Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town Albuquerque
Reviews - Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town Albuquerque
- Age Group:
- From: United States
- Traveller type:
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Albuquerque
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town Albuquerque
A wonderful place to spend Christmas!from tekmann1
What a nice placefrom GoJints
The rooms were clean, the service wonderful. When I mentioned this to a hotel employee, he said the new owner (within the last month) was planning on a rennovation to the property. Both my friend and I wondered why.
I would absolutely stay here again - though please note: The name of the hotel is now Hotel Albuquerque.
be sure you take your confirmation numberfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Stay at the real Sheraton insteadfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was very nice, if rushed and impersonal, when we checked in. The new part of the hotel is beautiful, but the rooms are located in a run-down old tower. The room had a great view of a mountain, but was somewhat blocked by the too-large couch and the air conditioning unit. The furniture in our room was beautiful but barely functional. The furnishings consisted of a pedestal sink (pretty, but nowhere to put our toiletries), the coffee maker was on the only nightstand, and next to the alarm clock. The only drawers in the room were three rough drawers that were built into the entertainment center that housed the too-small TV. The pool was beautiful, but a very long and unpleasant hike through an almost-abandoned corridor in the hotel, then through a large courtyard and two separate gates. There are advertisements throughout the building for the supposed award-winning bar on site, but we spent several minutes looking for said bar and were unable to find it or any staff to point us in the right direction. The closest we found was a very small bar that sat at the intersection of the two restaurants in the hotel- it was closed at 8:30 on a Tuesday night.
Upon checkout, we were met with an experience that pretty much summed up our stay. Our car (which was parked exactly where the man at the desk had asked us to park) was surrounded by chains, cones, and safety tape and we were unable to leave the parking lot. (Apparently they had cordoned off the area so that no other cars could enter the debris zone.) Unable to find any staff to assist us (a theme for the stay), we moved the barricade and chain out of our way so that we could leave the Old Town Sheraton (or whatever they call it today) for the last time.
t waste your money!from A TripAdvisor Member
Nice hotel near Old Town - think twice on weekends!from ktmat.jul
Our room was spacious and clean, and had a great balcony overlooking the swimming pool and courtyard. The beds, when we first crawled in, were comfortable as well. The carpets were a vacuumed, but were a little dated and stained in places. Unfortunately, our room was in the midst of a young wedding crowd. The wedding right outside our balcony was very, very loud, and the thin walls did little to muffle the very noisy, rowdy guests next door. At 11:00, we called the front desk to request a different room. Within 10 minutes, we were relocated to a higher floor on the other side of the hotel. This room was actually slightly larger, but did not have a balcony. The view of the mountains was quite nice, though, and we could hear nothing from the party.
I'd recommend this hotel, but if you're travelling on a weekend and need to get up early, I would definitely request a mountain view room on an upper floor. If you're in Old Town for dinner, I also recommend High Noon - located in a building built in 1785 and full of character. Great food and excellent service (~$75 for two people with drinks)
Great valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Dirty Sheratonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Old Town Albuquerque with a Viewfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Sheraton Old Town was comfortable and relaxingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Albuquerque
Take a trip to Turtle Mountain Brew Pub This tip is for "hop heads". Located in Rio Rancho, Turtle Mountain has the best brews in the nearby region, as welkl as very good calzones and pizzas. Il Vicino is a 2nd best (located near Nob-Hill), and Kelly's and Rio Chama about tied for 3rd.
Be Prepared This winter has been a little crazy wheather-wise in Albuquerque itself. I was very happy to have put a pair of gloves in my bag. Our rental car did not come equipped with a snow scraper/brush. When we were leaving the hotel to return the car before our flight I had to push 5" of very heavy snow off the car with my hands and arms. I really apreciated having those gloves tucked away - just in case.
A full seven days of activites in Albuqquer and nearby Hotel Albuquerque is located wihtion waling distance and short drive to at least 6 major attravctions(doing two per day max). The locatiin is very close to interstate 40 which joins inerstate 25 and alows forewasy access to all of Albq as well as easy route to Sata Fe. A must see is SKY CITY some 45 miles north on route 40 west.
Other names for Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town Albuquerque
- hotel albuquerque old town
- at old town hotel albuquerque
- at old town albuquerque
- Address: 800 Rio Grande Boulevard - Albuquerque - New Mexico - 87104 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town Albuquerque
- Best Western Rio Grande Inn Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Bottger Koch Mansion Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Casas de Suenos Old Town Country Inn Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Monterey Non Smokers Motel Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Quality Inn Downtown Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Cinnamon Morning Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- The Hotel Blue Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- La Posada de Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Quality Inn and Suites of Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 11.9 km / 7.4 mi
- La Quinta Inn Suites Albuquerque West Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 3.6 km / 2.3 mi
- Clubhouse Inn and Suites Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Hilton Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque, New Mexico Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi