Plaza Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
Reviews - Plaza Hotel and Casino
Read 344 additional reviews of Plaza Hotel and Casino at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Las Vegas
Historical Traveller Reviews of Plaza Hotel and Casino
Hated the Plazafrom TLCCin
The Smell was badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
90% thumbs upfrom A TripAdvisor Member
stinky roomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
fitzgeralds, california, and main street station are much better choices
Friends Married Herefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We were kept "well watered" in the casino. The wedding was first class, although brief. Ok, so it is a little shabby in places and we did have a leaky ice machine on our floor (24th), but I suppose the price reflects this. We had an excellent view of the Strip from our room (2430) in the South Tower. There is an excellent bus service the other end of Freemont Street. The #301 bus travels the length of the Strip.
For $5 you can buy a 24 hour ticket and get on and off as much as you like. Good value when a single journey is $2.
I would definitely stay here again. The Strip is a little too busy and "in your face" for me.
Great Place To Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
You get what you pay forfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not Great, Not Horrificfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Meaning it's been there for days and may still be there! Pretty gross, I must say. The second stay was worse, I was in the South Tower, once again, in 1035 and the room just smells of urine. As soon as I walked in there, I could smell it. It helped to turn up the AC, unfortunately, the maids would constantly turn it off if I was out of the room, which was all the time, so I'd come back to a smelly room everyday. The 8th floor maids put the AC on full blast so I'm not sure what the deal is there. The bed had a wooden frame/support so there was no way any strangers' socks would be found. Perhaps that explains why the maids didn't check under the beds on the first stay. Upon check out, I asked the woman (British accent?) a simple question : 'How do I get to the airport?' She hadn't a clue, and told me to go outside and ask! I suppose there should've been security outside but there wasn't. AND she didn't even bother giving me a receipt. The breakfast buffet isn't worth the money so unless you have a free voucher (which I had and think I have a leftover one if anyone wants - expires 8.28) don't bother. It's pretty gross if you really think about it, then again, so are most hotel breakfast buffets. It's a fine place to crash, it's worn, and it's luck of the draw on the rooms and people who are helpful and know their stuff. And be careful, the doors sometimes don't close and lock properly without a good, strong pull/push, and make sure the maids close them properly too!
Great trip thanks to the Plazafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very Nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Las Vegas
DONT DO GRAYLINE shuttle bus Grayline shuttle bus is one of at least three other shuttle busses at the airport that will get you to where ever your hotel is. Grayline is NOT more or less expensive, they just don 't have good customer at ALL! They didn't show up AFTER I CALLED like requested 24 hours in advance. After arguing with them on the phone they FINALLY showed up an hour late. Get the names of people you talk to and WRITE THEM DOWN! Shuttles cost for the downtown hotels, 8.00 per person from the airport and 15.00 round trip per person back TO the airport. If you are staying on the strip in Vegas, 12.00 Round trip per person (the prices may change, but all the shuttles at the airport are REAL close in price if not the same) You can ride the "deuce" a double decker bus up and down the strip all the way to Freemont street and probably further if you know what routes to take :) one way is 2.00 or for 24 hours unlimited 5.00 (pay the 5 bucks, give your feet a rest you WILL NEED IT! lol)
you get what you pay for spend the extra money and stay at the Golden Nugget. Everything was absolutly great at the Nugget, well worth what the price was. I will stay at the Nugget again and again, that is for sure!
Video Poker Avoid the "Jacks or Better" game on the machines at The Sportsbook Bar at The Plaza. It only pays 6/1 on a full house instead of 9/1. At a regular rate of play you would be out about 60 credits an hour.
Other names for Plaza Hotel and Casino
- plaza las vegas
- plaza hotel las vegas
- Address: Main Street - Las Vegas - Nevada - 89101 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Plaza Hotel and Casino
- Golden Gate Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada
- California Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Golden Nugget Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Fremont Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Four Queens Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Main Street Station Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Bridger Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Fitzgeralds Casino and Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Koala Motel & Apartments Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Downtowner Motel Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Best Western Main Street Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Best Western Parkview Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Stratosphere Casino Hotel and Tower Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Binions Horseshoe Casino and Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi