Southmoreland on the Plaza Hotel, Kansas City
Reviews - Southmoreland on the Plaza Hotel
Read 63 additional reviews of Southmoreland on the Plaza Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Kansas City
Top Local Tips for Kansas City
Don't Stay Here I do not recommend this place! The owner of this business is arrogant and selfish, and does not care about his own customers. I am in the service and my wife and I wanted a romantic place to stay in celebration of our 2nd anniversary and because I am about to deploy to Iraq for 15 mos. We wanted a place that would give us pleasant memories of our time together while we stayed in Kansas City. Instead, what we got were bitter memories and a sore pocket book! Here's what happened: I reserved a room for a Friday night and we arrived at approximately 8:00 pm. When we got there, we were told by the owner that we could not stay (we have an infant about 2.5 mos. old) because of a "fire code" prohibiting more than two persons in the room. We objected to this, of course, because we were not told of this when we reserved the room. The owner then offered another room for us to stay (at full rate - over $150!) in addition to the one that we already reserved. The owner said one of us would have to stay in one room and the other with the baby in the other room - if we wanted. What kind of a choice is this? Pay for two rooms at full price and not spend our anniversary evening together? We disgustedly declined his offer. Then he said since you cancelled the day the reservation has been made you will be charged for the full rate. We did not cancel, we were denied the room we reserved and planned to stay in. I insisted that he refund our money for the one room that we reserved. The owner looked at us and said, "NO, I will not refund your money." Normally, we wouldn't reserve a room with an infant, but our baby is very well behaved and my wife is breastfeeding. One last note, there also appeared to be a distasteful odor within the business, an odor that reminds me of overcooked sauerkraut!
World War I Museum The new WWI Museum in KC (by Union Station and Crown Center) is very interesting, and has a lot of artifacts. The museum is set up logically, and is well laid out with practical time lines. Any history buff would love to spend an afternoon here.
Hotels Near Southmoreland on the Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn at the Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Marriott Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Country Club Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Best Western Seville Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Raphael Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- InterContinental at the Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Embassy Suites Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Sheraton Suites Plaza Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Quarterage Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Westport Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Union Hill Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Best Western Inn & Conference Center Hotel Kansas City, Kansas Distance: 3 km / 1.8 mi
- The Westin Crown Center Hotel Kansas City, Missouri Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi