The New York Palace Hotel, New York City
Reviews - The New York Palace Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: Morocco
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: Netherlands
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 1897 additional reviews of The New York Palace Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New York City
Historical Traveller Reviews of The New York Palace Hotel
The finest hotel stay thus far.from A TripAdvisor Member
Very nice hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great hotel great locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Would stay there again.
Great for Business Travelfrom MelissaMac
The Palace Hotel was very marginalfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Concierge service was terrible. They promised to get us in to one of five restaurants that we requested and they were unable to get any of them. They did suggest a restaurant before our broadway show but it was terrible. When we commented on their poor choice they only snickered as if they knew it was bad.
The doormen really do not help much. One watched me from the door as I loaded two suitcases in a cab that I hailed on my own. He was too busy getting a hand$hake from a regular client.
All in all I would not stay at The Palace again. It was also a bit overpriced but that is NYC.
Nice Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My only complaint was that they did not have conditioner. I have never been to a quality hotel without conditioner. They only have conditioning shampoo which is not good enough if you have long hair. I didn't take my own because they promise wonderful bath products. When I asked at the front desk late at night, they were nice, but suggested that I walk to the drugstore and buy some. I think they should have gotten me some in their own gift shop. All top hotels should have conditioner.
I have stayed at the Waldorf-Astoria and it was wonderful. I have also stayed at the Plaza and it was not worth it. I liked the Palace, but with so many 5-star hotels in New York, I would probably try another one next time.
Exceptional Views of Cathedral and Skylinefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We booked our Tower suite directly with the hotel for half price.
Request a contemporary room as high up as possible with views of the cathedral. On arrival we found a bottle of wine, chocolates, headed paper and business cards with our names on. Every two days complementary water, fruit and chocolates were delivered to our room.
Our rate included complementary American breakfast delivered to us by room service.
The view of Saint Patrick's Cathedral and the Rockefeller Centre were amazing! The hotel looked lovely with its enormous Christmas trees. We stayed at the Palace from Boxing Day until the New Year.
The staff at the Palace were welcoming, friendly and very helpful.
Staying at the Palace made our trip memorable,
Go and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed!
The Palace Treats you Like a Queenfrom CharlestonNative
Having stayed at other luxury hotels in New York City, I have to say that this is my favorite by far. Not too large and not too small. Truly perfect! An extra bonus was our $225 night room rate from Hotel Conxions. We're already planning our return trip. Go and enjoy the pampering!
The New York Placefrom dublintraveller
Fantastic Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The only thing that initially disapointed me was the amount of people queueing to check in and out at the time we arrived. We waited for about 10 minutes to check in but the staff were very apologetic and it was the weekend before christmas so I can't hold that one against them.
All the staff were extremely helpful especially the concierge desk who gave us numerous helpful hints tips and maps for getting around the fantastic city of New York. Highly recommended!!
Top Local Tips for New York City
NY Palace Skip breakfast at the hotel. There is an excellent breakfast place a block down on 49th between madison and park called bread and co. Excellent food and very affordable. The only stipulation is, they don't take plastic, only cold hard cash.
Wear comforatble shoes and dress for the weather!! Watch the weather...it gets cold when the sun goes down...and the sun goes away quicker when there are tall buildings around!!
You will walk miles! Wear comfortable shoes!
Other names for The New York Palace Hotel
- palace hotel nyc
- palace hotel new york
- new york palace hotel
- new york palace
- new york city palace hotel
- Address: 455 Madison Avenue at 50th Street - New York City - New York - 10022 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The New York Palace Hotel
- Omni Berkshire Place Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- The Waldorf Astoria Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- InterContinental The Barclay Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Elysee New York City, New York Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- W Hotel New York New York City, New York Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- New York Marriott East Side Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Best Western Hospitality House Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- San Carlos Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Radisson Lexington Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Kimberly Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- St. Regis Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Affinia 50 Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- The Roosevelt Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi