The Prytania Park Hotel, New Orleans
Reviews - The Prytania Park Hotel
Read 247 additional reviews of The Prytania Park Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New Orleans
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Prytania Park Hotel
Thoroughly enjoyed my stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel form Hell!from anubis1068
The management and staff are rude and indifferent to the problems and concerns that we raised during our stay, and they make you feel small and stupid, for daring to complain. This place has issues - both physical and in service delivery.
The GM (at least that's what he said his title was), was unpleasant at best and obnoxious at the very least. Strange, that by reading (the genuine) comments left on this site by other visitors to Prytania Park, it would appear he has a history. Even stranger is that he has the full support of the ownership? Does that mean that the ownership like the way he handles complaints...if so, that's very worrying, in our service driven economy.
I have nothing good to say about this place, other than my ex-wife and her mother would feel at home...enough said!
Would definitely stay here again!from A TripAdvisor Member
It's obviously some people just are plain fussy, snobby or just like to complain for the hell of it - or winge as we say her in Australia.
Room was great - good comfy beds, nice and clean. Location was fabulous - away from the noise of the French quarter but only a 10 min trolley/streetcar ride..... which was like a 2 min safe walk from the the hotel.
Staff were fantastic - they bent over backwards to help us.... a big thanks to Chris, Montana, John, Bernard and everyone else who helped us out but who I can't remember or don't know their names
If I ever get back to New Orleans, this is where I will be staying....
Thanks for helping make my stay in New Orleans an enjoyable one
Deplorable!from A TripAdvisor Member
When I asked why they didn't call to let me know there was a problem with the credit card, the manager said "That's not my job. It's your problem" They never even called to let me know
the reservations were cancelled!!! How are you supposed to know the hotel has cancelled your reservation if they don't tell you?!You are just supposed to find out when you arrive? To make a long story short, all of my co-workers
were turned out on the street becuase the Prytania
had other guests who had made reservations at a higher rate $$. They needed 6 of our rooms, so they took them. UNBELIEVABLE!
The complainant states that the credit card was valid and used many times in the early months of 2004. That may be true; however, on June 3, 2004 no authorizations were obtained. We have documents showing a declined authorization for all 6 reservations.
The complainant states that all reservations were valid at the time of her canceling one on May 27, 2004. All reservation was still active at that time. As mentioned before, credit cards are not verified until 48 hour prior to arrival. Prytania Park Hotel holds reservations in good faith until 48 hours prior. Once an authorization is obtained, the reservation is held. If no authorizations are received, reservations are canceled.
The communication errors between the complainant and the General Manager are unfortunate. The complainant may have misunderstood the GM's remarks in the conversation. As General Manager, he has full authority to operate the hotel. The owners are not involved in any of the operations of the hotel leaving all decisions to the GM.
The complainant states that the hotel did this due to overbooking. The hotel was not overbooked. If it were, how would we have exactly the same number of rooms that were canceled from the group. Also, the Prytania Park saw many no shows that weekend as well. Rooms would become available the following day as we hold rooms for only one night. We are sorry that this complainant feels cheated. Unfortunately, the guarantee created a situation that was unfavorable for both parties.
Will definately stay again. Loved it.from A TripAdvisor Member
Will Stay Again!!from A TripAdvisor Member
A charming place would stay againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Customer Servicefrom slave2Trent
Worst experience everfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Unbelievably bad customer servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for New Orleans
Multi-Day Streetcar Pass You can buy a 1, 3, or 5 day ticket to use the streetcars and buses from a place called Unique, a smalll shop located on Royal just off of Bourbon St. They also provide the cheapest prices on beer and other items. A long time local told me that it is where all of the New Oleans locals shop while in the French Quarters.
Bourbon Hit Bourbon during the afternoon to avoid the crowds and still get the full NO experience.
Bourbon Street There is no 'safe' time to walk on Bourbon Street.
Other names for The Prytania Park Hotel
- prytania park new orleans
- prytania park hotel
- Address: 1525 Prytania Street - New Orleans - Louisiana - 70130 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Prytania Park Hotel
- Fairchild House Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana
- 1415 Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Avenue Garden Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Maison Saint Charles Inn and Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Green House Inn Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Terrell House Mansion Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The McKendrick Breaux House Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- American Creole House Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Clarion Grand Boutique New Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Pontchartrain Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Avenue Plaza Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Magnolia Mansion Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites New Orleans Convention Center Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Springhill Suites New Orleans Convention Center Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi