Hotel Plaza Real, Santa Fe
Reviews - Hotel Plaza Real
Read 330 additional reviews of Hotel Plaza Real at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Fe
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Plaza Real
Still like this hotelfrom restonres
We were looking forward to having a (wood) fire in the fireplace, but given that the fireplace was in the cute but dark and small, drafty and pretty uncomfortable sitting room (adobe-molded couches with cushions on them), and that you had to call the desk to have someone bring you a small amount of wood and light the fire for you, we never bothered. We stayed in very comfortable king bed in the second room and watched the Olympics on the good tv. Unfortunately, the small bathroom was perhaps 3 feet away from the bed, so there was little privacy.
They provided a small refrigerator, a coffee maker, good selection of Santa Fe-related literature, and the desk managers recommended terrific dinner and breakfast restaurants (Plaza Cafe for breakfast - don't miss it!) - very nice and helpful. You can park in the garage beneath the hotel, but note it's $10 or $12/day (not mentioned by the desk staff when I asked where we could park our car). Also, the ramp out of the garage is so steep that we severely scraped the undercarriage of our car each time we left, expecting to leave the muffler behind.
Very good locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A good place to stayfrom AlbuquerqueGAL
Mixed review...but would go backfrom cynflyco
t bother you, it can be a dealfrom Pasqualinho
Yes, if spent 200$ I wouldnt be as pleased. It is also true that if they made a lot of minor repairs that would seem to take much, fussy people would have no complaints.
1. Great location
2. Suites were very large with balconies or good views (we were on the 2nd and 3rd floor).
3. Clean with the usual mini fridge, hair dryer, iron, 2 tvs, etc.
4. Reception pleasant, but low key (very New Mexican to me)
5. Firm bed
6. Pull out couch seemed fine.
7. Setting seemed nice and at least not another fake adobe
8. Great internet price (some sites were offering the same room for 100 more)
Weaker -- things that didnt bother me, but might others
1. Minor touch-ups needed: repainting balconies, re-enamel the tub, light switches not set into the wall properly.
2. Bathroom not huge for an "upscale" place, and fixtures/pressure not the greatest
3. No restaurant (not really a problem it's Santa Fe)
Rustic, charming....comfortablefrom kyler23
The room was very comfortable, especialy the bed! The rooms open to an enclosed, open air courtyard that is peaceful and quiet. The stairs are narrow, made of wood, but is part of the charm, I think.
The furnishings reminded me of many ski condos in Colorado - southwest decor - rustic, sturdy, comfortable.
This is a place to stay if you are looking for a "local" experience or a cozy romantic getaway.
If you want corporate luxury, all glass and brass doors, a concierge, or travel with a large amount of luggage, you should look elsewhere - probably the Eldorado. There are no elevators to the second story rooms, although there is convenient disabled access to the ground floor rooms.
This is perfect if you like to explore on your own and want a warm, welcome place to come "home" to. Readers (and writers) will appreciate the front porch.
My advice: skip the car (12.00/day parking), take a twenty dollar shuttle from the airport. Leave the laptop at home, use the library next door to check your e-mail for free. Rent a bicycle for "long" trips.
If you are the independent, explore on your own type, you'll love it...
Good Value and Great Location at the Hotel Plaza Realfrom maryanne12345
Rooms were rather plain and a bit dark (as noted by other posts), and did not have the charm of some other places I've stayed, but ours was clean, included a fireplace (nice because there was still a chill in the air at night), and quite comfortable.
If you book through Travelocity be advised that there is no on-sight pool (they have a shuttle that goes to the Radison). The staff was learning a new computer system, so check-in was a bit slow, but overall we had no complaints. It's a great location -- but it is not an upscale hotel. This was fine for us, since we were out and around most of the time.
Venus, at the front desk, was helpful and prompt and solved any problems we brought to her. Other staff seemed less tuned in to what was needed -- I think they need to do more staff training, but no one was rude or surly.
I love Santa Fe, and I brought my 16 year-old daughter for her first trip to the southwest. I'm including the photos she took of the hotel.
Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
not have to use our car constantly which was refreshing. The hotel
staff were not friendly and inviting, however, the room was roomy,
clean and decorated in the southwestern style. The hotel was
extremely quiet which was relaxing too.
Bait and switchfrom actran
He finally gave us a second room with another king bed - but since we were getting "2 rooms for the price of one" they came and took away the mattress for the sofa bed. What's up with that? That made the sofa look funny and uncomfortble to sit on. The second room had two doors and one didn't work. When my friend took the towel off the rack in the bathroom the rack fell off. There was a huge puddle of water outside my room that I couldn't avoid. The lobby reeks of smoke from the bar. They stock the rooms with plastic cups instead of glasses. They also charge $12/night for parking. I hope to go back to Santa Fe one day, but I'll never go back to the Hotel Plaza Real.
Great locationfrom lizardMarquette_MI
Top Local Tips for Santa Fe
our favorite restaurant Loved the SantaCafe, and it's only a few steps from Hotel Plaza Real.
Santa Fe Opera Worth the wait and the price!
O'keefe Georgia O'Keefe museum is great. The first Firday of each month it's free and the galleries stay open later in the evening.
Other names for Hotel Plaza Real
- plaza real santa fe
- plaza real hotel
- Address: 125 Washington Avenue - Santa Fe - New Mexico - 87501 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Plaza Real
- Inn Of the Anasazi Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Territorial Inn Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- La Fonda On the Plaza Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Inn and Spa at Loretto Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Casa de Estrellas Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Frances Hotel Santa Rosalia, Mexico Distance: 1766.9 km / 1097.9 mi
- Garretts Desert Inn Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Fort Marcy Suites Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- La Posada de Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton of Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Inn Of the Governors Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Inn On the Alameda Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Inn Of the Five Graces Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Eldorado Hotel & Spa Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Old Santa Fe Inn Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi