The Westin Crown Center Hotel, Kansas City
Reviews - The Westin Crown Center Hotel
Read 408 additional reviews of The Westin Crown Center Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Kansas City
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Westin Crown Center Hotel
Money stolen from roomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Sometime prior to June 19 someone entered our room and stole $450 in cash from my carry-on bag. This money was in a hidden pocket in the back of the bag. I have carried this bag for over 20 years with no problem.
The hotel has been totally irresponsible in their treatment of this situation.
No one has ever contacted us nor has anyone ever put fourth any effort to help us with this theft. We only had $52 in cash remaining when we left Kansas for our 2000 mile trip back home.
If you choose to stay in the Westin be very careful with your possessions. And, most of all, realize that if you do have a problem management there won't be of ANY help.
Beware of hidden chargesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
t Care!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Westin, however, is a great value. The rooms have always been clean, the "Heavenly beds" are a nice break from the typical KC hotel decor, and the bathrooms are pleasing, with the marble countertops/good lighting. Nothing too posh, but definitely a steal compared to other hotels in the area, and cleaner/more quiet as well. If you go to Priceline or Hotwire and choose 4-star hotel in Crown Plaza area, you'll either get the Westin or the Hyatt, and often at rates of $50-$80 per night. Also, AAA members can get great rates just by calling the hotel presenting your AAA card at check-in.
Be prepared to be nickle & dimed on parking fees if you drive, though. Add $10-$15 per night just to park your car there plus tips for the valet. Same with the Hyatt.
s been better, but it is still very good.from A TripAdvisor Member
Ignore the complainers, this place is wonderful for KC!from A TripAdvisor Member
Loved it!from A TripAdvisor Member
The kids at reunion where running around uncontrolled. But that was it.
Other wise it is great
Nice Location, Nice Viewfrom Wikiwiki
The Hyatt looked far away from the Crown Center (via a long above ground tube). Our room overlooked the train station and if you have small children, as we do, they were capitvated by the trains going past in the distance (yes, you can hear them throughout the night - the Hyatt, too). The view was very nice and the interior colors were dark and soothing. There is a tiny balcony and sliding glass door for fresh air. The bed was very hard for a "heavenly" bed, in fact one of the hardest beds I've ever slept on. Room service food was delicious - they even used unusual veggies like broccoli rabe, but the menu was a bit limited. The Westin is connected directly to the mall with the Crayola Cafe a very short walk away for little ones (1 and 3 years). The Crayola store and a nice toy store are there, too. Many restaurants are just outside the entrance. I'll stay there again, hoping for a softer bed.
Disappointed in Kansas City...from A TripAdvisor Member
Greatfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The only complaint, was when we valet parked our car, they adjusted everything and had the CD player on, so not sure what was going on there. But overall, we would stay there again.
Top Local Tips for Kansas City
eats and entertainment attached to crown center with many restaurants and live theater Try buffet in hotel cost $12.99 for salad soup, main course(chicken,prime rib, fish, pasta) and great dessert, chocolate chocolate.
Staying at Crown Center? Eat at Union Station Had dinner at the Union Station restaurant Pierpoints. Their martini menu is thick as a book, and the food is really good. And surprising affordable for an upscale place. Also walked back over to the Union Station diner for breakfast--equally good; strong coffee, good eggs, no nonsense place to spread out for a business breakfast.
BBQ The biggest debate in KC is which barbeque to eat. The main choices are Arthur Bryant's, Gates, L-C's. After asking the locals we went to Arthur Bryants. The ribs were OK, a little dry. But the burnt end open sandwich (yes, its called a burnt end) was terrific and I highly recommend it. Order a pitcher of beer and it will come in a chilled pitcher and mug. Just perfect together.
Other names for The Westin Crown Center Hotel
- westin kansas city
- westin crown center
- kansas city westin
- Address: One Pershing Rd - Kansas City - Missouri - 64108 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Westin Crown Center Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Crown Center Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Union Hill Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Kansas City Centre Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Marriott Kansas City Downtown Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Best Western Inn & Conference Center Hotel Kansas City, Kansas Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- The Quarterage Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Westport Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Embassy Suites Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Best Western Seville Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Marriott Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Holiday Inn at the Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Country Club Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi