Golden Gate Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
Reviews - Golden Gate Hotel and Casino
Read 230 additional reviews of Golden Gate Hotel and Casino at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Las Vegas
Historical Traveller Reviews of Golden Gate Hotel and Casino
Great for travellers but not touristsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Little Downtown Gemfrom Tipsygrrl
The shrimp cocktails in the casino are great and it's wonderful entertainment to sit there and watch the piano player while you eat them. The gambling is good here, too.
i liked itfrom shot2pieces
loud and oldfrom MarkusWALTER
It was old and run down - our room in the first floor was so louf, that we couldn´t sleep. We heard the bar and the casino the whole night.
At check in, they told us that there are not enough non smoking rooms, so we have to take a smoking one - it was 4:00 pm??!!
Downtown is not the place for people that like to see Las Vegas, it is for senior citizens that like to gamble and be away from the busy strip. And this is the target group for this hotel.
Love nostolgicfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms small and very simple but cozy . Out side the doors you walk on to the "Freemont Experience" very easy to other casinos on the strip and the sights are all open under the canopy. Very clean and nice and everyone out there was enjoying and having fun . This is a nice casino (Golden Gate) and I do look forward to going back just to enjoy the sights away from the main strip.
What a disappointment!from digger
Decent for 1st time to Vegas...but read on...from A TripAdvisor Member
Very casual place... gambling was fun downstairs, and is perfect for the first-timer gambler (like myself!). Don't miss the famous 99 cent shrimp cocktails at the deli...great deal...the other food I would give 3 out of 5, and prices were average... You get MUCH better deals at the buffet at the hotels on the strip. I wish they had more employee help behind the counter at times... you can sometimes wait a LONG time just for a shrimp cocktail. I think the parking can be improved too.... it's a small lot next to the hotel, and it's supposed to be free...BUT they have "valet" service for insurance purposes. So even if you see your car right in front of you, you have to hand over your ticket and have the guy drive it for you and then tip him a dollar, which I thought was stupid. HOWEVER...a dollar for parking is perfectly fine on Fremont street....(**on the Strip, ALL HOTELS HAVE FREE SELF-PARKING) The location is average... you're right on the Fremont Street experience which is loads of fun and something to experience....but it is NOT within walking distance of the Strip. And you don't want to wander off Fremont Street because the surroundings have a bad reputation and is dangerous.
My recommendations: A family vacation--don't stay here....look into the Strip, or the Rio or Palms hotel. It is perfectly fine for a first-timer couple who is still iffy on spending alot on a room.... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND renting a car, it was a really good decision!!! (I used my BJs wholesale club and got a discount on an Avis car rental) I didn't have to worry about taking a bus or cab every day to the strip...AND...we got to drive to Lake Mead and Hoover Dam.... forget about the bus and helicopter tours... drive there yourself!
Las Vegas was awesome!!! I will go back next year, but I won't be staying at the Golden Gate. It was perfectly fine for the first-timer, but next year I'll consider something on the Strip itself.
Hope my review was helpful, and have lots of luck in Vegas!
Great place to gamblefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Absoulte crap!from wickedrebel619
drunk broke down our doorfrom fafafooey
Top Local Tips for Las Vegas
STAY DOWNTOWN FIND A HOTEL WITH A POOL ON THE ROOF THERE ARE MANY, PAY MORE MONEY IT WILL BE WORTH IT. HIDE IPODS,MONEY WHAT EVER THAT CAN BE TAKEN IN SIGHT. ENJOY DOWNTOWN IT IS VERY FUN AT NIGHT.
old but a great day there definatly worth a visit for a few hours.
The Golden Gate Great place to stay--great value, great food and perfect location on Freemont St.
Other names for Golden Gate Hotel and Casino
- golden gate las vegas
- golden gate hotel
- Address: 1 Fremont Street - Las Vegas - Nevada - 89101 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Golden Gate Hotel and Casino
- Nevada Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Golden Nugget Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- California Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Four Queens Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Fremont Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Bridger Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Fitzgeralds Casino and Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Main Street Station Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Koala Motel & Apartments Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Downtowner Motel Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Main Street Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Best Western Parkview Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Stratosphere Casino Hotel and Tower Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Binions Horseshoe Casino and Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi