Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, Las Vegas
Reviews - Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 466 additional reviews of Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Las Vegas
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Great Room, Great Price, Great Service!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good service and valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room was clean with a nice view of the falls. Parking is easy and there were a number of choices for meals. The only problem was that in the morning the hot water was just luke warm so it was a little cold taking a shower. Overall a good value.
Surprising compsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is very nice and the casino was decent. We found the staff to be very unfriendly though. We paid for a late check-out (3pm) and I was disturbed by 2 ladies from housekeeping from noon until we left.....even though we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.....they walked right on in. When we complained at the desk at checkout, they were very rude and made excuses and proceeded to charge us for the late check-out, $25 for 3 hours. But since, we have received offers of 2 free nights stay every month. We haven't had any offers from the hotel/casino in Henderson that we stayed at for 7 nights ....
and spent a lot more money at.
Loved the light show with the wolf!!from A TripAdvisor Member
s Townfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not much action from slots.
The buffet was the worst of six that was visited.
very poor selection and very poor quality of food.
Serving area and dining area were both very dirty.
s Town is awesome!from A TripAdvisor Member
The best little thing off the Stripfrom joePM
So while trying to hunt down a good deal we stumbled across Sam's Town.
What luck! This place far exceeded our expectations. For a very reasonable holiday-weekend rate ($125 Friday and Saturday, compared to $180 on the Strip), we got a clean, comfortable, newly decorated room, our pick of a dozen restaurants of various price ranges, and a damn good time at the friendly (albeit smallish) casino. A few things to keep in mind, though: first, the comps aren't as good there as they were in days past; .1% cash back is less than a third of what you'll get most places on the strip (less than a sixth if you're playing slots!). The video poker didn't seem to be as great as advertised, either; while there were TONS of machines, we didn't find any that appeared to be full-pay (in our limited experience). But the cocktail service was unusually attentive, so that almost made up for it--even with the tiny little servings they bring you. As others have said, the Atrium is a nice way to relax and escape from the bustle of the casino.
Sure, the crowd's a bit more, ah, seasoned than on the strip, but if you're looking to see and be seen you wouldn't consider Sam's Town anyway. For the rest of us, it's a one-stop location for gambling and relaxation. Oh, one more thing, though: Be warned that the shuttle to the strip takes a LONG time, and it doesn't run all that frequently.
Still, unless you're dying for the madness of the strip, you won't want to leave anyway.
Best secret In VEGAS!from A TripAdvisor Member
s Town Funfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Place off the Strip!from jungle
Top Local Tips for Las Vegas
Have a plan! Study the map! If you're going to Vegas, do some research! You need to know where all the restaurants, clubs, attractions, etc. are before getting down there or you might get caught out. There is soooo much calling out your name that if you don't stay focused, you'll spend too much time wandering, asking questions and not maximizing your time. My girlfriend and I did nearly everything we wanted to do in less than 48 hrs. because we had a plan.
Cheapest Rental Cars For Travellers From The UK The best and cheapest I have ever found is the airline network online who use Dollar, pre book and pay in the UK with the Platinum package and there really is nothing else to pay. I have never found it cheaper and believe me I have tried.
We enjoyed our self during our anniversary my tip is to have comment cards
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
- Motel 6 Boulder Highway Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Henderson, Nevada Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi
- Crestwood Suites Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Henderson, Nevada Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Sunset Station Hotel & Casino Henderson, Nevada Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Extended Stay America Midtown Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- El Cortez Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Henderson, Nevada Distance: 6.5 km / 4 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel Henderson, Nevada Distance: 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Homestead Studio Suites Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 7 km / 4.4 mi
- Best Western McCarran Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
- Embassy Suites Airport Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
- Hyatt Place Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- Terribles Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 8 km / 5 mi