Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station, Indianapolis
Reviews - Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Indianapolis
Historical Traveller Reviews of Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station
Charming and Refreshing!from Hosanna97
Staff was friendly and accommodating, room was clean, comfy, with plush bedding and amenities thoughtfully included for your comfort (eye mask, soothing sleep CD, plush pillows . . . .
Loved the lobby and the station - still a working railroad station, by the way!
Very nice hotel!from Mrs._Shnee
Nice getawayfrom compfirst
Nice place for a professional conferencefrom tigerb
Catered food was very good in general for our function.
Extremely nice and friendly staff.
Comfortable beds and pristine bathrooms.
CD player at bedside a really nice touch.
Walking distance to an interesting mall and many food choices.
Only problem with catered food was "continental" breakfast: a pile of pastries with juice and coffee. Not even very good pastries.
Conference rooms were set up with doors BEHIND the speakers! Very odd!
Rumbling trains didn't wake me up, but it did take me a bit to get used to them.
Giant charges for parking -- your choice of $20 valet or $18 in a ramp. Maybe this is par for a city of 800,000, I don't know.
In general I would recommend the hotel for a stay and would stay there again.
t wait to go back!from brhtjh
Suited my needsfrom Wanderer76
Decent, but far from great.from ktsurly
We were warned upon check-in about the trains that rumble through, so we were prepared. As we drifted off to sleep, I heard a train -- very quiet and in the distance -- and it was actually sort of novel and relaxing.
The walls, however, seemed to be paper thin. We were woken up at least twice by the loud snoring of the person in the room next to us. Other than that, the room was decent. The bed was comfortable, and there was a bag containing an eye mask, earplugs, scented sheet spray, and a relaxing sleep CD (there was a clock radio/CD player that also played relaxing nature sounds in the room) on the bed when we checked in. We didn't have a view, which was unfortunate given how gorgeous the skyline is at night. Our window looked out into the middle of the hotel, so we had to keep our curtains closed at all times to avoid people walking down the hall/waiting for the elevator from seeing us.
We didn't try out the pool, but we did get a late-night appetizer in the hotel bar (highly recommend the caramel chocolate cheesecake. Skip the nachos -- they're not worth the money or the calories). We had the breakfast buffet at Pullman's restaurant in the hotel. For $12/person, I found the buffet to be highly unspectacular: cantaloupe and bananas were the only fruit; the eggs seemed cold and as if they'd been sitting out; there was one piece of French toast left, and we had to request that more be brought out; and the bagels were in a bag. I'd suggest the nearby Red Eye Cafe for breakfast instead.
Great Service but Weird Setupfrom ribar1en
But...the trains are really noisy and vibrate the whole building, including the beds making it difficult to sleep. They have really creepy statues throughout the hotel to represent the ghosts of the station, which I swear they periodically move. But what bothered me most is that all of the rooms faced inward, which meant that the only window in the room faced the common area where there were constantly tons of people. Therefore, unless you are comfortable with people constantly watching you, you have to keep the shades drawn, making the room feel really closed in. I heard this complaint from several people staying in the hotel. I can't imagine how bad it'd be if you stayed on the first floor.
Overall, the hotel was nice and a good change of pace, but I think I might explore some of the other local hotels next time i visit.
Beware of the rumbling trainsfrom JB55
We Were Thrilled!from KellymarieChi
Top Local Tips for Indianapolis
Carey Limo By far the best shuttle I have ever had. $12 dollars got me from the hotel to the airport in a limo. Can't beat it.
Brewery RAM brewery....great food and good beer beer B+ Alcartaz Brewery ..... Terrible beer but great food C- Rock Bottom.........above agerage beers....descent food B-
Near airport It seems like a very busy location.
Other names for Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station
- crowne plaza indianapolis downtown
- crowne plaza indianapolis
- Address: 123 West Louisiana Street - Indianapolis - Indiana - 46225 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station
- Omni Severin Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hampton Inn Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Malibu Suites Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Indianapolis Marriott Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites City Centre Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Columbia Club Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- University Place Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Old Northside Bed and Breakfast Hotel Indianapolis, Indiana Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi