The New Yorker Hotel, New York City
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Young & Single
Read 3362 additional reviews of The New Yorker Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New York City
Historical Traveller Reviews of The New Yorker Hotel
Would stay again without hesitationfrom gonepackin
Very good security ...show your room card to get an elevator.
The room was just fine and recently remodeled.
All staff were excellent.
It was a short walk to Macy's and quick cab access to Broadway shows ...about $7 including the tip.
We were short on departure time so we did not try Penn station access to Newark International Airport but it should be a snap (a Towncar is $75 and a cab is about $50).
Average bathroom, cheap ratefrom HansniLondon
The foyer was also a bit shabby, and the reception staff were not that helpful.
We tried to organise a transfer to the airport (early morning flight) and I'm sure the security guard just called one of his relatives, as he came in an unmarked car, instead of a proper taxi service, like we had asked for. He charged the same amount as the taxi service so we weren't too bothered.
Overall, not a great stay, but no major problems. Good location.
Great Locationfrom RoydSouthYorkshire
We had one of the rooms awaiting a refurb it was a good size. Not much storage space. Bathroom was clean and had fresh towels everyday.
Most of the staff where friendly a few of the receptionists needed lessons in Customer Service but apart from that everyone was fine.
Had one meal in Tick Tock, never again it was awful and the staff where rude!
Overall a great hotel for location!
Will not stay againfrom Calcuttan
It was a terrible experience. There was construction going on all over the hotel and the lobby was worse than a train station with hordes of gawking tourists sitting around at all times. They even had two staffers checking room keys before letting you take the elevator.
The hotel had musty, faded carpets and the room was small and desperately needed an upgrade.
Will not recommend for anyone.
A bit updated since lastfrom Funny14225
Very nice budget hotel, perfect locationfrom bice710
Great locationfrom swift08
Over all I would definitly stay here again as you have everything on the doo step.
Well done New Yorker, I'm glad I choose to stay here and I will return on my next visit .
ideal locationfrom sharonlafferty
Good place to stayfrom Rob_Tuppen
A short walk away are sights such as Macy's, the Empire State Building and 5th Avenue.
I found the hotel clean and well staffed. The hotel security was reassuring and prevents people from entering the lifts without a room card.
The onsite 24 hour diner was very convenient, although I recommend exploring the many other eateries nearby.
I had a rennovated Queen room on the 27th floor. It was small, but clean and functional. I was disappointed with the bathroom refurbishment and the lack of tea/coffee making facilities.
As an overall impression this hotel is very convenient, but in New York you get what you pay for, so don't expect 5 star luxury.
In summary I recommend to fellow Trip Advisor members.
Love this hotel!!!from MnTLuv2Travel
The hotel room is extremely clean, and a little small, but that is to be expected in NY City. I had a fantastic view of the Empire State Building, which is well within walking distance from the hotel. Times Square is also within walking distance. If you don't care to do the walking, the subway station is literally right around the corner.
This hotel is and always will be the first hotel I check when I am visiting NY. I recently stayed in NY, and the hotel was sold out. The other hotel I stayed in significantly paled by comparison. The New Yorker Hotel is a great hotel, with a great location and fantanstic staff. What more can you ask for?
Top Local Tips for New York City
Sams stakehouse 34th & 9th This steak house was really something else; the service was 1st class and the food even better. It is expensive but you won't mind paying for it as the food and service is really worth it. One of the steaks actually cost $100- but a trip here is worth it. (Not all the steaks were this price) This place is more aimed at couples as posed to families.
Increasing Tolls If you are driving to NYC be warned that the tolls on the Hudson River crossings are now $8.00 and parking in NYC will cost you an arm and a leg!. Consider taking the ferry from Weehawken, NJ. The parking is way cheaper and on the NY side there are complimentary shuttle busses to take you around the city.
Unlimted subway cards if your gonnabe sightseeing def get a unlimited subway ticket, for just $7.50 a day you get unlimited use of subway which is brilliant value considering its $2/ trip normall.
Other names for The New Yorker Hotel
- ramada plaza new yorker hotel
- ramada plaza new york
- ramada new yorker
- ramada new york city
- new yorker ramada plaza
- new yorker ramada
- new yorker hotel reviews
- new yorker hotel new york
- new yorker hotel
- new york city ramada
- Address: 481 8th Avenue - New York City - New York - 10001 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The New Yorker Hotel
- Wingate Inn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Chelsea Star Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Comfort Inn New York Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel 41 at Times Square New York City, New York Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Courtyard Manhattan Times Square South Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Radisson Martinique on Broadway Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Westin New York at Times Square Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Metro New York City, New York Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Comfort Inn Manhattan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Stanford New York City, New York Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Casablanca Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Milford Plaza Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- La Quinta Manhattan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi