Broadway Plaza Hotel, New York City
Reviews - Broadway Plaza Hotel
Read 843 additional reviews of Broadway Plaza Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New York City
Historical Traveller Reviews of Broadway Plaza Hotel
Great hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Unbelievable view from Room 802from 6604
Great hotelfrom chris49
great place!from hdk1211
We were very pleasedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
t believe the negative reviews!!from Sarah4uk
Bathroom huge; it was about the size of the whole room when I stayed at the "Habitat". Clean, big bedroom, staff were overly helpful, it was hard to miss the hotel - when travelling down Broadway there's a huge billboard on the side of the building. Ok, there are boxes and rubbish on the road at night, but its not exactly imtimidating, or at least me and my Mum didn't think so; if anything it was amusing to watch the men pushing boxes around on the street from the room. The subway is a block away, and if you take the car, we could see into the parking lot from our room. Breakfast never ran out, we found it easier to take it back up to the room. Having hot drinks on tap also made a welcome change!
Although the reception looks small, it made sure that the receptionists could see everyone who was going in or out of the hotel, and stop anyone 'dodgy' looking. We did start to wonder exactly what people were expecting with their rooms, or for the money they pay, but if you want to spend your time in NY stuck in a hotel room, go to the Hilton or such like, but if its a budget hotel with large rooms, then this hotel is perfect.
irish shoppers delightfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Spacious, large bathroom, great views of the empire state. The area seemed slightly dodgey on first impressions but if you walk around you will find that the people are very friendly. There is a great deli on 5th and 28th that we only found on the last day..be sure to visit. All in all a lovely hotel with curteous, friendly staff. We'll be back!
Great Hotelfrom Indielynx
It is true the area around the hotel is a bit dodgy but as two young single females we had no hassle. The hotel is a few blocks from the Empire State building, a ten minute walk to Times Square and Madison Square Gardens and the subway is only a block away. For the money you won't get much better.
Stay somewhere elsefrom A TripAdvisor Member
looks can deceivefrom AlanLondonEngland
Top Local Tips for New York City
5th Ave 5th Ave is great, you can walk all the way to the top and meander through Central Park and have a breath of fresh air before you get struck in with some serious shopping on 5th Ave. I love Tiffany's, don't be intimidated, there are some really lovely affordable pieces in there. The staff are not snooty at all and I've always received excellent service, usually when I am at my scruffiest! Abercrombie & Fitch over the road is fab. Even if you're not into the casual preppie style they have a really hunky model on the door and it's like going into a nightclub - not for the faint hearted! Have cocktails in the evening at the Rainbow Roooms in the Rockerfellar Centre, the views are outstanding, you pay through the nose for your drinks through. Formal attire is required. Another tip for me is the SUBWAY - Not as scary as it would seem on Law & Order, CSI etc great, fast, cheap and convenient way to get around, especially as there is a stop right by the hotel. Use Times Sq as a starting point
L'Ecole-The best kept dining secret in New York The French Culinary Institute has a restaurant, L'Ecole, in the SoHo area. The students cook and serve fabulous French meals. The prix fixe, 5 course dinner was a mere $39.99 per person. The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great-I would have never guessed that this anything but a top notch French restaurant.
City Pass Go to the least popular attraction that offers the City Pass (that way you don't have to wait in line) and purchase it. It's a great value with some of the best attractions, but most important, you will avoid the ticket purchase lines everywhere because you get the actual tickets when you purchase the book. (DO NOT TEAR THE TICKETS OUT OR THEY WILL BE INVALIDATED). Also, buty the weekly Metro-Pass if you are staying three days or more. I definitely got my money's worth. It's good for buses as well. Enjoy!
Other names for Broadway Plaza Hotel
- hotel broadway plaza
- broadway plaza hotel
- broadway plaza boutique hotel
- Address: 1155 Broadway - New York City - New York - 10001 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Broadway Plaza Hotel
- Comfort Inn Chelsea Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Gershwin Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Latham Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Wolcott New York City, New York Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Carlton on Madison Avenue Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hampton Inn Manhattan @ Chelsea Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Herald Square Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Red Roof Inn Manhattan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Chandler New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Four Points Sheraton Manhattan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Thirty Thirty Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Radisson Martinique on Broadway Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- La Quinta Manhattan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Stanford New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Hotel Giraffe New York City, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi