Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village Hotel
Reviews - Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Princeton
Historical Traveller Reviews of Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village Hotel
Horrible Experiencefrom LMBurgoon
1. It is not next to the Princeton campus
2. The pool area/workout facilities are inadequate and very dirty
3. The level of service is poor!
4. The japanese resturant is great but again the service is horrible.
5. The rooms are layed out very weird, I had to walk a mile to get to my room and then had no space to put my suitcase down.
6. Just a horrible experience.
There are better hotels in this range.from smum
Nice hotel but.....from A TripAdvisor Member
Parking is very easy. I would stay in this hotel again.
OK weekend overnight, probably a great business hotelfrom sgeim
The staff was nice and very responsive. The restaurant, Fresh, seemed generally understaffed, although everyone tried hard to please.
Our children enjoyed the pool although it was warm one day and freezing the next.
Great Hotel, BUT...from A TripAdvisor Member
In Princeton, most of the chain hotels are on Rt. 1, with a few independants, like the Nassau Inn, in downtown Princeton. Most of the chain hotels on Rt. 1 are near large mall shopping areas, with the Doral and the Westin being the exception. The Forrestal Village is like a Western ghost town most of the time, with no shoppers or visitors. You will have to drive everywhere you go.
The rooms are very nice, and as with all Westins, the beds are fantastic. The lobby is fairly stylish and well decorated. However, the workout facilities are pathetic. The weight/workout room is akin to what you would find at an Econolodge. For this alone, I would give the Hotel an overall rating between POOR/AVERAGE The pool area is fairly nice. Hower, on the website, you see a pool with lap swimming lines. However, the only thing that could swim a lap in this pool is a goldfish.
Fresh is okay for breakfast, but not really worth the price. I don't mind paying $15 excluding tip for a breakfast, as long as it's good.
Great hotel!!from Ginger9708
This hotel was very nice! it was in the middle of a little shopping center which i liked, I was able to get a break for a while by myself while my husband stayed in the room and read. it wasnt congested at all so it was very pleasant. There were a few clothing stores and an Italian Restaurant and a few other snack places. The room was nice as it also had windows which you could open which was good because it there was alot of dry heat. The bed was great! very very comfortable one of the best nights sleep i ever had. We had a reservation at the Japanese Restaurant and it was excellent, service also excellent.
We were on club level which included a breakfast in the morning. Also one of the best free breakfast buffets I've ever had at a hotel (they had a made to order omelet station and smoked salmon) along with the usual breakfast items, etc. nice surprise after some of the breakfasts I've had at other places. The staff is also very nice and professional. I would definitely stay here again. Its great for a quick little get away. This was located in a nice area which wasnt congested at all and very easy to get to and from Route 1.
I just wish I had stayed here sooner!from omarcarbomb
On this last trip I stayed in princeton 5 nights and stayed at 4 hotels.
I wanted to find one I liked, and I'm happy to say I have and It's the Westin.
This hotel was the best of 4, and I can see why its rated number one in Ptown.
I will make it my first pick next time.
From the minute you drive up to the front door you will know what I mean.
After being greated by a friendly and helpfull porter (wow! they still have those) you walk into the elegant lobby and are greeted by a helpfull desk staff. They answered my questions and got me off to my room in good time.
The room was just what I needed after a long day. Clean and comfortable; it was stylishly apointed in leather and wood. Central air here no loud window unit. Actullay had a window that opened and nice blinds instead of tacky drapes. The bed is the best I have come accross in a good while. Mental note, buy a new mattres when I get home, or buy theirs - there so proud of it, they have an order form in the room. (probably got tired of people asking how to get it)
The fitness center was small and the equipment could use some updating but it served my needs. I did like that it had a gym style locker room with sauna attached to it. Also I do pilates and the hotel had pilates balls and matts in the fitness center and on the in room programming a free exercise channel (thier own!) that was doing pilates exercises for travellers. If you travel a lot and struggle to exercise on the road I suggest you look into pilates. Funny name but simple concept, stretches and exercises you can do in your room by yourself. They help support your back for that long flight home!
The pool was in a large atrium and was an indoor outdoor pool - fancy!
There was contruction going on at the hotel but it was contained. I had a beer at the lobby bar and had a nice conversation with the bartender.
When I got the document I was working on done , I wanted to print it out but the business center was closed. The business center had poor hours and was not worth the time when open. You could't print from a laptop :(.
However one of the desk clerk offered to let me email it to her and print it out for me. Did I mention a staff with a can do attitude - way to go Westin!
You got my number one vote!
Westin Quality with a Great Club Loungefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Wedding and excellent shoppingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great service!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Princeton
SALT CREEK for Wine and Jazz Call ahead. Very nice place. Great wine list. Fireplaces with cozy nooks both inside and outside. Great place to take clients or friends during a conference.
The Ferry House Be sure to make a reservation for dinner at the Ferry House on Witherspoon Street in Princeton. Bring a fabulous bottle of wine to enjoy with their fantastic food.
Sunny Garden, Princetonian Diner, Grounds for Sculpture Great Meals, and wonderful sculptures, you must not miss these places
Other names for Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village Hotel
- westin princeton
- westin forrestal village
- princeton westin
- Address: 201 Village Blvd - Princeton - New Jersey - 8540 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village Hotel
- Princeton Marriott Hotel at Forrestal Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Princeton Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Courtyard Princeton Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Summerfield Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Radisson Hotel Princeton Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Peacock Inn Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 4.6 km / 2.9 mi
- Hyatt Regency Princeton Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Hyatt Place Princeton Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- Chauncey Conference Center Hotel Princeton, New Jersey Distance: 8.9 km / 5.6 mi
- Quality Inn East Windsor Hotel East Windsor, New Jersey Distance: 12.6 km / 7.9 mi
- Marriott Trenton at Lafayette Park Hotel Trenton, New Jersey Distance: 20.2 km / 12.5 mi
- Hanover Marriott Hotel Whippany, New Jersey Distance: 55.3 km / 34.4 mi
- Hyatt Regency New Brunswick Hotel New Brunswick, New Jersey Distance: 21.4 km / 13.3 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Piscataway Somerset Piscataway, New Jersey Distance: 22.8 km / 14.2 mi