Hilton Newark Gateway Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Newark Gateway Hotel
Read 375 additional reviews of Hilton Newark Gateway Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Newark
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Newark Gateway Hotel
Sad and Tired Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not worth the troublefrom Ciaobellissimo
For the Hotwire price, great!from jagdog
I requested a non-smoking king room, I got a smoking queen room, right next to the elevator. I immediately asked the person at the front desk for another room, he responded that since I purchased this online from another company he didn't think he could do anything, I told him he could and he would. He moved me to another smoking room but this one was a handicap king, across from the elevator and ice machine, which was a pretty decent room, not quite as nice as the other, but we were able to enjoy it. It was also an adjoining room, which I can't say I would normally mind but this room I swear I could hear the people next door whisper if they chose to do so (of course they chose to do the opposite and blast the tv). I listened to the news the next morning while laying in bed with my tv off, I literally heard every word of the news (and commercials). Fortunately the people checked out the next day and we didn't have neighbors again until 2 night later.
The restaurant in the lobby was nice, we enjoyed being able to order food and drinks and bring them back to our rooms, there was a 5% delivery charge and a flat gratuity fee for room service. The shuttle guys were cool, all but 1 at least. Some took us to a local restaurant and picked us up, offered to go many other places. They even helped us navigate through NYC and gave suggestions for routes to take. One refused a tip - once.
We had a room that looked over the street to Penn Station, avoid this side of the horel if possible, apparently the cops like to pull people over after dark, the fire trucks respond to any medical or fire emergency in the city and the ambulance must do the same. My wife and I even started playing games of who could pick which emergency siren we heard before looking out the window one night. Fortunately, we were too tired at night for it to keep us up.
The pool was closed so nothing to say about it, you couldn't even go look at it.
There is a little indoor strip mall connected to the building, came in handy for cash, snacks, and even gifts.
Penn Station: You can't beat the location to Penn Station as it is connected to the hotel by a cat walk. Every morning we rolled out of bed, went to Penn station to get breakfast and waited for our train to NYC. Now that I have been, if I went back I wouldn't stay anywhere but here unless I can't get a good deal ont the room.
Well worth the savings regardless of transit time to stay in NJ for NY shows.from JanetCWyoming_RI
Great Hotel Outside Manhattanfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not Your Typical Hiltonfrom ThomasPAtlanta
t change my mindfrom carterdw
s the big deal?from travel4
Hated this Hiltonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Ugly Overpriced Hiltonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
withing the adjoined Gateway Center. The hotel is overpriced for what you
get. Embarrassing for the Hilton brand. The TV cabinet in my room had the door
ripped off it. The pool was closed indefinately (and difficult to access).
Front desk service was indifferent.
Top Local Tips for Newark
Nice city Learn the train system. It will be very helpful once you arrived.
train and subway Purchase a Metro card in at least an increment of $20. You can use this card for both the Path trains from New Jersey, and the subway and the bus. I would have purchased $40 at the beginning of our trip if I had realized how convenient this was. We used the same card for the whole family which was very helpful when you have kids along. I would have used just the Path train, and not the NJT train which was $4.50 to go into the Manhattan, and did not run as often.
steak Cheap tasty steaks in Ferry Street behind the station. Especially the no-frills Mexican-run restaurant.
Other names for Hilton Newark Gateway Hotel
- newark hilton
- hilton penn station newark
- hilton newark penn station
- hilton newark
- hilton hotel newark
- Address: Raymond Blvd - Newark - New Jersey - 07102 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Newark Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Robert Treat Hotel Newark, New Jersey Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hampton Inn & Stes Newark Riverwalk Hotel Harrison, New Jersey Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Comfort Suites Newark Hotel Newark, New Jersey Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Airport Hotel Newark, New Jersey Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Courtyard Liberty International Airport Hotel Newark, New Jersey Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Wyndham Garden Newark Airport Hotel Newark, New Jersey Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Days Inn Newark Airport Hotel Newark, New Jersey Distance: 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott Hotel Newark, New Jersey Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Hilton Newark Airport Hotel Elizabeth, New Jersey Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel Elizabeth, New Jersey Distance: 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
- Crowne Plaza Newark Airport Hotel Elizabeth, New Jersey Distance: 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Extended StayAmerica Hotel Elizabeth, New Jersey Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Residence Inn Newark Airport Elizabeth Hotel Elizabeth, New Jersey Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel Elizabeth, New Jersey Distance: 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Elizabeth Newark Hotel Elizabeth, New Jersey Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi