Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: Barbados
- Traveller type: Retired
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Weekend Breaker
Read 207 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Indianapolis
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel
Much Improvedfrom freakofstarbucks
Good enoughfrom sneakyshrimp
Good placefrom hurricane-hunters
Elevator Hell !!from CincinnatiSwimMom
Great Location, Good Hotelfrom seinenb
The Hyatt was nice. Beautiful Lobby, Nice spacious rooms, Great Beds. The bathroom was just average.
The Location is perfect - smack dab in the middle of downtown. Right next to circle center mall, within blocks of probably 60 good restaurants
The hotels staff was very friendly. Even though we booked online through Hotwire ($72) - we were able to check in very early (11AM vs 3PM) and the front desk clerk asked us what our room preferences were.
My only watchout would be that I think this hotel offers a lot of discounted rooms through priceline and hotwire and stays very busy throughout the weekend. Lots of family's with unsupervised kids playing in the elevators. But it is definintely worth it to take advantage of the good rates ourselves.
Nice but Understaffedfrom Ohio-Brown-Eyed-Girl
We didn't have problems with a dirty room as reported by another reviewer, but did notice things like a room service tray sitting in the hall from before 11pm until after 9am the next day. The half-eaten shrimp cocktail wasn't looking too appetizing at that point!
Agree that the elevators are slow but they claim to be working on that.
The plusses: it is a great location and the breakfast buffet which was included with our AAA rate was nice. The rooms were quiet and we had a good view.
No clean rooms and poor service!from Jill
The next problem came when some teens checked in to the room next to us. They were yelling in the hall and slamming their door every few minutes throughout the night. My husband asked them to quiet down and found several teens in the room with no adult. The noise continued after midnight so we called the front desk and were told they would have security keep an eye out. Not sure what the meant. However, we received a 6:oo a.m. wake up call that had not been requested from our rooms. I cannot believe that a hotel would allow wake-up calls to be scheduled from different rooms.
Another problem was that we called to have valet get our stroller out of our van. They asked for our room number and said someone would bring it up. After an hour and a half we called the front desk. They said it was there. When we picked it up we asked why it wasn't brought up. They said the bellman was not allowed to let the valet bring anything up and he was getting off work so he couldn't bring it up! We would have appreciated at least a phone call to let us know.
Do not waste your money on a massage here. The room was very sterile and located next to the exercise equipment. It's not very relaxing to listen to noisy weights and machines, along with people talking.
The elevators were a nightmare! They took forever but are supposed to be under repair to help with this problem. We will certainly not be back to see if they are ever fixed!
Check priceline to get a great ratefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I did almost forget about 1 negative issue, the parking, $22.00 a day. I'm sure that's pretty standard for a downtown hotel. It's hard to beat staying in the middle of the city for under a hundred dollars though.
The indoor pool is very nice with plenty of towels. The rooms are clean and contemporary. The mall is actually connected to the hotel. All of the staff members we met were professional and courteous.
We went to the Children's Museum the next day and had a fantastic time. Two girls, 5 and 7. It's around 10 minutes from this hotel. The last time we stayed here we went to the zoo, around 10 minutes as well.
Unprofessional and a total messfrom SteveNYC1979
The room: was small, but nice view of "downtown" weird wetness to rugs. Don't ask
The hotel itself was connected to a business office and there are some fast food places too. No find dining really, but hey, it's indiana.
There was the 35h Annual Black expo going on, which I was not attending. The whole weekend was filled with the hallways smelling like marijuana. The nights were loud and there was no hotel security to keep the younger guests in check. It was basically, a free for all.
I sent a letter to Hyatt Corporate. The fact that illegal drug use and the free for all loud roaming of the halls at 3 and 4am makes this hotel a place I wish to never return to.
birthday get awayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Indianapolis
Carey Indiana limousine service These guys are the best for getting around Indianapolis. Check them out on the Internet.
Starbucks There is a Starbucks in a nearby hotel (Westin?) and another espresso shop just across the street (big courtyard with fountains...don't know the street name)
Other names for Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel
- indianapolis hyatt regency
- indianapolis hyatt
- hyatt indianapolis
- Address: South Capitol Avenue - Indianapolis - Indiana - 46204 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Indianapolis Marriott Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Malibu Suites Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hampton Inn Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Columbia Club Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Omni Severin Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites City Centre Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- University Place Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi