Fairfield Grand Desert Resort Hotel, Las Vegas
Reviews - Fairfield Grand Desert Resort Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Las Vegas
Historical Traveller Reviews of Fairfield Grand Desert Resort Hotel
NOT the best staff over-allfrom A TripAdvisor Member
- When checking in, the concierage ignored us and continued to stand in a group and chat amongst themselves. We finally found our own luggage cart - then one of them came over to help after we had most everything loaded. We told him thanks, but we had it all loaded already - he was 'very rude' and walked away.
- THE WORST experience was at breakfast in the little cafe by the pool. The staff behind the counter taking orders were very unorganized, VERY RUDE, mixed up orders. All the unused tables were 'dirty'. We asked if someone could clean one up for us and her sarcastic and very unprofessional response was, "WE ARE VERY BUSY AND ONLY HAVE SO MUCH HELP".
- The staff behind the check-in desk was also very rude and unfriendly - at least a smile would help! They were also not helpful on giving information.
- The sales staff was "VERY" friendly and personable - they were trying to sell something.
On the whole, the Grand Desert is a beautiful resort. Our rooms were very nice with everything we needed. The kitchen well equipped. The pools are beautiful. But in the most important aspect, staff and service, they are lacking.
Horrible Mean Stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
t have been better!from A TripAdvisor Member
Should have stayed at motel 6~Rude and NO HOT WATER!!from A TripAdvisor Member
We had no hot water in our room. I called front desk to let them know. We took cold showers that day. Second day there was still no hot water, when I calle dto complain again the "Manager" was very rude, kept speaking over me and did not even apologize. She said it was my fault for not calling them back again to let them know. They did not even have anyone to come up to check. I would never stay at this resort again. We would have done better at motel 6. They say customer service is important to them but in no way did they show this during our stay.
Enjoyed the guest activities!from miztravel
The best place in Vegas to relax and have some peace and quietfrom madisondrew
Very nice property and friendly staff!from majsaj
A Real Findfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Many, many activities: Free popcorn/soda/beer nite at bar; DJ and blowup jumphouse at poolside afternoon; shuttle to Fremont street; free Gameboy lent to my 8-year old for stay); etc.
Two large, nice pools. These were actually 4-5 feet deep! (If you talk to the casino hotels with the beautiful winding streams, "swim up" bars, landscaped-islands-in-the-middle pools, you will find that in LV almost all pools are only three feet deep! I don't know where they got that idea, but I personnally like to have the water at least reach above my waist when swimming or playing with my kids.)
Staff was top rate. My phone requests resulted in a knock at the door almost before I hung up the phone. Although this was a much-toured timeshare facility, at no time did anyone even remotely suggest we listen to a presentation. Oh, yeah, did I mention the view - 15th floor looking out at the Strip. I'll look for this place again next time in Las Vegas.
Gorgeous!!! LOVED IT..from A TripAdvisor Member
Vacation a Handicappedfrom lindapb
Top Local Tips for Las Vegas
Purchase a tram pass. We found it really beneficial and fun to take the tram to all the other casiinos. The tram stops at various points along the strip allowing you to checkout all the casions without having to pay for taxis and walk for miles. It also takes you down to The Las Vegas Convention Center, and the Straosphere which is located quite a ways off the central area of the strip among other stops along the way. It is also quite fun to ride on it and it is very clean and safe. It runs every 6 minutes. There are also several packages available to purchase your tickets. You can buy 3 day all access passes, one day all access pass, to simple ride passes to your destination. We purchased our tram passes at the vending machine that sits next to where you board and get off the trams themselves. They are very convienent and very easy to use. The cost of our unlimited ride pass for one day was ten dollars. I wish we would have learned about this at the beginning of our stay.
Attractions.... Hoover Dam is good....head out towards Boulder City and eat breafast at the Coffee Cup Cafe. After the Hoover Dam head to the Valley of Fire and take a few short hikes along the way. Another day head out to Rhyolite, an old ghost town...on the way eat Breakfast at the Ensanada Grill.....then if you have the time and don't mind, go on to Death Valley...eat dinner at the Crowbar cafe..... while in Vegas you have tons of stuff to do on the stip. Go to the Voodoo lounge at the top of the Rio, and look at the sights from the 52nd floor.....another night have dinner at a WONDERFUL place called the Artisan Hotel, the ambiance there is worth the dinner and it isn't far from the strip. Some shows.....Mac King afternoon magic show, "O" at the Bellagio (we were next to last row from the top and it was still fantastic, for the adventurous...a raw and uncensored hypnotist show in Paris called Anthony Cools (absolutely NO children!!!!!) you will laugh yourself silly..
Stay off the strip not on it! Its better to stay right by the strip than to stay on it if you want to get any rest whatsoever. The traffic and noise on the strip is too much.
Other names for Fairfield Grand Desert Resort Hotel
- wyndham las vegas
- wyndham hotel las vegas
- wyndham grand desert
- las vegas wyndham
- grand desert resort las vegas
- grand desert resort
- grand desert las vegas
- grand desert
- fairfield resort las vegas
- fairfield las vegas grand desert
- fairfield grand desert resort las vegas
- fairfield grand desert
- Address: 265 E Harmon Ave - Las Vegas - Nevada - 89109 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Fairfield Grand Desert Resort Hotel
- Alexis Resort and Villas Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- JetLiving Hotels at Signature Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Tuscany Suites and Casino Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Carriage Houe Deluxe Suite Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Las Vegas Platinum Hotel Suites Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Marriott Grand Chateau Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Quality Inn Key Largo Casino Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hyatt Place Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Paris Las Vegas Resort & Casino Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Westin Casuarina Hotel and Spa Las Vegas Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Terribles Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi