Hyatt Regency Cambridge Hotel
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Cambridge Hotel
Read 500 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Cambridge Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Cambridge
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Cambridge Hotel
The place to stay!from A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was friendly, and extremely helpful. The location may be a little furthur away from some spots, but the view totally makes up for it. When we did want to go into the city and Harvard Square, we just requested the shuttle the night before and got there no problem. We then called from Harvard Square and they came and picked us up.
Overall I am overly pleased with our stay. It was the ultimate romantic spot for my husband and I on our anniversary, and we will definitely book again next year.
What happened to this hotel!?from Ms.Me2
Previous stay (years ago) was fabulous. Now? Yuck. Housekeeping did not clean my room properly for the $$$ paid per night, the shuttle is a JOKE (the front desk had to reimburse my taxi fare from the Galleria), and yes the staff seemed to be used to large weddings/typical functions (coffee?tea?). Special needs were a small problem.....
Nice staff, but terrible locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I found it outrageously expensive! Postage stamps from the gift shop were $1.25 for (2) .37 cent stamps, .75 cents for (2) .23 cent stamps. House salad at one of only 2 restaurants in the hotel was $9.00!!! If you ordered room service it was $9.00 for the salad, 18% gratuity and a 3.00 delivery charge, plus tax.
EVERYTHING is at least 8 blocks away. It is 2 buses or a $7.00 cab ride to the Cambridge Galleria Mall.
Room was nice, but cleaning staff were not consistent.
Nice and clean hotel, but wait! Liar!!!from techtwo
No more Hyatt cambridge!!!
Hyatt, a nice place to stayfrom momof2kids319
Great View!from selfant
The hotel is showing signs of aging, but it does have Glass Elevators in lobby, and a lot of open space, nice health center, and they host great luncheons during Mothers Day, Christmas, Easter....etc. The rooms are very average. I would not pay $150-#175 for a room, which is what they are charging normally, but try to find this hotel on discount, or negotiate with them. It is well worth at $100-125 of your money.
All sorts of public transportation is at least a 20 min walk away.
IF YOU WANT TO PARK YOUR CAR, the hotel will charge you a fee (seasonal) , park it behind the hotel on the street, there is free parking there along the street. No one will tow your car....locals only info.... :-)
Dont dine in the restaraunt on daily basis, the food is not superb, rather, have something delivered from Bertuccis. Its an italian caterer. Very good, and reasonable in prices.
Very nice hotelfrom MeredithS
Old Decrepit Propertyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridgefrom cate0508
Just averagefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The location is okay ... 15-20 minutes waking distance to the Boston College Central T station on the green line. There aren't any restaurants, convenience stores, or coffee shops within short walking distance, so you're stuck paying the high prices for food/beverage in the hotel restaurant.
Bottom line ... if you get a good deal, then go for it, as it's not far from most attractions. However, if the rate is not great, pay a little more and stay in Boston.
Top Local Tips for Cambridge
MIT Restaurants The Stratton Student Centre (on Massachusetts Ave across from the MIT "main" building) has an excellent Mexican food outlet (Anna's Taquiria) on the main floor, and a food court with Thai, Indian and Japanese fast food on the second floor. Good cheap alternatives for those on a budget.
T Fares Bring your dollar bills, as many T stations are freestanding. You'll need two one dollar bills to pay your one-way fare.
Red Sox Tickets If you have the stamina, you can wait in line beginning 4 hours or so before the game for the opportunity to buy tickets at face value, sold by the park. These are tickets season holders have returned for resale. Vouchers are given , one to a person, and you must physically get in line to get one. We arrived at 4pm for a night game and got in about 8pm. It was hot and frustrating, but the only way we were going to get a ticket...paid $27 for decent grandstand seats per person. We did miss two innings because they ran out of tickets and had to wait another hour for management to get more. I don't understand how they do it....but this is an alternative to scalpers, stubhub or ebay for tought to get Red Sox tickets....Bring water and a book for your wait...
Other names for Hyatt Regency Cambridge Hotel
- hyatt cambridge
- cambridge hyatt regency
- cambridge hyatt
- Address: 575 Memorial Drive - Cambridge - Massachusetts - 02139 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Cambridge Hotel
- Boston Hotel Buckminster Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Commonwealth Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Le Meridien Cambridge Hotel Cambridge, Massachusetts Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Cambridge Hotel Cambridge, Massachusetts Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Doubletree Guest Suites Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Howard Johnson Fenway Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Eliot Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Boston Brookline Hotel Brookline, Massachusetts Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Best Western Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Kendall Hotel Cambridge, Massachusetts Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Residence Inn Boston Cambridge Hotel Cambridge, Massachusetts Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Hilton Boston Back Bay Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Boston Marriott Cambridge Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Newbury Guesthouse Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Sheraton Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi