Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
Reviews - Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Chicago
Historical Traveller Reviews of Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
Central Locationfrom jjvan123
Great hotel for the price and LOCATIONfrom tia277
Yes this is no 5 star fancy all out hotel, but if your looking for a friendly, clean, simple hotel thats affordable and in a great location, this is a great choice.
great hotel for the moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks Best Western Inn of Chicago!from S_n_B_K
We loved the hotel and the city of Chicago!from redsoxrule2003
Great Value!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good Price - Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Complaints are: Extremely slow elevators - you could be waiting up to five minutes for one; the stairways were too dark and a little creepy to use; Noise from other rooms and the hallways could be heard clearly from inside your room - I could hear my neighbour's conversations clearly from my room; Ice and pop machines on every floor would definitely be an advantage - especially since the elevators are too slow and the stairways are creepy!
Overall this hotel was good for the price and I would stay here again.
Mixed Review for a May 2004 Stayfrom libertyproject
On the plus side, the location is wonderful, just 1/2 block from Michigan Ave, 2 blocks from the Wrigley Building and about a 1 mile walk from the entrance of the Navy Pier.
Floors 21 and 22 were well appointed and clean. My room 2112 was clean, yet small.
Room service arrived quickly and tasty, and the staff were friendly. Lastly, there is a wonderful terrace on the 22nd floor in which you can bring your own lunch, drinks, etc and enjoy the city skyline day or night (open until 10pm).
On the negative side, you are reminded it is a Best Western. The water pressure was low, you have to wait for a bellman and front desk person because they are understaffed.
My bathroom was small, as in just large enough for 1 person. In addition the windows in my room did not open, so fresh air was a problem.
Floors 3-20 need renovating with some floors not looking so clean. Each of the 3 elevators were very small, the public areas were hot (no fresh air circulation), the exterior of the building itself is wonderful but needs a good power washing, ice machines are on every other floor, and noise from the hallway and other rooms was a problem.
If you stay here, request a room away from the following: Ice and soda machines, elevators and the entrance to the terrace on the 22nd floor.
Bottom line, I paid $105 per night for a king room that was small, yet well appointed. For a budget hotel, if location is more important than a good shower, then so long as you stay on the 21 or 22nd floor the value is wonderful.
If however you need service or stay on floors 3-20, I would suggest looking into the Courtyard by Marriott or the Red Roof Inn, both of which have equally good locations and look more refreshing and clean.
The property is owned by Shell Hospitality, and on their website it states that the property was renovated in 2003, but other than floors 21 and 22, I did not see where the renovation looked new.
above averagefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Best Value For A Prime Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Use your AAA card for discount on room rate. I have stayed at more then 20 hotels in and around the city over the years. For the price and location, this hotel is the best value in the city.
Top Local Tips for Chicago
Breakfast option There is a Corner Bakery a block away on St. Clair Street that serves wonderful oatmeal (hot or cold) with fruit and nuts, as well as wonderful pastries.
Chicago Greeter Be sure to book a tour with your own private Chicago Greeter! We had an amazing time with our guide Mike and you can plan your visit based on what you like (History, sports, shopping...) Don't miss out!
magnificient mile shopping was great the food at the cafe luxor was amazing and an amazing view of michigan ave
Other names for Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
- magnificent mile hotel chicago
- inn chicago magnificent mile
- inn chicago
- hotel chicago magnificent mile
- Address: 162 East Ohio - Chicago - Illinois - 60611 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
- Courtyard Downtown Chicago at Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Wyndham Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Omni Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- InterContinental Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Avenue Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Conrad Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Allerton Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The James Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago Downtown Lakefront Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Cass Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi