Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson Hotel
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Jersey City
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson Hotel
A nice Thanksgiving getawayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
s Thanksgiving Paradefrom biddingforhotel
On the way back, we took C train to 47th St and walk thru Time Square which was one of the most crowd places of Manhattan at night time and had nice dinner at TGI Friday's at Broadway on 4th floor with nice view to the Time Square. Then we walk around and down to 34th St at Broadway to PATH 33st station and took PATH train to Hoboken, then transfer another PATH (just across platform) heading WTC to get off at Exchange Place Stn, and cool! we are back home at the great hotel.
After a nice sleep on comfortable beds, we got up very early to catch PATH train again to 33st where Macy's was and watch Thanksgiving Balloon Parade. It was so crowd that you need to be there by 7am to have good spot and after 8am the street all block, if you are not get in the closer street, you will have to watch at farther place. The parade was so great that you see lots of people, huge balloons and free hot chocolates provide by Askjeves.com ...etc. So many kids, big or small. The best place to watch the parade is from 49st to 57st; don't ever try streets near 34st where Macy's is and end of parade, nor try 59th st at Columbus Circle...
Then we did some city tour to Rockerfeller Center area and the Christmas tree already there and will be lighted on Nov 30. Last year we checked out the Xmas tree also stay at this hotel, and I am glad that we already got a reservation for this year as well. The Brookstone store at the corner has wonderful massage chair that you can have a free try out for 15 minutes that did help a lot after hours of walking and standing...
On the way back, we took PATH at 33st to Newark (or Journal Square) and transfer at Grove station to WTC train just across platform, and one stop get off at Exchange Place stn and back to the hotel again.
Then we were all exhausted and fell into sleep till dinner time.
Before heading down to Vu Restaurant to have Thanksgiving dinner, the next door French lady told me that she and husband and 2 kids came from Paris, they visit NYC 4 times a year and take taxi from JFK to the hotel for $100. She was very excited that I told her she can take PATH train to ex WTC and transfer E train to Jameca and transfer Airtrain to JFK airport at much lower cost. They came with Salsa group and was heading out to a cruise dinner boarding right next to the hotel.
The Vu restaurant is wonderful as ususal, and I tried to invite the homeless near by to join us, but she refused, so I just pass $20 bill to share our joyful Thanksgiving...
Nice, with a few minor quibbles...from A TripAdvisor Member
1) Location. Jersey City is very run down but the hotel is tucked away right on the Hudson so it's no big deal. 20 second walk from the lobby to the PATH station; 4 minute ride to WTC, 30ish minute ride to 33rd street. PATH station stop locations and hotel proximity makes taking cabs a rarity if you're willing to do some walking. Beautiful nighttime view of Manhattan from the hotel.
2) Rooms. Very nice, modern rooms. Standard size rooms you'd find in most hotels, although more unusual for this area. Tasteful color scheme, furniture, bedding, etc. King bed was comfortable with a terrific down comforter. TV signal was great, may be digital. LCD display temp controls, spacious and well laid out bathroom with Portico products.
1) Sound. The soundproofing is absolutely nonexistent here. We had a next-door neighbor who got cell phone calls at all hours of the night, and heard the conversation so clearly I could have sworn he was in the same room. Room doors being shut at the other end of the hall (quite a ways from our room) could be heard every time. Part of the problem is the thin walls, the other is the crappy hotel trend of leaving a 3/4" gap between your door and the floor- it lets in all sound from the hall. Perhaps most surprising was no fan in the bathroom; made getting some white noise going to drown out the others impossible. Had NYC not wore me out every night I would have had a very hard time going to sleep each night.
2) Service. Spotty at best from my experience. Several folks were very nice and pleasant to speak with (mostly the front desk clerks) but a few gave off a bit too much of the 'NY attitude' too many times for no reason. Most surprising was being given terrible directions to the self-parking garage and procedure for getting the Hyatt overnight rate at that garage from a Hyatt valet. Bags took a full 30 minutes to reach the room (admittedly the hotel was very busy at that time).
3) Restaurant- Hyatt takes full advantage of the fact that they know full well their guests won't be venturing to Jersey City for breakfast, and many will be too hungry to wait to reach NYC- so the restaurant is priced accordingly. Pancakes for $15? Scant buffet for $18? Disappointing.
Overall I was pleased and when I come back to NYC I'll strongly consider the Hyatt. It is a nice 3* hotel that makes fitting in a lot of NYC (without a lot of the headache of staying in the city) possible. Be forewarned that it stays busy as it seems to be the hotel of choice of a lot of European and Asian tourists. Cheers
Excellent stayfrom JuneSmith_9
From the moment we arrived at the hotel we loved it - all of us! We were 5 to a room (to save money) but when we peeked in the suite next door we were very tempted to pay the extra and upgrade as the view and space was fabulous. However we restrained ourselves and contented ourselves with a lovely side view of Manhatten.
The restaurant was wonderful. The views could not be beaten The service and food was excellent. It was our sons 20th birthday and they gave him a very very discrete acknowledgement! The terrace was lovely at night and provided a nice stroll after dinner, again with panoramic views.
The location may seem like downside, being a bit of a journey from the centre of things, but the Path train is SO close and emerges in the crater of the World Trade centre (very sobering), that it is not a problem. We went to the NY yankees one night and travelled back by subway without a problem. A tour of the Statue of Liberty is also easier from this side of the river.
I could go on and on, but will finish by saying that we would definitely stay here again and as we looked around, felt like we had made an excellent choice.
Top notchfrom RegisToronto
Wonderful hotel---even better via priceline!from A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel's location, access to lower Manhattan is WONDERFUL. The PATH station, with direct next stop at the world trade center is steps from the hotel enterance. The room was great, no complaints, and the view!!!!!!
My only issue was the valet staff. I chose to self park, and since it up the block, I need to drop my dad (w/ wheelchair-oxygen) at the door. The valet staff, was less than happy with me unloading dad after I said I would self park. I spoke to the hotel staff, and was informed, that other complaints about the staff had been made, and when the company's contract expired, a new valet service would be contracted.
All and all a totally awesome hotel, and 2 rooms cost us $86 per nite.
Had a ball.from A TripAdvisor Member
The PATH station's right there and the water taxi's just down the pier.
The North rooms can see the Empire State and Midtown (and condos on the next pier). The South rooms have lower Manhattan, the Verrezano and a peek at the Statue. If you can swing a corner room, go for it!! Higher floors are best.
I hope to return someday.
Scores a Ten!from Northwesterners
From our 7th floor window we could look straight ahead and see the Empire State Building, or look down into the Hudson and see jellyfish floating in the water. How wonderful to know that the river is healthy enough to support sea life (it must be pretty salty, though!). There was a free live concert of a steel drum band on the adjacent pier on Thursday evening - how relaxing to open the windows and listen.
The staff were all pleasant and extremely helpful and welcoming.
Fantastic Hotel / Excellent Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Almost perfectfrom jjjjinTX
Top Local Tips for Jersey City
PATH It is easy to use PATH to NYC. There are many stations in Jersey City.
PATH train is great. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes on a train, but it does run less frequently during the weekends.
ferry if you are staying mon - fri - take the paulus hook ferry dock. great way to get to NYC
Other names for Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson Hotel
- jersey city hyatt
- hyatt regency jersey city
- hyatt regency hudson
- hyatt jersey city
- hyatt hudson
- Address: 2 Exchange Place - Jersey City - New Jersey - 7302 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Hotel Jersey City, New Jersey Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Doubletree Club Suites Jersey City Hotel Jersey City, New Jersey Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Jersey City, New Jersey Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel New York City New York City, New York Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Millenium Hilton Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Hotel Reserve New York City, New York Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Club Quarters Downtown Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- The Wall Street Inn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Gild Hall Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.3 km / 1.5 mi
- Soho Grand Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Exchange Hotel New York City New York City, New York Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Downtown Manhattan Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.7 km / 1.6 mi
- Best Western Seaport Inn Hotel New York City, New York Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi