The Ritz Carlton Chicago Hotel
Reviews - The Ritz Carlton Chicago Hotel
Read 412 additional reviews of The Ritz Carlton Chicago Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Chicago
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Ritz Carlton Chicago Hotel
Great Hotel! Maximum luxory!from rata_200
Its very very luxorious and the staff was very kind.
The lobby is just great located at the 12 floor and my suite was great and elegant!
I absolutely recommend this hotel because the amenities and the great location.
Shockedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
impeccable hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
On this visit it was impeccable from every prespective...front desk, concierge, housekeeping, maintenance, etc.
Care must be taken in selecting Ritz-Carlton Hotels, as they may be managed by a variety of hospitality companies, many in the US by Marriott,( mediocre).
The Chicago property is managed by Four Seasons, probably the finest hotel management company in the world, and it shows.
One cannot go wrong in staying here...ideal location on N. Michigan at the Mag Mile.
Wonderful Hotelfrom Janeykins
t get betterfrom ELDerby
Top Notchfrom laurieSue
m spoiled nowfrom jennnifer
No other hotel will ever match up to this experience. Thanks to all at The Ritz for spoiling us rotten. We will most definitely stay here again.
Memorable Memorial Dayfrom tdt5648
1. We wanted the service of a luxury hotel and was not disappointed at all at this Ritz Carlton property (but managed by the Four Seasons, thus how can you go wrong!) Everyone treated us like royalty. Even my two young kids, aged 6 & 8, were catered to as if they were a prince and princess.
2. The location right at the Water Tower Place on the Magnificent Mile is a shopper's haven. My wife spent three days shopping all along Michigan Ave and complained that it was not enough for her. The American Girl Place is a must if you have a little girl.
3. Our gorgeous suite on the 28th floor overlooked the Magnificent Mile. The bedding was absolutely heavenly, and even the kid's sofa bed was adorned with the same bedding that we had on our king sized bed.
If you are looking to save money, do not look here. If you want the best location and unparalled service, the Ritz is the place. This is the only hotel we will be staying at when visiting Chicago.
Luxury and servicefrom JoyD
No Resting on Laurelsfrom Atticus_Finch1
Some five-star hotels rest on their laurels. Rich in tradition and their long-standing reputations of grandeur, their decor and their staff show signs of age and wear. The Ritz-Carlton of Chicago is no such place. Every inch of this hotel is beautiful, and its staff treat the hotel's clientele with superior elegance and class. This is a five-star hotel which deserves to be a five-star hotel.
We stayed in a superior lakeside suite during the weekend of April 1, 2005. Prior to our arrival, I received a telephone call from the concierge, inquiring as to whether she could do anything for me in advance of my arrival. The valets, the bellmen, and the reception clerks all acted as though they had been waiting for just us. They jumped to attention and they well-served our needs. They were extremely courteous and helpful.
The suite, boasting more than 1,000 square feet, was simply breath-taking. It was very large, and very clean. It appeared somewhat older, but by no means dated or stale. Rather, its age contributed to a classy, elegant and stately charm. We had one very large bathroom and one powder room. The dining area was outstanding, and teh living room and its furniture were superior. We had an afternoon meeting, and twice ordered room service of champagne and appetizers. The room service was very prompt, the food was much better than what we had asked for, and the room service staff set up our formal dining table very nicely for us. The bed was very comfortable, and fine linens complimented the large comfortable bed nicely.
This hotel adjoins Water Tower Place, one of the finest malls in the City of Chicago. A short elevator ride from the lobby, and you exit directly into a wonderful mall.
Check-out was uneventful and pleasant, and once again, it seemed as though the staff had been waiting just to serve us. Upon check-out, the clerk asked if there was anything that the hotel could do to make our stay even better. Our honest answer was "absolutely nothing." It was perfect.
The Ritz-Carlton is a very expensive hotel. Then again, diamonds and Rolls Royces are expensive too. We benefitted from a very good rate, and still paid $700.00 for the suite for one night. We felt that it was worth it, but we recognize that this hotel is not the most affordable option that Chicago has to offer. This hotel may be expensive but, unlike many "five-star" hotels, this hotel has the look and feel of a justifiably expensive hotel.
Top Local Tips for Chicago
Great shopping right out the front door Right outside on Michigan Avenue are some of the best shops in the world, but don't forget to hit Oak Street for some other great spots.
lookinglass great intimate space
A must while in Chicago... A cubs game at Wrigley Field.
Other names for The Ritz Carlton Chicago Hotel
- ritz-carlton chicago
- ritz chicago
- ritz carlton chicago
- four seasons chicago hotel
- four seasons chicago
- chicago ritz-carlton
- chicago ritz
- chicago four seasons
- Address: 160 East Pearson Street - Chicago - Illinois - 60611 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Ritz Carlton Chicago Hotel
- Park Hyatt Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Tremont Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Raffaello Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- The Whitehall Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Allerton Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Avenue Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Drake Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Omni Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Talbott Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi