Tarrytown House Estate Hotel
Reviews - Tarrytown House Estate Hotel
Read 334 additional reviews of Tarrytown House Estate Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Tarrytown
Historical Traveller Reviews of Tarrytown House Estate Hotel
What a Weekend!from NavyJoe
At first I thought we were ripped off until we arrived.
This place is like something out of Hollywood, being in the Navy I have travelled to over 80 countries but this place is awesome.
Bellhops and front desk staff were real pro's and upgraded us to a suite at no charge. This place has mansions, gardens, etc.
The guest room was very upscale with granite and marble bathrooms and real nice bed with a pillow top mattress.
The grounds are awesome and the fall foliage was beautiful. The rates include breakfast but it is no "Embassy" type. You go to the large Castle Liek Mansion sit at beuatiful tables and have servers take care of everything.
Food was great. The place does not have a restaurant and has many large affairs going on but the area has literally dozens of great places to choose from.
Be prepared to walk alot as the estate has over 30 acres of gardens and paths.
Only thing I didn't like was my girlfriend seeing all the weddings has put the pressure on me. Ha ha, seriosuly though this place is awesome, pay the extra few bucks and live like a movie star.
be cautiousfrom nycworldtraveler
One theory is that this hotel is really designed for big events - conferences and weddings actually hosted there. Perhaps having your wedding there is better - but based on my experience - I would urge anyone to ask for many many references. They ruined our experience and that was only with a few hotel rooms - I can't imagine what it would be like if they had ruined our actual wedding.
Loved It!from Shopgirl27
a fair reviewfrom ms521
1) Yes, there are stairs. Yes the place is set up strangely and you have to go up and down and all around to get to the ice machine. And there is only a vending machine. But I wouldn't consider this "bad."
2) Yes, they are still doing construction, even at the late date of Sept 30th, but it wasn't so bad. We were 3 rooms away from constuction and didn't hear it.
3) Yes, they cater to many weddings, private events and business conferences and pairs or singles are lower on the list.
4) Yes it can be really loud with hooting and hollering with drunk people from the weddings. But I find that many hotels are not really sound proofed.
1) The place is not "a dump." It is a 3.5 star hotel just like it says. The beds were comfortable, the shower was big and nice. I think people are exaggerating the state of the rooms.
2) There was free internet and free breakfast (very nice). Also, the little bowling alley in the pub is great fun.
3) The overall value was EXCELLENT. I paid exactly $204 dollars for the room. This is a very inexpensive price considering everything you get.
4) No one should be put off by the bad reviews or scared to go here. There are many things here that are worth checking out once and can make for a nice little getaway, especially if you can get a room for around $200!
Beautiful setting for total discomfortfrom LisaDolan
Little did I know that the beautifully-sculpted bushes I'd admired on the outside of our wing were planted about a foot away from our window. I had the distinct impression of entering not a room, but a cave. There was absolutely no natural light or air within.
My daughters got hungry shortly after arrival. There is no bar, pub, restaurant or even room service of any kind until 5 p.m. "We have a nice vending machine" I was told. Yes, the Doritos and chocolate cookies were delectable.
While watching a movie in our room the fire alarm in our hallway went off. Loud bells, flashing strobe lights and a security chief banging doors let us know the alarm was not mistaken. "Everyone evacuate the building...immediately!!" My daughters were terrified. After about a 20-minute bare foot wait outside we were allowed to return to our rooms. The cause? Some workers down the hall hadn't hung plastic at the room entrance and the dust set off the alarm. Thanks.
The best was still yet to come. Our suffocating room needed airconditioning, but at 12:30 I was awoken by the ailing machine's very irregular moans. Preferring the heat to the noise, I turned it off. Completely off, but it wouldn't die. I checked to make sure it was turned off at least three times over a period of three hours (until 3:45, to be exact) and though it was most definitely turned off it still kept rattling, choking, sighing, spitting out, and then rattling again. I can't remember a longer night.
In the morning, feeling absolutely sick, we went to breakfast. Though the food looked magnificent (and beautifully presented) I was unable to touch a thing. My daughters felt slightly sick, too, and though my mother had slept a good night she immediately felt sick during breakfast due to the sub-zero temperature in the restaurant. It was so freezing cold in there I rushed back to our rooms for sweaters. To no avail for my mother. She left there sneezing and sniffling. She we bring bikinis in winter?
We all felt so hellish that none of us wanted to visit any of the mansions we'd come to see. And my flight back home? One of the worst. I don't think I've ever started a trip so weak.
My advice for this hotel? It would make a wonderful stop for snapping some picturesque shots. Lots of greenery, pretty statues and even little bunnies hopping about. As for spending the night? Go down the road to the Doubletree. It's simple in decore but reliable in the basics!
Our team will review reservation records to determine a Seville, Spain address and hopefully get a contact name/address.
If the author of the article reads this please respond back to my email listed so I may personally intervene and hopefully leave you with a better feeling than you currently have.
Incredible Peoplefrom A TripAdvisor Member
No matter who we asked everyone was there to help us. Lots of walking around though, there are over 20 acres of grounds and lawns.
New rooms are incredible and the food was very good.
I can't wait to return.
Estatefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We will be back in July and hopefully can use the large outdoor pool which looked beatiful but was closed due to weather.
Corporate frat housefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel should offer discounted rates during this time of construction. No dining on site during weekends.
Breakfast, however, is served and it was very good - lots of variety and fresh fruits - and a lovely view over grounds.
Some pluses, but best used for corporate retreats, weddings, and reunions. We would not stay here again.
Fitfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Under some construction but still better than the other area hotelsfrom KevinOleary
Top Local Tips for Tarrytown
Getting to Tarrytown Don't use Mapquest, they send you to wrong street.Call or go to hotel website
Upgrades Be nice to check in desk help.I asked for an upgrade and without even having tocheck with a manager she said, let's see and gave me a room which costs $100 more free.
The Pub Ask front desk about drink coupons. They give them out
Other names for Tarrytown House Estate Hotel
- tarrytown house hotel
- tarrytown house
- tarrytown hotel estate
- tarrytown dolce house
- dolce tarrytown house
- dolce tarrytown
- Address: 49 E Sunnyside Ln - Tarrytown - New York - 10591 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Tarrytown House Estate Hotel
- Doubletree Hotel Tarrytown, New York Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Hotel Tarrytown, New York Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Westchester Marriott Hotel Tarrytown, New York Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Extended Stay America Hotel Elmsford, New York Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Hotel Hawthorne, New York Distance: 6.2 km / 3.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Orangeburg Hotel Orangeburg, New York Distance: 7.2 km / 4.5 mi
- Westchester Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel White Plains, New York Distance: 7.5 km / 4.7 mi
- Best Western Nyack on Hudson Hotel Nyack, New York Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- Super 8 of Nyack Hotel Nyack, New York Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel White Plains, New York Distance: 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
- Summerfield Suites By Wyndham Hotel White Plains, New York Distance: 11.7 km / 7.2 mi
- Renaissance Westchester Hotel White Plains, New York Distance: 12.1 km / 7.5 mi
- Hilton Pearl River Hotel Pearl River, New York Distance: 12.2 km / 7.6 mi
- Comfort Inn Nanuet Hotel Nanuet, New York Distance: 12.4 km / 7.7 mi
- Edith Macy Conference Center Hotel Briarcliff Manor, New York Distance: 13.4 km / 8.3 mi