Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel
Reviews - Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel
Read 216 additional reviews of Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Quincy
Historical Traveller Reviews of Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel
t mind being out of Bostonfrom EwokCrazyLegs
The hotel was very clean, quite grand looking and friendly staff. There was a a la carte restaurant, a restaurant in the bar (served lovely steaks) and if you wanted to grab some breakfast in a hurry, there was a Starbucks. There were also fresh warm cookies in reception as you came in of an evening which was great. There is also a gift shop within the hotel with holiday gifts, maps, cigarettes and snacks.
The rooms were very spacious, clean and the bathroom was of a good standard.
There is a swimming pool and gym area too which was nice and there was a jacuzzi.
There were a few cons too though- I can see that this hotel is ideal for business travellers as it is out of town, but when on vacation, it was a little bit too remote, next to the motorway (not noisy at all by the way) and there was nowhere to walk or sunbathe if the weather was nice. You have to get in the car to go anywhere.
Somewhere I must recommend is Boston Harbour to go to in the evening for dinner- it is a lovely harbour with loads of restaurants and bars and at sunset you get a great view of the sunset and Boston skyline. There is also an outdoor nightclub there.
It was a good base to stay at in order to get to the various areas around Boston area, such as Cape Cod and Plymouth rock and you have to remember that you pay more to stay in the centre of Boston so you have to weigh up the pros and cons.
Mixed Feelingsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Boston Weekend at Quincyfrom msk50
Very good value if you do not mind staying outside of Boston.
Nice Marriott propertyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I try to stay exclusively Marriott (to get Rewards points) so we got bumped to Concierge level during our 3 night stay.
Room was typically pleasant Marriott, comfortable, quiet. Bathroom was nice and roomy (may be different on non-Concierge floor). $9/day internet was expected, but still is a rip-off, particularly for non-wireless.
Gym facility was excellent. Free weights, machines, elipticals. Seems Marriott is upgrading from the old 1970's era "gyms" in many properties. Pool was nice when empty of kids/families.
Staff was great; friendly and helpful.
There was a convention of Narcotics Anonymous members at the hotel the same weekend. It was a loud, boisterous group and we didn't receive any prior notice they were there the same weekend; it was a strain on the facility, but the staff really kept on top of the little things despite the throng.
Definate recommend, but it's not a Boston hotel. The ride on the T is still a bit long and you have to drive to the station in the winter/at night.
Great experience!from mafisc
Fine Hotel but NOT in Bostonfrom johndeff
The Hotel is around 1.5 miles from the train but they are helpful and will collect you and your luggage if you give them a call.
The Quincy itsely is a fine hotel a bit remote unless you have a car.
Room are comfortable although not much of a view from the back of the hotel bar the Motorway.
GYM and Pool look nice but never got to try them out.
Staff in general looked a bit disinterested and never over helpful.
Bar in the Hotel was very dissapointing..........NOT AN IRISH BAR.Staff in the bar were very over worked with one waitress (stressed out) overseeing the entire bar.No atmosphere bar the draft from the back door.
PS the food in the bar was very good.
General impression needs a car and a reliable shuttle service too and from the train.
Too remote even to see quincy unless you have a car or a shuttle.
Nice place to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful hotel, need a carfrom travelerer
Lovely hotel but too far from Bostonfrom sarach
The biggest downside of my stay and the reason why I would not recommend this hotel to those wanting to sightsee Boston is that it is a 20 minute walk to the subway staion on rather secluded quiet roads. As a single traveller I took taxis at night time and It cost at least $5 including a tip for a trip to the station which is about 3/4 of a mile away.
nice, but out of the wayfrom andrewindiana
Top Local Tips for Quincy
T train Buy the pass at airport kiosk. Don't need to rent a car. Save the money and enjoy the "clam chowda"
A Day at Quincy Try going on a trolley. It was really amazing. Also, go into Boston! Try a whale watch. Something you have to do in your life! Whales are amazing up close, and I didnt even get sea sick!
boarding passes There is a dedicated computer in the business center that is dedicated to printing out your boarding passes. Saves so much time at the airport!
Other names for Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel
- quincy marriott
- marriott quincy
- Address: 1000 Marriott Dr. - Quincy - Massachusetts - 2169 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Braintree, Massachusetts Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Candlewood Suites Hotel Braintree, Massachusetts Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Boston Randolph Hotel Randolph, Massachusetts Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Comfort Inn Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 7.5 km / 4.6 mi
- Courtyard Stoughton Hotel Stoughton, Massachusetts Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Doubletree Club Hotel Boston Bayside Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 10.4 km / 6.5 mi
- Courtyard Boston-South Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 11.3 km / 7 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 11.3 km / 7.1 mi
- Best Western Roundhouse Suites Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 12.2 km / 7.6 mi
- Hampton Suites Boston Crosstown Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 12.4 km / 7.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Hotel (Boston South) Rockland, Massachusetts Distance: 12.4 km / 7.7 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel Rockland, Massachusetts Distance: 12.2 km / 7.6 mi
- Hilton Boston Dedham Hotel Dedham, Massachusetts Distance: 13.1 km / 8.2 mi
- The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 13.2 km / 8.2 mi
- Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 13.4 km / 8.3 mi