Holiday Inn JFK Airport Hotel, Jamaica
Reviews - Holiday Inn JFK Airport Hotel
Read 33 additional reviews of Holiday Inn JFK Airport Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Jamaica
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn JFK Airport Hotel
This is Not a 3 star hotel by any stretchfrom BostonBubbles
1) When making the reservation I asked about a roll away for the room. I was told "no problem" for $10 extra for our stay. When we arrived we were told this was against fire code and was impossible. After signing a waiver we got the roll away but this was misinformation.
2)I was told on the phone that the pool was being cleaned and would not be available for 2 weeks. When we arrived I was told the pool was not available until at least Monday. After breakfast on Saturday we saw people swimming in the pool.
3)I was told on the phone there would be no prolbem with a computer hook up. In addition there was a business center that was available. When we arrived we were told that one needed a "card" to operated a lap top and there were none at that time and we should check back. Perhaps another guest would return their card. We were also told the business center was not fuctioning. When we asked on Saturday about the card for the laptop, were were told that there really were no cards (there never were?) and there was no internet service in the hotel in any case.
4)I asked about the route of the NY Marathon. This was Sunday and we didn't want to run into closed streets. We were told that the hotel had no information. I asked about purchasing the NY Sunday Times (for possibly the route) and was told that the hotel does not stock it! So, I could not look in the paper for the route, I coud not get the information from the hotel--and they were NOT helpful.
4) the room smelled when we entered
5) The hotel workers are on strike and the strikers had a audio loop that was very loud. The hotel said they could do nothing. At least we should have been given noise elimators.
6)the hotel is NOT 3 stars. It looks run down and the accomodations/staff, although by and large courteous, did not offer a pleasant experience.
Shame on you.
Service is not on par with the Namefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Clean But Very Run Down Looking - Can Not Recommendfrom Forwarder
I arrived late at night (10pm) due to flight problems, waited over one hour for the shuttle bus to come and pick me up. I called the hotel four times during this hour and each time was told the shuttle would come get me immediately.
When I did get to the hotel I waited another 10 minutes for the reception person to check in all the Non-Priority Club Members before they even looked at those of us standing in the roped off Priority Club Member Area where we were suppose to receive preferred treatment due to our membership status.
Buffet breakfast in the restaurant was exactly the same every single day. If you got to the table too late, most of the food was cold or too dried out from the hot plates. The Breakfast Restaurant staff seemed to be mad at each other the whole time I was there, they would not help each other out. This meant that if your waiter was busy and you needed a refill on coffee the other waitress would just tell you to wait for your waiter. Price was ridicules for the quality of the food.
The Strike Action was a joke, the first week they had this inflatable rat out in front of the hotel with two or three people sitting around on chairs under a canopy while a prerecorded message blared over loud speakers sounding like they had 50 people out there striking, and chanting when in fact it was seldom more then 3.
Based on my experience with the Service I received at the JFK Holiday Inn I don't think the employees deserved more then minimum wage.
Stay Away,not good enough even for one night!from MaturemanL
Room was upgraded to a suite as they said at reception that a normal room could not hold 5 people though that is what we booked and confirmed.
Furnishings in the room were shabby with a sofa ripped and a stale smell of cigarettes in our non smoking floor.
Breakfast buffet was poor and cost extra.
The airport bus had all the charm of prison transportation and it seemed like a life sentence before we got off at the car rental area.
All in all a poor excuse for an airport hotel and a smeear on the Holiday Inn's reputation.
And by the way the employees are still picketing the front of the hotel as I have seen from a review from Nov 2004!!!
Food Poisoningfrom libbyglee
Very Accomodating and not bad for the pricefrom Peachie331
Met Our Needsfrom Stanger
The room itself was average. It was clean, which is what matters. The bathroom was also clean, however both the shower and sink did not drain well at all.
The restaurant provides a buffet style breakfast. I thought 15 dollars per person was a bit pricey for the limited selection. This breakfast was average at best. The service was poor...it took our waiter 15 minutes to run a credit card. My husband had to track him down in the back since we were waiting so long. Drive a few blocks down to the Dunkin Donuts and save yourself the money.
We also ate dinner in this same restaurant and found the dinner meal to be MUCH better than what we had sampled earlier in the morning. The meat was fresh, the vegetables perfect, and tons of bread (accompanied with butter at just the right temperature). The service for dinner was excellent as well.
All of the employees were courteous.
The strikers are still there, so be prepared to hear drums beating throughout the day.
It does not get any worse than thisfrom corsair
My advice is not to go anywhere near the Holiday Inn JFK, it is shabby, run down and very poorly managed..... interestingly enough there was a union picket line outside the hotel as well.
Not bad for one nightfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The giant, inflatable rat was still there. There's a bunch of people that bang on their drums all day and well into the night. I would suggest requesting a room in the back of the hotel since the drums are pretty loud and can definitely be heard in the rooms.
We took a taxi from JFK and the rate came out to $8.50. It took us about 45 minutes to get to Manhattan.
Overall, this hotel is satisfactory for one night. I would probably look for a newer property next time I'm in the area.
A giant inflatable ratfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I decided to not even chance it and moved to another hotel down the street.
Probably best to call them for a status if you don't want to be bothered with this.
Top Local Tips for Jamaica
AirTrain and Hotel Complimentary Shuttle Please bear in mind that you have to make it to Airtrain's station C to take the hotel complimentary shuttle. From the hotel they do take you to your corresponding terminal.
Other names for Holiday Inn JFK Airport Hotel
- jamaica holiday inn
- holiday inn jfk airport
- holiday inn jfk
- Address: 144-02 135th Ave - Jamaica - New York - 11436 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn JFK Airport Hotel
- Courtyard New York JFK Airport Hotel Jamaica, New York Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Kennedy Airport Hotel Jamaica, New York Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Best Western Jamaica Inn Hotel Jamaica, New York Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Howard Johnson Inn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott at La Guardia Airport Hotel East Elmhurst, New York Distance: 13.3 km / 8.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport Hotel Flushing, New York Distance: 9.2 km / 5.7 mi
- Floral Park Motor Lodge Hotel Floral Park, New York Distance: 9.7 km / 6 mi
- The Anchor Inn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 10.6 km / 6.6 mi
- Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel Flushing, New York Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi
- Pan American Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Comfort Inn La Guardia Airport Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- South Shore Inn Hotel Lynbrook, New York Distance: 11.7 km / 7.3 mi
- Best Western Mill River Manor Hotel Rockville Centre, New York Distance: 12.5 km / 7.7 mi
- Hampton Inn Rockville Centre Hotel Rockville Centre, New York Distance: 12.3 km / 7.7 mi
- La Guardia Marriott Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 12.8 km / 7.9 mi