Seaport Hotel, Boston
Reviews - Seaport Hotel
- Age Group: Under 18
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 632 additional reviews of Seaport Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Boston
Historical Traveller Reviews of Seaport Hotel
First Class Hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent Hotelfrom kbrown4015
Best in Bostonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Upon my arrival at 11pm, the staff were friendly and efficient. A porter helped us with our luggage which was particularly appreciated because of the 'no tipping' policy! The room was spacious and attractively furnished with two double beds. I also ordered room service at midnight and not only was the lobster club sandwich delicious, but the chef himself brought it to my room and was very courteous.
The restaurant was exceptional; I had the buffet breakfast there every morning and the quality of both food and service was excellent.
The view from the room overlooked the harbour and was particularly pretty at night despite the persistent rain!
As a first-time visitor to Boston, I used the Trolley Car Tours to navigate my way around for the first two days, which was convenient as it stopped right outside the hotel. To get to the more central area of Boston a taxi is required, but the hotel location was very peaceful.
The concierge was very helpful in booking tickets to the Boston Pops (a must!), and the doorman will assist you into one of the many taxis waiting outside.
A stay at the Seaport is memorable, friendly and great value for money!
Has Potential, but Overratedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My Experience at the Seaport Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
In conclusion, the only possibility of our returning to your hotel for dinner or cocktails would be for the honesty of your staff. I am a South Bostonian, your neighbor, and I will pass this info "buyer beware" to my friends from South Boston and surrounding areas.
Bev Cormier Ritz
Great Stay At Lovely Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very Averagefrom jjags
We were some what disappointed although the hotel did have some good features. I will list the pros and cons:
Room- average but sound proofing was poor. Hotel was very noisy and we were awoken several times during the night from teens in the hall and other rooms (slamming doors/in and out etc). Room was starting to show wear and tear.
Amenities in bathroom such as robe and tolietries were nice quality.
Front desk nice- Clerk gave us a corner room with a nice view of the harbor. The public areas are nice and modern.
Pool/gym- nice but small. Looks they are upgrading the area.
Location- poor. hard to get around city from this location. Think public transportation will be serving the area soon but it was tough when we were there. would not have been bad in nice weather- but not nice walk to nearest T (10-15 minutes) in cool damp weather. After paying $25 for parking you do not want to to pay to park all over the city- would have been nice to be closer to the T or have some sort of bus service (which in May did not run on the weekends)
The one advantage I see for location is if you are going in the warm weather with kids. The walk to the Childrens museum and aquarium would not be bad and the hotel seems to cater to these type trips.
Overall like I said the hotel is not bad but just very average. I travel a lot for business and stay at many hotels up and down the east coast each year. I was expecting more. Next time we go into Boston for a get away weekend I would try another hotel before going back.
Great hotel in an excellent locationfrom Chuzz
Loved the Seaportfrom CRDFletcher_NC
Seaport Hotel....from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Boston
Subways are easy to navigate Trains are frequent and the subway system is easy to navigate. You can find subway maps almost anywhere, such as at your hotel or at one of the many information booths in the center of town. At the time if this writing, single use tickets are $2.00 per person.
My favorite city in the U.S. Boston is a walking city with an excellent subway system. It is best experienced this way. Alot of history, museums, shopping and fine dining.
Great History Here Take advantage of all of the colonial era sights in the Boston area. They are fascinating.
Other names for Seaport Hotel
- seaport hotel boston
- boston seaport hotel
- Address: Seaport Lane - Boston - Massachusetts - 02210 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Seaport Hotel
- Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Boston Harbor Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- InterContinental Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Langham Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Hilton Boston Financial Center Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Boston Marriott Long Wharf Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Harborside Inn Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Club Quarters Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Knutsford Court Hotel Kingston, Jamaica Distance: 2767.3 km / 1719.5 mi
- Hyatt Harborside Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Ames - A Morgans Original Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Millennium Bostonian Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Boston Omni Parker House Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi