The State House Inn A Clarion Collection Hotel, Springfield
Reviews - The State House Inn A Clarion Collection Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Springfield
Historical Traveller Reviews of The State House Inn A Clarion Collection Hotel
State House Inn a Winner in Springfield!from ladewig
The hotel is located right in downtown, close to the State Capitol, the Lincoln Museum and Library, the Old State Capitol, the Lincoln Home, etc. The building is pretty generic on the outside, but inside it is decorated in a retro, 60s style. Check out their web site for a better idea.
Our room was a mini-suite, with the bedroom separated from the rest of the room. We had a microwave and refrigerator which was handy when bringing back leftovers from dinner. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a bit narrow, but large enough for both of us to get ready without getting in each others way (mostly). The only item that was lacking was the couch, or what passed for a couch. It was one of those modern pieces of furniture that emphasizes looks over comfort. OK for one but pretty uncomfortable for two.
If you're looking for a place to stay in Springfield, definitely consider the State House Inn.
Wonderful Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Location was perfect. business center was nice, rooms were very comfortable, and the lounge was unique and eclectic.
No need to look at any other hotels (and trust me we travel a great deal and are quite picky!).
Great value at a great hotel!!!!
Wow! Very Impressed!!! Look no further, stay here!!from Mendozas
what a great valuefrom catwilly
Good value, no nonsense accommodationfrom MobiAndy
THE NAME FITSfrom ccb9801
Better Love Train Whistlesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I thought the beds were too soft but everyone else thought they were great. The regular room was on the smallish side but the suite - wow!
State House Delivers with Simplicity and Stylefrom Take_Me_Home_Now
The hotel lobby and rooms are decorated in a fun mod 50's design that is unlike anything that I've seen in other hotels within this price range. The king size bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed having two TV's (one in the bedroom and one in the living room).
One downside to this hotel, it might not please families who are looking for a hotel with a pool because there isn't one. But, on the other hand, the lack of families makes for a pretty quiet hotel.
Note that this hotel is within easy walking distance of the new Lincoln Library and Museum (which is big fun).
Fantastic rooms!from LLawler
Top Local Tips for Springfield
Must-Do List: If visiting Springfield for the Lincoln sites, I advise that you not miss the following attactions, in this order: Lincoln Museum (budget four hours), Lincoln House (1 hour), Lincoln-Herndon Law Offce (1 hour), Lincoln Tomb (30 minutes).
President Lincoln The historical sites and museums were great. I really enjoyed learning about President Lincoln and the many accomplishments he had done.
Excellent family location. The Lincoln Museum/Library is simply fantastic. After seeing it, we had a hard time understanding the criticism we'd heard about the "Disney" treatment of Lincoln in the museum. Although there are those elements, as educators, we felt that in reaching the general public, it was brilliant in so many ways. It was reverant without being sappy, and fun, without being inappropriately so. It went a long way toward making visitors appreciate Lincoln as a man, not a God-like icon. Mary Todd Lincoln is also portrayed in a balanced and enlightened way - finally! What at first glance appears to be just a hall displaying her gowns is especially effective when you realize what the real message is. It's quite shocking. By the end, I was so moved, my eyes filled with tears. We almost skipped the Old Salem site for lack of time, but don't. Even though it's a cleaned up recreation of reality - it also helps visitors admire Lincoln all the more experiencing his early life in this small way.
Other names for The State House Inn A Clarion Collection Hotel
- the state hotel clarion
- springfield clarion
- clarion springfield
- clarion collection springfield
- Address: 101 East Adams Street - Springfield - Illinois - 62701 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The State House Inn A Clarion Collection Hotel
- Carpenter Street Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Red Roof Springfield Il Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Best Western Clearlake Plaza Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi
- Microtel Inn & Suites Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Travelodge Springfield Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Comfort Suites Springfield Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 5.4 km / 3.3 mi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- Ramada Limited North Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Drury Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Pear Tree Inn Springfield Il Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Days Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Sleep Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 7.5 km / 4.6 mi
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 7.3 km / 4.5 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Springfield, Illinois Distance: 7.4 km / 4.6 mi