The Frenchmen Hotel, New Orleans
Reviews - The Frenchmen Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Gay
Read 208 additional reviews of The Frenchmen Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New Orleans
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Frenchmen Hotel
Great Time with Louisiana Hospitalityfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Expensive for what you get but coolfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel itself would have been great, but the room had a funky smell to it and we weren't offered a different one. So we had a stinky room for four nights. A really loud party was also going on one night that was pretty bad. The room was a bit dirty when we arrived, and we had to have the housekeeping staff go through it again.
The location is great, the hotel is cool, but very expensive for what you get, and we just thought we should have deserved more for the price paid in both service and cleanliness.
Love the hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
in short. this place is fantastic.
Time of our lives!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Dream come true!from pajamafan
I loved the location of the hotel. It was very close to places to eat and listen to music, plus it was just a block away from the riverfront streetcar. It was very convenient to the French Market and no problem at all to walk to Bourbon Street. I loved staying on this side of the Quarter!
The room I had was very nice and clean. We were given fresh towels every day, even though we hung ours up and didn't request new ones. The pool/hot tub/courtyard area is wonderful. Couldn't ask for a better retreat!
I plan to stay there again and again!
We liked it so muchfrom A TripAdvisor Member
frechmen funfrom waderlust
I have stayed at alot of hotels and this had the personality of NOLA along with charm- excellant pastry and 5 different coffees! Our room had been renovated but the shower in the other rooms ran hot and cold.I have never seen such a hard working cleaning staff and the rooms were clean.GREAT LOCATION-GREAT PRICE
Very Nice Experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Above all, the staff was probably the friendliest I've ever encountered. Very outgoing and pleasant. The only bad thing I could say about it is that the rooms were just a little small, but for a single person or a close couple, it was fine.
wonderful anniversary stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Plenty of towels and toiletries. Convient location to the French Market and Quarter. We will stay there again when visiting New Orleans. For thoses people expecting a Chain Hotel, this is NOT it, but it is a wonderful quaint old Bed and Breakfast, if you are looking for something other than the usual run of the mill room, this is what you will want. Oh, I forget to mention the quite courtyard with the pool and hot tub, they are not large enough for laps, but big enough to cool off or unwind in the HOT tub, and it was quite warm. We enjoyed ourselves very much. Frank and Ellen Pinto
Very Disappointed in the Frenchmenfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Our room was only even vaccuumed once, the sheets (which were dirty when we got there) were never changed, we had to request more and put them on ourselves, and there was mold in the shower. We complained about these things and expected them to be changed. When we went to check out, the manager would not adjust the bill even though none of our complaints were adressed. He lied and said that none of them had been reported even though the log book was sitting right in front of him and I had personally watched one of the people at the front desk record each of our complaints. He even had the nerve to raise his voice to us. Don't stay at this hotel, it's not worth the stress that it causes.
Top Local Tips for New Orleans
Katrina Tour The Grayhound, Katrina Tour was excellent. Our guide was so well educated about everything we saw. I would strongly recommend it. It will make you want to go see the IMAX movie about the storm. Please be advised that the IMAX is not open on Mondays.
great food! mona lisa's pizza on royal st.!!!!! wow! awesome low priced pizza!!! locals love it!!!!!
Prailine Connection Excellent cajun and soul food, wonderful staff
Other names for The Frenchmen Hotel
- frenchmen hotel new orleans
- Address: 417 Frenchman Street - New Orleans - Louisiana - 70116 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Frenchmen Hotel
- Hotel De La Monnaie New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Le Richelieu in the French Quarter Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Soniat House Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Claiborne Mansion Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Elysian Fields Inn Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Cornstalk Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Olde Town Inn Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Place D armes Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- French Quarter Courtyard Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Saint Pierre New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- French Quarter Annex Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- French Quarter Suites Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Best Western French Quarter Landmark Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Rathbone Inn Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel Maison de Ville New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi