Newbury Guesthouse Hotel, Boston
Reviews - Newbury Guesthouse Hotel
Read 200 additional reviews of Newbury Guesthouse Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Boston
Historical Traveller Reviews of Newbury Guesthouse Hotel
t let the Bed Bugs bite!from peapod
In the morning, I showed my arms to an indifferent desk clerk. We called the management and met with a flat denial that there were bed bugs in the room. OK-I'm not a bug expert, but there was something in the room feasting on me and the bite patterns fit, so I assumed. No money back, no discount, no apology, no way.
The bites took at least 3 weeks to completely heal, I still have a few small scars and I would caution anyone considering staying at this "charming" hotel.
Great for touristsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We even walked back from Cambridge/Harvard to the Newbury in glorious weather alongside the riverbank in about an hour.
Delightful Hotel in a Great Locationfrom Spirit
Breakfast included bacon and scrambled eggs, bread, bagels, muffins, cereals, fruit, coffee and tea, and newspapers in the breakfast room
The hotel is on fashionable Newbury Street in Back Bay, a great location with a number of good restaurants along the street.
We were delighted with this hotel, and would try to stay there again.
This is not the place for people who prefer modern, high rise, steel and glass hotels.
Will go back!from Hokiemom
The Sauna in room 205from prischall
Next problem, was that we needed breakfast at 6:30 as we had to leave for orientation at Northeastern Univ. We were told the night prior that we couldn't have breakfast until 7:30 and we couldn't get a bagel or muffin or anything. Some one was in the kitchen at 6:30 and she did find us a bagel.
We dreaded coming back to our room to go to sleep and fortunately the air was fixed. I wrote a letter to the management and asked for a free night due to our horrible experience and never received a reply.
We will return as other than the air problem, it was great. We will never return during a heat wave that is for sure.
Breakfast was nice on the 2nd day and the kitchen staff was most cordial.
s Infernofrom A TripAdvisor Member
Next night -- same thing. We woke up at 4am in a pool of sweat. Called management again to have the air turned on AGAIN. Keep in mind there are no screens on the windows (and lots of bugs outside) or fans in the room, so without working air conditioning you either sweat or get bitten.
We complained about this to the front desk the morning we checked out and were not given any explanation as to why they deliberately lied to us the day before. No apology, no "sorry, we will fix it in the future but we hope you come back", etc. Awful customer service.
Watch your credit card!from A TripAdvisor Member
The guest made a reservation, and did not cancel. Thus, according to a standard cancellation policy, the guest was charged.
Newbury Guest House: Excellent valuefrom PeterMEdinburgh
Great hotelfrom KateStewart
Would recommend this place to everyone. Nice hotel, great location and very reasonably priced.
B on Newbury Street in the Back Bay Areafrom jance
Needless to say, we most likely will not stay there again when we return to Boston. The room itself was quite nice; however, I don't like to perspire while I'm getting ready to go out for the evening. If I wanted to camp, that's what I would have done.
My advice to anyone is to stay away from Room 311 - no air conditioning in the summer and I would guess no heat in the winter since no air was coming out of the register.
Top Local Tips for Boston
Irritating photography policy at Isabella Gardner Stewart museum At the Isabella Gardner Stewart Museum one is not allowed to take pictures of ANYTHING, not even the courtyard, which is VERY irritating. I was there and have now no picture memory of it because of this. Not only that but I was more than once told not to make pictures even though the camera was in my pocket! How stupid can it get? Most museums allow no-flash photography which is fair, as I usually make a picture or two of the entrance area just to remember later where I was. Not here though. For me, this was the most overrated experience of my trip to Boston.
Great View For the best view of Boston, go to the Top of the Hub for drinks or a meal. It is located on the 52nd floor of the Prudential Center.
7 day link ticket - excellent value Buy a 7 day link ticket at a T station (under 'passes'). $15 gets you unlimited travel on the T, buses and inner harbour ferries (useful to get to Charlestown to see the USS Constitution).
Other names for Newbury Guesthouse Hotel
- newbury guest house boston
- newbury guest house
- newbury bed and breakfast
- Address: 261 Newbury Street - Boston - Massachusetts - 02116 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Newbury Guesthouse Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Lenox Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Boston Back Bay Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Courtyard Boston Copley Square Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Sheraton Boston Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Charlesmark Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Colonnade Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Eliot Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Copley Square Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin Copley Place Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Copley House Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- John Hancock Hotel & Conference Center Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Midtown Hotel Boston, Massachusetts Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi