Bienville House Hotel, New Orleans
Reviews - Bienville House Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Relaxation Seeker
Read 326 additional reviews of Bienville House Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New Orleans
Historical Traveller Reviews of Bienville House Hotel
Will stay there again!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
The location is PERFECT and walking distance to EVERYTHING.
Best food we had while were there was ACME Oyster Bar for less expensive lunch, Dickie Brennans "Bourbon House" for seafood dinner Excellent... at Bourbon and Iberville.
Don't pass up the $50 private horse carriage tour of the french quarter. You will love it.
perfect locationfrom wiegm
Get a Windowfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My wife and I stayed here in April 04.
I booked over the web and didnt appreciate that there are 'central' rooms with no windows. It would have been nice to look outside to figure out what the weather was doing, for example, or just get some fresh (?) air. This said, at least our room was quiet (no traffic noise) and dark, which meant we slept soundly.
There are loads of great eateries close by so dont bother if your package doesnt include breakfast - try Brennans you'll not regret it (and your credit card company will love you), or the patisserie over the road from Jackson Square.
Staff was Great!from jodi_123
Extremely disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Soooooooo Comfortable!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Times in the Big Easyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Just Perfectfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Bienville House has a restaurant, but we did not eat there with so many other choices. There are no breakfast accomodations, but there are wonderful small cafes with great coffee and pastries, fruit, etc.
within a short walking distance. In fact, we never used our car the entire time. Again, the location was perfect for us as was the whole trip. The staff was helpful and friendly--especially the bellman Corey.
We will definitely stay at Bienville House whenever we are in New Orleans. A fantastic hotel.
t pass this up!from crforrester
The location can't be beat, very close to the French Market, Bourbon St., the casino, and the Streetcar in the French Quarter. There was a hilarious little Halloween parade under our window balcony! We came downstairs every morning and had the bagels and croissants near the courtyard pool. Very highly recommended, I would definitely stay there again.
Excellent!from A TripAdvisor Member
Housekeeping came everyday and did an amazing job keeping the room spotless and well-stocked with anything we needed. In addition, the Bienville House Hotel is very well located. We didn't rent a car and we didn't need one. It is only 2 or 3 blocks from the Mississippi, Harrah's Casino, Bourbon Street and even the St. Charles streetcar if you want to take it out to the Garden District, which we did. The only small glitch I encountered was that I booked the hotel in part because they had a complimentary continental breakfast from 6am-9am which I thought would be very convenient given some of the early tours I was taking. I got there to discover that they did away with the breakfast on Jan 1/04 since the hotel restaurant now served breakfast. That is all well and good, but the time we tried to go there we were told that it wouldn't be open until 7:30am. Very inconvenient when the bus for the tour was picking us up at 7:45am. We ended up having to go elsewhere. But as I said, it was a minor glitch and overall I absolutely loved the Bienville House Hotel and would recommend it anyone.
Top Local Tips for New Orleans
Gumbo Shop is Good; Fiorella's Doesn''t Live up to its Reputation Ate at the Gumbo Shop in the French quarter. Good food (red bean and rice, gumbo, etc). Reasonable prices ($7-$12). NOLA (one of Emeril's restauirants) was good, too. But get there early in the evening (5:30 or 6:00) if you do not have reservations. Or you'll wait. Fiorella's (in the French Market section of the French Quarter) was inexpensive and generous portions. But food didn't measure up to its "great dive' reputation. Fabled macaroni & cheese tasted like cardboard. Fried chicken was generous, but antacid was need a few hours later.
Party all the time, and sleep when you get home At this location, you are right next door to two of the hottest clubs in New Orleans right now. So if you are not a real partier. This location may not be for you. House of Blues is also in this general location. Most of the parties really did not start until around Midnight.
Where the locals go Try Frenchmen's Street
Other names for Bienville House Hotel
- bienville new orleans
- bienville hotel new orleans
- Address: 320 Decatur Street - New Orleans - Louisiana - 70130 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Bienville House Hotel
- W New Orleans French Quarter Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Omni Royal Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Saint Christopher Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Marriott New Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Alexa Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Doubletree Hotel New Orleans New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Chateau Sonesta Hotel New Orleans New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Crowne Plaza Astor Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near rhe French Quarter Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Prince Conti French Quarter Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Royal Saint Charles Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- International House Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi