Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn Hotel, Lake Placid
Reviews - Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Lake Placid
Historical Traveller Reviews of Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn Hotel
Great room and proximity to allfrom tnato1
Top notch !!from loseapoint
1. Nice big room with a table and chair, plus armchair. Comfortable beds.
2. Beautifully decorated (deep pile carpets, wooden ceiling, modern furniture and fixtures)
3. Small balcony with chairs to view the surrounding hills
4. Tiled bathroom with spa bath
5. Friendly staff
We didn't like:-
1. Lack of coffee making facilities
2. No iron or board
We ate at the Great Adirondacks Steak & Seafood Restaurant, which we found to be really good - service was great as was food. Appears slightly expensive compared to some similar local restaurants but probably worth it ....
All-in-all, we thought Art Devlin's was absolutely great and we would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone staying in the area. We would also commend the Great Adirondacks Steak & Seafood Restaurant.
We loved it here!from JeepGirl19
sfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The entire place has been recently renovated and it shows. The parking lot, lobby, rooms, and pool area are all in very good condition and tastefully decorated. The room was rather large and included a balcony as well as a small fridge in the bathroom -- a plus for traveling with children. The motel is also pet friendly -- a plus for saving on kennel costs. The owner also has a large German shepherd that roams around freely, which is okay if you like dogs but perhaps intimidating if you don't.
I would say the quality of the rooms is better than those of either the Hilton or the Golden Arrow and the price is much better. We paid about $120 / night for a room here during the peak of fall while comparable rooms at the Hilton and GW were running for $200 and $170 / night. The pool also looked nice with an ~8' deep end, but was outside and closed while we were here (around Sep 30).
Overall, if you're looking to get the royal treatment (Lake Placid Style) and you want to stay in town, consider the Mirror Lake Inn. If you want a place that's family friendly with an indoor pool or right on Mirror Lake, consider the Golden Arrow. However, if you're looking to save money without sacrificing comfort or security, Art Devlin's is the place for you.
Best Value in Lake Placidfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Thoroughly Enjoyablefrom jmcan
Great Valuefrom ysuindy
The room was a good value - we paid $88 per night for a double room on the second floor. The room had two queen size beds. The room was spacious - one of the largest I have stayed in. The second floor room had a high ceiling.
There was a small refrigerator in the bathroom that was good for keeping our drinks cold as well as the fruit that we bought at the local grocery.
The rooms have outside entrances - no interior hallways.
The Inn is close to the Olympic Center - less than a ten minute walk. It is also convenient to the out of village Olympic Sites - Whiteface Mountain, Ski Jump Complex and Bobsled Complex are all within a 10 to 15 minute drive - you do not have to drive through the congested center of Lake Placid to get to these sites.
A continental breakfast is offerred from 7 to 11. Home made muffins, doughnuts and coffee.
Checkout is at 11:00 a.m.
While Devlin's is a good value, this is not the place to go if you want to be pampered. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were rather dated and very thin. I wish I had brought my own. Each bed had two pillows and you could not stack them up to be able to sit up in bed and watch TV. Parking spaces were limited. We arrived back to the hotel about 11:00 p.m. and found only one space available in the lot. The bath towels were also dated - not very plush.
The air conditioner did not seem to be very strong. I really could not get the room really cold like I prefer. The shower head in the bathroom was too low for my preference. I am 6-2 and the shower head was below the top of my head.
The pool outside our room looked nice, but we did not get a chance to go in.
The hotel had wireless internet, but the phones do not have dataports if you do not have wireless capabilities.
I did not come to Lake Placid to spend a lot of time in my hotel room - therefore Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn met my requirements. I would stay here again, but I would try to bring my own pillow. :)
Great place to stay!from athruz
what else can be said?from relayer
Quiet, Clean, and Convenientfrom NHBanker
Top Local Tips for Lake Placid
Skip the Chain Hotels The attractions in Lake Placid are completely outdoors - shopping in the well stocked village, skiing, boating, hiking, dining. Skip the expensive chain hotels and stay at an excellent place owned by friendly locals like Art Devlin's motel in Lake Placid, or any of the reputable cottages, cabins, or B&Bs. Don't miss the excellent, super cool and quaint village of Saranac Lake, just ten minutes down the road.
Great Dinner Go to Jimmy's in town about 10 mins. walk up the hill - reasonably priced (about $45 pp with tip & tax, incl. bottle of wine). Wide variety of food - everyone at the table liked their dinner.
Getting around Everything in the village area is in walking distance, the village is only around 1 mile long on the strip. even with snow fall its easy to get around. Sidewalks are usually clean and vehicular traffic is extremely aware of pedestrians. there are more people walking than driving. So driving around the village area is really not needed! If you need to drive, there are several parking lots to pay by the hour or day or parking meters along the street!
Other names for Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn Hotel
- art devlins olympic motel
- art devlins olympic hotel
- Address: 348 Main St - Lake Placid - New York - 12946 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn Hotel
- Best Western Adirondack Inn Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Edelweiss Motel Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Mountain View Inn Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hilton Lake Placid Resort Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Town House Lodge Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Lakeshore Motel Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Edge of the Lake Motel Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Prague Motor Inn Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Pine Inn Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Wildwood on the Lake Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Maple Leaf Inn Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Econo Lodge Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Placid Bay Inn On Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Comfort Inn on Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid, New York Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi