The Embassy Suites Hotel, New Orleans
Reviews - The Embassy Suites Hotel
Read 253 additional reviews of The Embassy Suites Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New Orleans
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Embassy Suites Hotel
The Lofts are fantasticfrom Laurie_I
Christmas at the Embassy Suitesfrom toobusytoday
We arrived Christmas Eve to the coldest weather New Orleans had seen in almost 20 years. We met up with my Brother in Law and his family and the nine of us walked to the French Quarter. We could have taken a taxi or walked two blocks down and taken the streetcar but since we were idiots we walked. Temps were in the mid thirties and it was windy. Had dinner at Embers Steakhouse on Bourbon and St. Peters. Dinner was good but pricey for the quality.
The Embassy Suites is a very nice looking hotel and unbeatable for the price. It has a bar and resturant on the bottom level and a very large open space where the breakfast is served. This is no ordinary continental breakfast- this was a big buffet with a special made to order egg cooking area. Hot beverages, cold juices, fruit salad, whole fruit, bagels, pastries, cereal were also offered.
We were looking for a place for Christmas Dinner and since the last of our party was to come in at 6:00, we decided to eat at the special Christmas buffet right at Embassy Suites. Unfortunately, the rest of our group could not fly in on Christmas Day due to the weather. It snowed in New Orleans (!) We changed our reservation from 20 to 9 and somehow it was lost. After apologizing again and again, the resturant manager offered to comp us our meal - all nine of us! Seven of us ate from the buffet and 2 ate from the regular menu. All of us enjoyed the food.
The next day we asked for and were granted a late check out time of 1:30 so we were able to enjoy the day a little before boarding our ship. We walked down two blocks and caught the streetcar and rode down to Jackson Square. When we came back we walked up to the hotel, grabbed our bags and rolled them 3 blocks down to the pier and boarded our ship. I would stay there again!
Okay hotelfrom SpeakUp
Great with Kidsfrom NewGator
Great Mardi Gras Hotelfrom NolaLady
Come for Mardi Gras and catch lots of beads from your balconey!
was this the same place??from radiohead44
As I learned on a previous visit, this is a great (and quiet) location if you don't want to be in the quarter or the business district but close to lots of activities. (E.g., we could walk back and forth to Frenchman Street with little effort, we were two blocks from Emerils; and the Riverfront Trolley ends about three blocks south.)
Agree with the earlier comment about the parking costs--the one thing out of line with what was otherwise a bargain.
love the embassyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We arrived at the Embasy Suites in NO on 6/23/04 and stayed until 6/27/04. Very disappointed. Our room was given to someone else only knew this when we tried to access our room and the key wouldn't work. Back downstairs and was given a new room and supposedly to receive a courtesey basket which we never received. Luggage arrived at our room 1 hour and 15 minutes later after a call to the front desk.
Room was only vaccumed one time and the bathtub was very dirty on the side, and never received clean glasses. They were just wiped out and cardboard lids put on. How sanitary is this?? A very strong odor of sewer gas on Sunday in our room and in the lobby. I'm not sure if we will stay at a Embassy Suite again.
Dirtyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not the Greatestfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for New Orleans
Rio Mar Top-knotch cuisine with a Spanish twist on native New Orleans seafood ingredients. I could eat there every evening and never get bored.
French Market Don't miss the Market it was so much fun. You can buy all kinds of souvenirs.
Peristyle We had a wonderful meal at Peristyle (French Quarter). This was graduation weekend so a lot of other places were booked. We've eaten at Emeril's and K-Pauls. This was every bit as good. Service and food were excellent. It was not mobbed like some of the more well know places. Dinner for eight with 3 carafes of wine, desserts for 4, salads and main courses for everyone was a little over $400 not including tip. I had the drum fish almondine which was excellent. Valet parking. Our son was a Tulane student and did a lot of research to pick restaurants when we visited. His friends parents also frequently relied on his choices. Other favorites - Jacques Imo's (most frequent since food is excellent and prices are lower, but very crowded and you walk through the kitchen to get to your table), Dante's Kitchen, Brigtsen's, Camille's Grill (casual - omelets, milkshakes, pie, hamburgers)
Other names for The Embassy Suites Hotel
- new orleans embassy suites
- embassy suites new orleans
- Address: 315 Julia Street - New Orleans - Louisiana - 70130 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Embassy Suites Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Julia Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Renaissance Arts Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- New Orleans Marriott at the Convention Center Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Springhill Suites New Orleans Convention Center Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Loews New Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- W New Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Windsor Court Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Whitney Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites New Orleans Convention Center Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Lafayette Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Saint James Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi