTHING!from A TripAdvisor Member
t wait to return!from AJGianna
Outstandingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Hotelfrom roxian
We had a corner room with windows on 2 sides and views of the city. Nice furnishings, but our rooms seemed a little small (but there are a lot smaller out there!). Maybe it seemed a little tight in there because of all the furniture. We didn't eat there, but the bars and restaurants always seemed full.
The location is very convenient to the interestate. We went to the Bobcats' inaugural game and went to the Southmoor Park mall and Carolina Place mall.
Would definitely stay here again!
Great rooms, shady servicefrom tanik
However, unlike some of the reviewers here, the front desk staff treated me and my guest with an upturned nose, as if we didn't belong there. Even got that kind of attitude from some of the guests! (One guest saw us coming towards the elevator and closed the door in our faces!)
Honestly, as a young black female (with a white male guest), that kind of treatment really sticks out in your mind.
I've had nicer times at the AmeriSuites and Hampton Inn in Charlotte - rooms are large and surprisngly immaculate, service is friendlier, free continental breakfast, and the Hampton Inn has a computer you can use for free!
August 2004 Business Tripfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Charlotte
Blue Cafe and Restaurant A wonderful restaurant located in the center of Charlotte. Easy walking distance from all the big hotels. A diverse Mediteranean menu including Italian, French, Moroccan, and Greek influences. We tried the Wild Boar (amazing) with huckleberries, Beef Tenderloin (melt in your mouth) and signature fish dish. Excellent wine list and a fanciful martini menu. We had two great meals here during two separate trips. Banana cheesecake was incredible but small. Service was a little slow one night.
things to do downtown We ate at Mert's a couple times for some Southern cooking and it was pretty good. food - I'd recommend stopping by if you want to try some southern cooking. I tried the Salmon cakes which were great and the blackened pork chops which the staff highly recommends - I thought they were ok and wouldn't recommend them. The green beans were really good and the mac and cheese was average -- somewhere I read they were the best in the city which I find hard to believe. My wife had the jambalaya and loved it and we both really liked the cornbread. Overall I'd recommend eating at Mert's the food is good and the prices are reasonable too. Staff is really friendly and quick too. I took my 4 yr old son to the Discovery Place and he loved the play area there. We also visited the Imaginon which is basically a public library for children - very colorful and has a theater and place for kids to dress up in different outfits.
Restaurants Do not believe anyone that says The Ranch House is a good restaurant. There are many in the downtown area, and some are cheaper. Also, learn the Panther growl, especially if there is a game. I never quite conquered it, but we had a lot of fun with other guests on the elevator, etc. even if I did sound like I was clearing my throat. At least my sweet baby had it down good. Try the meatball sandwich at Fuel across the street. We got up too late for an affordable buffet (it had converted to the $24 brunch), so we had a spicy breakfast outdoors in a park-like setting. Charlotte is a beautiful city that maintains greenery and water. and it truly improves the quality of life...
Other names for The Westin Charlotte Hotel
- westin charlotte
- charlotte westin
- Address: 601 South College Street - Charlotte - North Carolina - 28202 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Westin Charlotte Hotel
- Hilton Charlotte Center City Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Ascot Inn Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Courtyard Charlotte City Center Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Omni Charlotte Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Marriott Charlotte City Center Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Travelodge Center City Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Dunhill Hotel Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Crowne Plaza Charlotte Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Charlotte Gateway Village Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Morehead Inn Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- The Duke Mansion Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Knights Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Mart Inn & Suites Hotel Charlotte, North Carolina Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi