Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel
Reviews - Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Chicago
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel
Good view, disappointed in lack of conveniencefrom groups4700
My favorite breakfast buffet!from A TripAdvisor Member
Not a bad choicefrom clvier1
Holiday Inn Chicago Merchandise Martfrom hogansdad
Great hotel, fantastic view!from ColumbiaTrekkers
The hotel has some quirks because of its location. The lobby is on the 15th floor, above the Apparel Mart, but you can pull up to the front of the building where bellmen can unload your luggage and take it upstairs. Also, there is outside parking adjacent to the hotel. So while it may be easy to get lost in this unusual setting, we didn't have a problem getting to the hotel or getting our baggage unloaded.
Finally, as you will note from some previous reviews, people can have very different experiences in the same hotel. But you shouldn't be put off by the negative reviews. This hotel is nice!
AsK Questions Before You Decidefrom Tnflaman
Pets are allowed in this hotel and they state this in their list of amenities on their web site. I saw one person with two dogs, but that was it during my two day stay. If you want to stay within a short walking distance of Michigan Avenue, consider another hotel closer to the Navy Pier. I walked to Michigan Ave., and it is a trip of several blocks, however, the route that I took was along the river and that helped make it seem shorter.
They advertise "soundproofed" rooms, remodled in 2002. I didn't experience any noise from other guests, even though I had a room that could be made into a suite (adjoining room) which is typically more likely to be noisy due to the adjoining door inside the room. I suppose that the noisy AC could also have masked any sound from within the hotel.
Sorriso Restaurant on the Chicago River is about three or four blocks from the hotel and if you like sitting very near the river, watching boats and river traffic, I recommend it.
I received negotiated, relatively lower than normal room rates due to being with a convention group, but I wouldn't pay a higher rate to stay at this property. The staff's courtesy was about normal for a busy hotel. I had to have dinner at their restaurant one night and even though it wasn't crowded, the wait for service and check was too long.
Terrible servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent value for moneyfrom Ski_Bum
The main downside for us was the hotel's location: an area where there isn't a ton of retail shopping (unlike some of the higher end hotels off Michigan Ave.). Also, the A/C was a little slow in cooling down the room, but luckily it wasn't a problem for us since the weather was chilly.
Great stay! 3/05from A TripAdvisor Member
Great city views/Not convenient to actionfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Chicago
The lesser known Bongo Room For a great breakfast experience, try the Bongo Room's newer location in the south Loop. While the original on Milwaukee Ave is always packed, the south Loop location has exactly the same menu with a (usually) much shorter wait time.
Chicago Transit (CTA) They offer a very high quality service. I got a 3 day pass for $12 USD. The Brown Line Train is a block away, attached to the Merchandise Mart. You can purchase your tickets there for a day, three days, a week or longer. Cheaper than one return cab fare. The Brown Line connects with other lines, so not too difficult to get to Cubs games or North Halstead / Belmont area. I found ways to get around this city 24 hours a day. I always felt safe and secure on CTA and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.
CTA & free trolleys No matter when you go look into the Go Card thru the CTA if you are not driving - buy it for the number of days needed & pay one price for unlimited use. Also, during the summer months there are a lot of free trolleys to take you to & from the major sites.
Other names for Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel
- holiday inn mart plaza
- holiday inn chicago
- chicago holiday inn
- Address: 350 North Orleans Street River North - Chicago - Illinois - 60654 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel
- Hotel Allegro Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Best Western River North Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Sax Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Amalfi Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago Downtown Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel Monaco Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel Burnham Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel 71 Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi