Saint Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel, New Orleans
Reviews - Saint Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Special Interest/Event
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: Netherlands
- Traveller type: Pleasure Seeker
Read 240 additional reviews of Saint Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New Orleans
Historical Traveller Reviews of Saint Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel
Dirty, smelly, unhelpful staff, a veritable armpit of a place to stay.from luv2roamLB
Don't stay here!
Are we staying at the same hotel?from WhiteSox12
$128 +$23 aday parking hell hole and Stuff stolen from carsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Worst ever!!from A TripAdvisor Member
What a Dump! Stay Elsewherefrom guthesq
Some, but not all, of the staff will acknowledge you, but don't expect your requests to be met--for example, my wife asked for an extra blanket. It never came. There is a coffee pot and cups from another guest still in the hallway at 8:00 PM. The little clock radio is so encrusted with dirt and other gunk it was hard to figure out which buttons were which. The bed cover looks like it had been sprayed with the bodily fluids and DNA of many guests--I wouldn't be suprised if it started breathing on its own. Don't try using your arm to hold the elevator door unless you want to end up with a bloody stump instead of a hand. I can't say enough bad things about this wretched flop-house.
They should start renting this place out by the hour... Don't expect anything from this dump, other than a feeling of oh-my-gawd astonishment / disappointment and of being totally ripped off. Next time, I'll be back to my old stand-by--the clean and classy Prince Conti, which is the same or less per night than the Saint Ann dump and is only a block away. Advice: if the Prince Conti doesn't have any rooms, spend the extra $50 per night to stay ANYwhere else but this crap-hole--you'll be glad you did. It's amazing that the Saint Ann is still in business--no wonder they still had rooms available... Don't believe the other reviews written here that say the people were worried, but ended up having a great experience--that is either naviete or total BS. It's going to take a while for me to make this up to my wife...
Not The Ritz Carlton.from A TripAdvisor Member
Noise from Burbon St., good locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Was nice place, although desk clerks not to friendly, concierge helpful though. Would hate to pay more than $100 for a room there, but I guess location is everything.
My experience was pretty good!from A TripAdvisor Member
Do NOT stay here! Avoid at all costs!from KKAK
We paid $170 a night and got about a Motel 6 experience. The lobby is old, dark and filthy. The desk clerks rude and not even remotely hospitable. Our room was about the size of a walk-in closet and dirty beyond belief. The bathroom was just bizzare. Only 1 person could fit in the room, the shower head was so low my 5'11 husband had to bend down. Not to mention the mold on the walls. There is no room service and even a bar or restaurant in the hotel to get a drink.
EVERY morning we were awaken by an incredibly loud and ungracious maid staff. We complained to the front desk and the situation was never resolved. I will never again stay there and I always steer people away from that pathetic dump of a hotel.
A Fine Stayfrom Smartypunk
Top Local Tips for New Orleans
Great restaurants Instead of standing in line at Mothers or the Acme you can walk right in to the Alpine (Chartre St) or Oceanas(Conti St) and get some of the best food available in the Quarter.
transpotation & hotels Stay in busy area or spend the money and take a taxi . Stay at a brand name hotel as you will have more layers of folks to help you when you have a problem . Small hotels without any conection can just burn you and take your money .
I LOVE THE CITY I lived in new Orleans before Katrina, and loved it....I love it now. As a tourist, you won't notice a significant change since the French Quarter is fairly intact. The zoo is a must..one of the best. Be sure you have an accurate evaluation of the hotel before you book...damages, repairs, etc..The Marie Antoinette really put it over on me with their false advertising....so sad to see a property resort to duplicity.Take walking tours of the Quarter; don't go to the cemetaries without a tour group; go to Frenchmen's Street at night for wonderful music and the absence of loud drunks (unless you like loud drunks). Check restaurant ratings before you go, and choose the best...it's worth it. Avoid Brennans ...it was rediculously expensive for poor quality food, uptight atmosphere, no shade in the garden, one bar tender for the whole restaurant...on and on. Brennan's is a tourist trap that I never visited when I lived in New Orleans;I'm sorry I took my family there this trip.
Other names for Saint Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel
- st ann marie antoinette hotel
- Address: 717 Rue Conti - New Orleans - Louisiana - 70130 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Saint Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel
- Prince Conti French Quarter Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Ramada Plaza Inn On Bourbon Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Dauphine Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Omni Royal Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- W New Orleans French Quarter Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Holiday Inn New Orleans Chateau Lemoyne Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Maison de Ville New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel St. Marie New Orleans New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Chateau Sonesta Hotel New Orleans New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Iberville Suites Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Alexa Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Crowne Plaza Astor Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Maison Dupuy Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi