Marriott Baltimore Waterfront Hotel
Reviews - Marriott Baltimore Waterfront Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Baltimore
Historical Traveller Reviews of Marriott Baltimore Waterfront Hotel
I got to admit this hotel was great...from TankMan347
Great view, poor stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Room with a viewfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Marriott Waterfrontfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great hotel and locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms are very nice/clean and the fact that the hotel is new is a big plus. Beds were comfortable and the views overlooking the harbor are spectacular. The indoor pool was good for the kids and a big veranda near the pool also afforded good views of Inner Harbor. The breakfast buffet on Sunday was a bit overpriced and next time would probably just order from the menu. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend the hotel.
Just another Marriott, but newfrom larrytrain
Why, you may ask? First, there is another Marriott property that is identical in the interior and has better service and is close to the harbor about .75 miles away.
Second, there is a Marriott Renaissance about .25 miles away which is just as nice (perhaps slightly more upscale even) and overlooks the harbor and has rates that tend to be 10-25% less than the marriott waterfront.
Now, beyond the proximity of these other properties, I've stayed here a number of times both on business and for leisure and I don't see any compelling reasons to stay.
The rooms at this Marriott are identical to any Marriott full service property in the world - this is a good thing but not for the rates they charge for their rooms. A typical weekday rate is ~$280 and a typical weekend rate is ~$220. I rarely find any promotions that make staying there over the other 2 properties worthwhile.
The hotel pool is a joke - it's literally about 12 ft by 12 ft, it's indoors, and whenever I've went there it's full of children running around unsupervised. The pool at the Renaissance is far better IMO. Parking is outrages here...$20 and you don't have a choice given there is virtually no on-street parking in the vicinity.
The views are nice, but once again they are nice from the other 2 Marriott properties nearby. No edge there.
The proximity to any of the places you may want to visit (the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Canton, Federal Hill, Ravens or Orioles stadiums) is not any more convenient either.
If there were no other Marriott properties nearby and if this hotel offered something above and beyond the ones that are literally across the street, I'd give this place higher marks.
For what you're spending, you can have a better experience at the Pier 5 hotel. You won't have a bad experience, but you're not having an experience that justify staying here (not sure why Marriott puts it as a Category 6 hotel).
Otherwise, save some money and stay at the Inner Harbor Marriott or the Harborplace Renaissance.
Inner Harbor Delight-Waterfront Marriottfrom NewJerseyJohnM
Excellent propertyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great job, we'll see you again!
Had some problems...from A TripAdvisor Member
fantastic stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Baltimore
Great eats in Baltimore If you are looking for a splurge dinner, go to Charleston. You will not be dissappointed. BUT, if you are looking for a budget-conscious restaurant for dinner, but don't want a crappy chain restaurant with pre-fab food and no ambiance go to the eclectic SOBO Cafe in Federal Hill. A fresh take on dishes like meatloaf (they make the best I have ever had and it is in the shape of a muffin, ie. meat muffins) and mac and cheese (this is the adult version you have been dreaming of). Plus their bottles of wine are all under $24 with a lot of great choices at the $18 price point.
Amiccis and Della Notte's Amicci's is perfect for young kids (under 10 yrs old) Cheap eats is their motto. AFterwards, go across the street and get the kids a gellatto from Vacarros. Della Notte is really wonderful for a nice (and pricey) dinner. Get a window seat and check out the traffic!
Beware OF THE WALLET EATING LOBSTERS AT OCEANAIRE Baltimore has hundreds of seafood offerings. Stay away from the "chain" establishments who that seem to overcharge for what is good but not exceptional food. Ask the locals for some of the places to get great food at non tourist prices.
Other names for Marriott Baltimore Waterfront Hotel
- marriott baltimore
- baltimore marriott
- Address: 700 Aliceanna St - Baltimore - Maryland - 21202 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Marriott Baltimore Waterfront Hotel
- Courtyard Baltimore Downtown Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Admiral Fell Inn Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Renaissance Harborplace Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- InterContinental Harbor Court Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Brookshire Suites Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Henderson's Wharf Inn Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Residence Inn BaltimoreDowntown Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Days Inn Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Tremont Plaza Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Tremont Park Hotel Baltimore, Maryland Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi