Holiday Inn Downtown Manhattan Hotel, New York City
Reviews - Holiday Inn Downtown Manhattan Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Adventurer
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Ireland
- Traveller type: Budget Traveller
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New York City
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Downtown Manhattan Hotel
Great Locationfrom Bobbie43
The staff at the Holiday Inn were friendly and helpful. The only thing lacking is the size of the bathrooms [miniscule]. We had a "suite" which consisted of a large open room with a very comfortable sofa, a table and 4 chairs, and extra chairs for entertaining. Room Service was very quick in their delivery [within 20 minutes].
We had trouble getting a cab in front of the hotel. We walked a block to Canal, and found cabs easily. The Canal Street station of the subway is on the corner of Canal and Lafayette, one block from the hotel.
If this is the kind of weekend that you enjoy, I would recommend the Holiday Inn.
bad attitudes AND servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Still recommending it to friendsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I would not recommend this hotel for anyone who wants opulence and indulgence, or who isn't used to urban hustle and bustle. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a standard hotel that happens to be in a great location, has friendly employees and clean, well-appointed rooms.
great summer deal,great downtown location,great hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Immaculate hotel, friendly servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Location! Great Servicefrom Csustudent
Friendly Staff--Comfortable Roomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Decent hotel in Chinatown/Soho -- no complaints.from moonflower68
Travelers who enjoy (or at least don't mind) Chinatown -- or who generally enjoy the artsy/ethnic neighborhoods of Lower Manhattan (which is "Downtown," in NYC parlance) -- this is a decent, affordable, and interesting lodging option in NYC.
We had a king room. Small and a tight fit for 2 people, but this is standard in NYC, even at higher-end hotels like the Hilton (where we have also stayed). The room and bathroom were clean and well-kept. The bathroom was nicely renovated -- good counter space and unusually good plumbing.
We did not try the hotel restaurant or bar. The hotel is surrounded by an abundance of multi-ethnic dining options. Even though we love Chinese food, we ended up eating most of our meals in various casual French restaurants/bistros close by. Endless choices for food lovers in this neighborhood.
We found the hotel staff to be helpful. They arranged for a town car to take us to LaGuardia Airport for a flat rate of $30 (a great deal for a town car -- comparable to a cab fare in good traffic).
The hotel's fitness center is the New York Health Club 2 blocks away.
We had no complaints and would stay at this hotel again if we're looking for lodging in this part of Manhattan.
t believe the Descriptionfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Counter Staff very helpful.
No complaints!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for New York City
Attitude A lot has been said about attitude from New Yorkers and over the last few years I've always defended them and disputed this urban myth. Now however its les of a myth and can be seen everywhere. Not neecessarily in your face but just watch out - particalarly in the service sector.
River Cafe One of the absolute top dining experiences in NYC and probably beyond. I've eaten in some of the top restaurants around the world and the food here was excellent. Service is first class, very efficient, attentive yet not too snobby as is often the case with places of this ilk. Try the tasting menu, wonderfully presented and makes the meal into an experience. Wine list good but not huge and some very reasonably priced wines as well as those at the higher end. So much for the food and service. What really sets this place apart is the setting which looks from Brooklyn back across to Manhattan island. Absolutely stunning ! And pretty much every single seat has a view of the city. If you splash out on one meal in NYC this should be top of your list for an unforgettable experience and exquisite food.
Don't miss it, I almost did I absolutely stumbled across Lomabardi's pizzaria at 32 Spring Street in "Little Italy". Great service and a pizza that will satisfy your search for the "BEST PIZZA".
Other names for Holiday Inn Downtown Manhattan Hotel
- new york city holiday inn
- holiday inn soho
- holiday inn new york city
- Address: 138 Lafayette Street - New York City - New York - 10013 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Downtown Manhattan Hotel
- Soho Grand Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Off SoHo Suites Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The GEM Hotel NYC New York City, New York Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Mini Suites Of Minetta Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Millenium Hilton Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Best Western Seaport Inn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Reserve New York City, New York Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Gild Hall Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel New York City New York City, New York Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Washington Square Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Club Quarters Downtown Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Exchange Hotel New York City New York City, New York Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- The Wall Street Inn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi