Hotel Allegro Chicago
Reviews - Hotel Allegro Chicago
Read 861 additional reviews of Hotel Allegro Chicago at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Chicago
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Allegro Chicago
A Pleasant Surprisefrom Aurora100
Michigan Ave, at a similar rate. However, there was a huge medical convention in town, and I was lucky to have a room, at any price.I enjoyed the décor of the Allegro-it was very unique and quite different from the standard Hyatt, Marriott, etc. But what was the biggest surprise for me was what a great location this hotel has. Originally, I would have preferred to be in the North Michigan Avenue or River North areas; I was afraid that the Loop would be dead on weekends and in the evening. But the Allegro was in the Theater district, and quite the contraryit was really busy at night and on weekends. As an added bonus, it was only two short blocks to great shopping on State Street (Marshall Fields, Borders etc. There were even enough people out so that I felt comfortable walking back to the hotel after dark.There is a small fitness room in the hotel, but it seemed kind of stuffy. An added bonus is that for $8, you can use the historic Randolph Athletic club, across the street from the hotel. They have a nice looking lap poll (Al Capone, I think used to swim in it), which I didnt have the time to use.Another big bonus of the hotels location is that its a short one block walk to the Lake/Clark CTA station. Here you can catch a train to OHare for only $1.50!A few negatives regarding the hotel: elevators can be slow at check-out time; I could hear some limited noise from the other rooms, and I wish there were more channels on the TV. But these are relatively minor faults. Also, there is a trendy restaurant in the hotel (I think its called 312 Chicago) and its impossible to get in there without a reservation on Friday or Saturday nights, when there is theater going on. One important thing to note is that the rooms and bathrooms are small. It didnt bother me, since I was in Chicago by myself, mostly for business. However, if another person had been sharing the room with me, I would have felt crowded, and would have preferred a larger room.Anyhow, I enjoyed my stay at the Allegro and look forward to returning here, or to either of its two sister properties the Monaco or the Burnham.
Great location, excellent comfort, and reasonable ratesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Service with a smilefrom ElCheapster
All of our room requests were honored despite the low room rate we paid. We were traveling for leisure, so can't speak for the business services. The beds were extremely comfortable and triple sheeting was used. Some of the touches that made this hotel special to us: the ability to dim all of the room lamps, tootsie rolls available at all times in a bowl at the front desk, nice Aveda toiletries, the great location, and the superb staff!
Location, location, location!from A TripAdvisor Member
Plenty of room for one or two. The thermostat worked amazingly well for a renovated hotel of this age. Nice choice of channels on the tv plus a cd player and well-stocked honor bar with lots of munchies. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Chicago!
Forget the Allegrofrom JJHMI
boutique hotel at a great pricefrom RealLilyBart
Fun for a weekend getawayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Cool, Funky, and fun!from A TripAdvisor Member
Jazz CD's in the room are a cool touch. Close to theaters and trains.
Fantastic staff... one of my favorite stays around the US.
This Is The Place Where Everybody Knows You!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
m staying here again.from JoeyG
Top Local Tips for Chicago
Chicago Art Institute One of the best gourmet lunches in Chicago and don.t miss the 60% off in the Museum store
Convenient to the Loop 1 block from Washington El stop on the Loop. Direct from Midway by the Orange Line. Easy transfer (or just slightly longer walk) from O'Hare Blue line
Navy Pier Navy Pier offers something for everyone. There are many places to eat, and there are many different boats to enjoy a cruise. We chose the architectural cruise on the Chicago river very interesting. You can ride the ferris wheel with great views of the city and lake. There is a childrens museum, imax theater, amusment rides, and much more.
Other names for Hotel Allegro Chicago
- hotel allegro chicago kimpton
- hotel allegro chicago
- Address: 171 West Randolph Street - Chicago - Illinois - 60601 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Allegro Chicago
- Hotel Burnham Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Sax Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- W Chicago City Center Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Club Quarters Central Loop Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Monaco Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Amalfi Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel 71 Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hard Rock Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi