Peabody Court a Clarion Hotel, Baltimore
Reviews - Peabody Court a Clarion Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 59 additional reviews of Peabody Court a Clarion Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Baltimore
Historical Traveller Reviews of Peabody Court a Clarion Hotel
Nice hotel, quite a ways from Inner Harborfrom LAXbound
The room I had was very large, with a high ceiling and nice old-fashioned details. It had a jacuzzi tub in the marble bathroom. I never did figure out the heat/cooling - it was always much warmer in the bathroom than in the rest of the room. There was free wireless, a nice plus. There was a large closet and built-in shelves, and a refrigerator too. The bed was comfy and the linens were nice. The staff seemed fine, but I didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary.
This hotel has a lot more character than the Sheraton/Radisson/Hyatt types, and I paid less than those rates. However, the location is a drag. It's a tradeoff.
Adequate, well-locatedfrom janewinebox
The decor is fairly neutral, sort of a classical tangent. There are bizarre paintings of monkeys at the end of each hallway. Stop in just to see those.
The staff was all friendly, especially the valets, who called cabs, etc. They also recommended a great car service, Watkins Transportation, to take me to the airport.
Location in Mt. Vernon is good. I walked to the harbor with no difficulty, it's about 15 minutes, and 10-15 minutes from Bolton Hill. I'd absolutely skip the hotel restaurant and head over to Charles St for many better options. Try the Helmand. Or go to City Cafe further down Cathedral. The hotel's food was lackluster, and the menu descriptions were hilarious. They try to make a connection to the Walters Museum by having an "art" theme to the menu, and one section is called "Paintings of Pasta." My guest and I almost died laughing. One night I ordered room service, and it was cold by the time it arrived.
I also developed an itchy rash on my face and upper body. I think it was a reaction to the detergent used on the sheets, possibly the comforter, which had that yucky polyester feel. Another review mentioned bed bugs, and now I'm wondering if that's what I experienced. I never saw any sort of insect, but did have obvious red itchy spots by the time I left, and they went away once I was home.
Worst hotel everfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Although we were were not looking for luxe on this trip -- just a convenient, peaceful, and clean hotel -- we were so depressed by our first night that we moved to the beautiful and luxurious Harbour Court Hotel where we had stayed on a previous visit to Baltimore. However, when we got there, we were amazed -- and aghast -- to discover that the Peabody Court had put a block on our account for considerably more than the three nights we had booked. It was a long week-end, and although we were told by our bank that removing the block was simply a question of a manager calling them up, the week-end manager of the Peabody Court refused to do so, putting us to unbelievable expense and inconvenience for the entire long week-end. To add insult to injury, we were charged an "early departure fee" -- imposed, no doubt, in anticipation of many such "early departures" by disatisfied clients.
I have lived all over the world, and stayed at hotels both grand and modest in several dozen countries -- never have I known anything as awful as the Peabody Court Hotel.
Quaint and Quietfrom Allegra475
Staff lacked Baltimore Knowledgefrom A TripAdvisor Member
It was the best thing I could have donefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good News and Bad Newsfrom bayman
A Lovely Hotelfrom lucky52
A Touch of Elegance, Charm, and Romancefrom buddmar
Excellent service and stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Baltimore
More to Baltimore than Inner Harbor if you dont have kids Visit Mount Vernon for many museums like the Walters Art Gallery (free admission), or Peabody Conservatory. Antique Row just a few blocks over in Mount Vernon.
Attractions nice Loved Baltimore just was not happy with our hotel selection..the Peabody Court Hotel which has bad service for a "Luxury" hotel..stay at Holiday Inn you'll be better off.
Inner Harbor and Fells Point Inner Harbor is really commercialized, loaded with all the stores and restaurants you find at any mall, but Fells Point was a much nicer area - quaint and with lots of bars and restaurants. I wish we would've spent more time there.
Other names for Peabody Court a Clarion Hotel
- clarion peabody court
- clarion hotel baltimore
- clarion baltimore
- baltimore clarion
- Address: 612 Cathedral Street - Baltimore - Maryland - 21201 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Peabody Court a Clarion Hotel
- The Mount Vernon Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Tremont Park Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Tremont Plaza Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Inn at Government House Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Residence Inn BaltimoreDowntown Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Days Inn Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Brookshire Suites Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Renaissance Harborplace Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- InterContinental Harbor Court Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi