Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa Hotel, Henderson
Reviews - Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Henderson
Historical Traveller Reviews of Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa Hotel
Wonderful Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I was suppossed to have a std single, nonsmoking room. When I checked in, they upgraded me for free to an executive suite that was loaded. The beds are sooo comfortable, even more so than in my own home. Down comforters are on every bed. The grounds are beautiful, despite the fact there is construction going on.
The pool is nice, the food is great and there are plenty of places to choose from. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport and well as to and from the strip. The only thing about that is that it is not a 24 hour service and we ended up having to take a taxi a couple of times because the shuttle had stopped running.
All of the workers were extremely friendly, the maids did a wonderful job (twice a day). They even turned your bed down at night while you were out. What neat place. I would definitely stay there again.
t tell your friends!from A TripAdvisor Member
pitiful action, no service, go somewhere elsefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Warning: Construction at the hotel through December 2004from Rheab
However -- and this is a big however -- there is major construction going on all around the hotel - Green Valley is expanding so there is earth-moving equipment, concrete blocks and hard-hatted workers pretty much everywhere you look. The view from the pool is spoiled by a 4-5 story concrete half-built structure, and the construction noise is fairly high. Also, my fiance and I were woken up at 6:45 AM by protestors just outside the hotel - a man with a bullhorn was shouting, "Gooood Moooorning! Two, Four, Six, Eight, we don't want to pay the rate!", or something like that. Then he would press the alarm on the bullhorn. Very very annoying! Because the protestors were just outside of the hotel's boundaries, management couldn't tell them to leave. I'm not sure what they were protesting about.
So ... I do not plan to stay at Green Valley Ranch until at least January of 2005. If it weren't for the construction, I would give my review five stars. There were a number of irate guests who did not know of the construction going on - so don't make the same mistake we did. Also, it's unfortunate that the hotel's website nor the major travel websites such as Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity advertise clearly that construction is going on at the hotel.
Service,Service,Service..........from A TripAdvisor Member
All the restaurants were great, food and service. Cocktail service in the casino unbelievable. Casino staff fantastic and always there.
Housekeeping services the rooms 3 times a day. Once in morning and 2 turn down services, midday and evening. Everyone in this resort is attentive to your needs and desires. We even made many friends with the local casino patrons, and they say this is the place to play and have a great time. They are right, we had a great time and hit some nice size jackpots too. What a way to top off a great time. Special thanks to Matt S. He knows how to run a casino and treat his guests and staff.
Thanks to Rosemary in the high limit room and Dominick who was always there.
The Best!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
35th anniversary at the Green Valley Resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful Experience!!from A TripAdvisor Member
The pools and cabana were very nice too. I needed to go to the bank to make a transaction, and the concierge had one of the bellmen drive me to my bank, I offered him a tip, and he refused. I consider this above average service, and excellant hospitality, and it will be remembered when we make our tavel plans again! This hotel has a country atmosphere like staying in a European Villa . Its out of the way, and off the busy strip. Its a nice change from the Strip. We will definitley stay here again!
25th anniversary tripfrom mayberry1
20th Anniversary Tripfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Henderson
get a car driving into the strip is easier than taxis and most places valet park for free.
Go to the district There are several excellent restuarants in the district adjacent to the hotel. Lucille's Cajun food, King's seafood, an upscale chinese (Yunnan) restaurant. Prices seem very moderate (similar to what you would pay in any other city) as opposed to the 'bragging prices' in the better restaurants on the strip.
GVR can't cook food Eat at a mcdonalds. Save yourself the food poisoning
Other names for Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa Hotel
- green valley resort
- green valley hotel
- Address: 2300 Paseo Verde - Henderson - Nevada - 89052 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Henderson, Nevada Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Henderson, Nevada Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel Henderson, Nevada Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Henderson, Nevada Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Doubletree Club Las Vegas Airport Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Sunset Station Hotel & Casino Henderson, Nevada Distance: 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
- Emerald Suites Las Vegas Boulevard Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
- Cancun Resort Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- The Grandview At Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 8.1 km / 5.1 mi
- Crestwood Suites Boulevard Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Silverton Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 9.2 km / 5.7 mi
- Fiesta Henderson Hotel Casino Henderson, Nevada Distance: 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
- Best Western McCarran Inn Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 10.5 km / 6.5 mi
- Crestwood Suites Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada Distance: 11 km / 6.8 mi