Morningside Inn Hotel, New York City
Reviews - Morningside Inn Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Young Couple
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Denmark
- Traveller type: Budget Traveller
Read 245 additional reviews of Morningside Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New York City
Historical Traveller Reviews of Morningside Inn Hotel
Cheap Sleep in NYCfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room lock was keyed and no dead bolts, chains, or other security features were provided. We added a chair next to the door at night.
All in all we were very pleased with the Morningside. Our room cost $88 per night. We were able to spend more money in NYC with the money we saved by staying in this hotel. Don't stay here if you want luxury. If you want a back to basic place to lay your head the Morningside is a fine choice,
Time Enjoyedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The service there was very good. I was greated with professionalism by the front desk staff. They made me feel comfortable and glad that I picked that Inn to stay at. All my question were answered especially when I asked about places to visit, which made it easy for me to get around and enjoy some sites. The rooms were very comfortable and private. If ever in NY again, I would gladly go there once again for my stay.
A place to sleepfrom A TripAdvisor Member
But the downfalls were the size of the room, which was tiny. The bed was sloped and I kept on rolling onto my husband. The hallways were filled with smoke and being 6 months pregnant I was not happy. There was also hot water pipes in the walls which rattled ever time someone on other floors took a shower or went to the toilet. It was pretty grimy, although the staff were nice enough, but not all that helpful.
Highly Recommendfrom A TripAdvisor Member
NYC Cheap and Basic extended stayfrom Cartier
NO, not all the shared bathroom hotels are clean as this one, but I'm a very picky person and I wasn't grossed out at all here. Don't stay at the West Side INN next door that was gross!!
Very Nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Unbelieveablefrom A TripAdvisor Member
t Listen to the whiners...from A TripAdvisor Member
1) If you expect things to be like a 4-star hotel, GO TO A 4-STAR hotel. This hotel was clean enough for me. Just like visiting a friend or relative who lives in an old house. Not perfect, but good enough.
2) If you are the queasy-type-because-I-can't-shower-pee-etc-in a hallway bathroom, please go (and pay for) a 4-star hotel.
Morningside was cheap enough, clean enough for a $75-85 hotel in a city where rooms average two or three times that. Nothing more, nothing less. Would love a TV in the rooms, but otherwise, it was just what I paid for: a place to sleep and shine up.
BTW, saw no mice/bedbugs. Just a stray cockroach. Stomped it, lived to tell.
NO!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
don't go there!! it ids not worth the discount, you'll have the worst vacation ever - read other reviews...
Disgusting........ But you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
When we arrived the man on the reception said he was giving us one of the "good rooms" but the room we were in was anything but. Firstly I wasn't happy with the security of the place, the door of our hotel room was extremly loose and I was sure it would have come open with a kick which did worry me slightly as we were 2 girls travelling alone.
The room itself was dark, dingy and the window looked straight out onto a brick wall and wasn't even the size of a double room. Two small single beds were squeezed into this room along with a fridge and a chest of drawers so there wasn't enough room to swing a cat in there. The bedding did appear to be clean though, which is the only positive thing I can say about the place. To my horror though I found at least 2 small centipeady/beettle type creatures running around in the room!!!!!!
And don't get me started on the bathrooms!!!!! Apparently they were cleaned everyday, but they were vile, digusting places. My personal hygeine is very important but even contemplated not using the bathroom for the 3 nights we were there as I didn't want to get in the shower or use the toilet. Also the toilet paper ran out on the 1st night and wasn't replaced in the bathroom throughout the rest of out stay and when we mentioned it at reception they said they did replace it, but it must have been taken by other guests. They did give us our own roll though........ Again insects seemed to have taken up residency in the bathroom (and I'm not talking about the other guests).
To put a finer point on it........ If you are going to New York, definitely give the Morningside Inn a miss!!!!!! But I got what I paid for........ If it is a dirty cheap hotel, it is that cheap for a reason!!!!! Because it is nasty.........
Top Local Tips for New York City
Morningside Inn Do not believe everything you read,some people opinions is base on what they're expectations are.if they are not met all the negativity starts to come.I read all the negative comments about Patrick the manager and I saw nothing but professionalism and courteous behavior.
Garden of Eden Local Market on corner of 107th & Broadway - MUST go mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!
Not pretty While the hotel was nice, the rest of New York is not-not for me. It was loud, smelly, sticky, & too, too FAST! The most user unfriendy place I have ever visited, although the people were very nice (probably because they have to endure this ugly, loud, abrasive place together). The police actually had a 20-30 minute brazen event in which they honked their horns & ran their sirens~It was most unnerving (and rude!). I kept flashing on male gorillas thumping their chests. There was construction all over, so one had to walk in the streets--in front of other honking vehicles. Everything was dirty--I felt like I had to wear goves just so I didn't touch some old sticky stuff. I am from Atlanta where the buildings are new, clean, & bright. New York is old, dark, & gritty. And not green! No flowers, no birds, just miles of screaching subways. With grafti.
Other names for Morningside Inn Hotel
- morningside new york city
- morningside inn new york
- morningside inn
- morningside hotel new york city
- Address: 235 West 107th Street - New York City - New York - 10025 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Morningside Inn Hotel
- Hostelling International Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Marrakech Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Newton Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1 km / 0.7 mi
- Days Hotel Broadway New York City New York City, New York Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Belnord Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Hotel Wales New York City, New York Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Excelsior Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Park 79 Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Lucerne Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- On The Ave Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Hotel Belleclaire New York City, New York Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Milburn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Hotel Beacon New York City, New York Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- The Franklin Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Comfort Inn Central Park West Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi