Hudson Valley Resort & Spa Hotel, Kerhonkson
Reviews - Hudson Valley Resort & Spa Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 147 additional reviews of Hudson Valley Resort & Spa Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Kerhonkson
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hudson Valley Resort & Spa Hotel
Shabby rooms, shoddy upkeep, completely overpricedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What we got instead was a room with the bare minimum of furnishing, harsh florescent lighting, not a single picture on the wall or decoration of any kind.
Now, if it was just a plain room with cheap furnishings, I wouldn't be writting this review.
The paint around the door frames was peeling off in several places, the door in the bathroom had been gouged out by a previous occupants dog, the closet had five or six wire coat hangers. Also, our coffee pot didn't work.
In short, although the room was clean, they have clearly decided not to spend much money on basic maintanence.
When we complained, the manager was unfriendly and basically made it clear she didn't care if we thought the room was in poor condition. She offered us another room, but said "that room will be just the same. It was painted earlier than yours."
Basically, this is a $40 a night roadside motel trying to pass itself off as luxury lodging. For $130 a night, it's a complete ripoff.
t expect luxury!from A TripAdvisor Member
To our surprise arriving at the hotel was a much different experience than expected. Our check-in was quick and the staff at the front desk very friendly. When we got to the room it was nothing like what we had read. The room is not luxurious, but yes, it is clean and comfortable. I may not like the decoration of the hotel, but our stay was very pleasant.
The spa is outstanding and the massages are very good. I actually tried the hot stone massage and it was simply fantastic! I get massages weekly/bi-weekly and like to try different treatments. The hot stone really put me into a state of deep relaxation.... The therapist was very professional and kept asking me if I was comfortable. Great great experience!
The food is also very good, especially the dinner menu. The filet mignon is outstanding and so are the mashed potatoes! The service is also great.
The outdoor pool is not brand new, but the size is excellent and there are plenty of comfortable chairs around it if you like to lay down for sun tanning.
Great place for a relaxing get away or a family vacation! Just don't expect luxury!
Remarkable turn aroundfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Beware of this placefrom A TripAdvisor Member
While we were at the Front Desk on Sunday morning, none of the employees there were willing to notify any of the managers who had authority to discuss restitution for the 'employee assisted theft' because they "don't work on Sunday". Since then, I have spent many hours e-mailing the resort or trying to contact the person identified by other resort employees as the person to talk to. He has not had the decency to even respond to these numerous messages. I am writing this to let others know of the unresponsive management of this hotel.
The Resort is great!!from A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel has an excellent restaurant where we had all our meals and didn't have one bad experience.
There is a part of the hotel that hasn't been renovated but if you specity that you want a room in the renovated part, I think you will be satisfied.
Stay Home!from Kapow
d call this place a last resort...from Meg10520
* "WINNER: WORST OVERALL RESORT DESIGN": This "resort" is located in the middle of nowhere surrounded by incredible views of the Shawangunk mountain range, yet for some reason the architect built two towers facing each other! We looked out our window straight into another building. It appears to us that at least 25% of the rooms at this resort have a view of another building (no mountain view), and another 25%-30% face the parking lot. We can not understand why a designer with unlimited space and such an incredible view would design a "resort" so poorly. Waking up to look into another building was our greatest disappointment.
* ROOM: The room itself was not bad. It was spacious and the furniture/linens were clean. However, the carpet was very dirty with hair matted down into it in places.
* BATHROOM: The bathroom had been recently refurbished, and was lovely except there was NO HOT WATER. The first night, we got hot water by leaving the shower run for 15 minutes; the next morning and day after we could not get warm water. (We did get 20% off our bill for the lack of hot water by an apologetic front desk staffer... BUT, the staffer did not deny that this is a known problem at the resort.)
* HALLWAYS / CARPETS: The carpets leading to our room had no less than 10 large green bleach stains. There was an unkempt housekeeping cart parked outside our room for the 48 hours we stayed at this place.
* LOCATION: This hotel is located nowhere near New Paltz. It is approximately 20 miles from the town. There are no dining options in the immediate area except the hotel's American Grill and pan-Asian restaurant, both of which require reservations for dinner.
* CONVENTIONS: This place markets itself for weddings and conventions. The lobby -- which, on the website, looks classy and empty -- is filled at all hours with conventioneers, wedding guests, and screaming children. Noise did not carry to our room, but it made the "resort" feel more like a nursery school or theme park at times than a relaxing temporary home away from home.
We loved the New Paltz area, but will consider the Hudson Valley Resort our last resort the next time we visit.
-Megan and Chris, New York, NY, USA
This Place Is Creepyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We came up from New Paltz to use the "day spa" and see about staying over.
The place was deserted, dirty and the staff unkept and unfriendly.
If you painted Chicago's public housing white, threw in a few tacky Greek and Roman statues and dumped it in the middle of the Hudson Valley ... you'd have Hudson Valley Resort and Spa.
Talk about false advertising. The photos in the ads and the Web site are obviously "stock" ... because the only thing "slick" about this place is the advertising.
Not that there is anything wrong with it but the massage therapist was in her late 70's.
The help is helpless. The steam room and jacuzzi filthy and broken.
If you like run down, tasteless hotels and you dig Norman Bates... this is the perfect place for you.
Tranquil and relaxingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
t take them for Granite!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Kerhonkson
visit the spa at the hudson valley resort if your a local, pay the 8 dollar access pass and enjoy the staemroom, sauna, jacuzzi, the 2 fitness centers, indoor and outdoor pools and water aerobics!!! great spa
spa go to the spa and book some treatments!!!
Getting A Lot For Your Money -- Good Place to Hold Conventions.and Special Event very accommodating, good value for your money with package deals, different activities including indoor and outdoor pools, hiking, golf, arrangements can be made for your dog -- they have pet area for exercise, etc.
Other names for Hudson Valley Resort & Spa Hotel
- hudson valley resort and spa kerhonkson
- hudson valley hotel
- Address: 400 Granite Rd - Kerhonkson - New York - 12446 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hudson Valley Resort & Spa Hotel
- Minnewaska Lodge Hotel Gardiner, New York Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
- Mohonk Mountain House Hotel New Paltz, New York Distance: 11.2 km / 6.9 mi
- Super 8 Motel of New Paltz Hotel New Paltz, New York Distance: 17 km / 10.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Kingston Hotel Kingston, New York Distance: 27.4 km / 17 mi
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Kingston, New York Distance: 27.7 km / 17.2 mi
- Super 8 Motel Hyde Park Hotel Hyde Park, New York Distance: 28.1 km / 17.4 mi
- Valley Brook Motor Inn and Cottages Hotel Wurtsboro, New York Distance: 28 km / 17.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Poughkeepsie, New York Distance: 30.1 km / 18.7 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Poughkeepsie Hotel Poughkeepsie, New York Distance: 30.2 km / 18.8 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel Newburgh, New York Distance: 30.4 km / 18.9 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Hotel Newburgh, New York Distance: 31 km / 19.3 mi
- Mercury Grand Hotel Poughkeepsie, New York Distance: 32.5 km / 20.2 mi
- Catamount at Emerson Place Hotel Mount Tremper, New York Distance: 31.2 km / 19.4 mi
- Ramada Inn Hotel Newburgh, New York Distance: 33.6 km / 20.9 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel Saugerties, New York Distance: 35.3 km / 21.9 mi