Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel
Reviews - Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Chicago
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel
Great place to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
great experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent value!from Butterflylady60
Loved It!from teleholic
Hampton Inn Great Choicefrom deborah4916
Great Location, Great Value!!from boardroom_babe
We arrived on Aug 1 and were impressed by the hotel as we pulled up in the drive way. We were greeted by the valet parking attendant who was very helpful. Parking is $36US per day Valet or $30 per day Self Park. The car is parked around the block in a lot across the street from the House of Blues Hotel. Check in was quick and the staff was very polite and courteous. We had a Non Smoking Deluxe King room and I had requested a higher floor when I made reservations. There are 12 floors in the building. We were in room 921 on the ninth floor. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The washroom was very clean and the room looked new. Yes the fire station was across the street and the first night we left the window open and were awakened a few times by sirens but with the windows closed it wasn't too bad. We could have requested a room change but it was no big deal to us.
A free breakfast was served on the 2nd floor each morning from 6 am until 10 am. We realized the first night that there was an hour time difference between Toronto and Chicago as we had requested a wake up call for 8:15 and it was 8:45 am when we woke up. When we called Reception they told us it was 7:45 :-) Anyway breakfast was decent. You could certainly choose to have something to get your day started. They had bagels and toast, danishes, muffins, cereals, yogurt, juices, milk, coffee and tea and each day there were 2 hot breakfasts available. Usually eggs that looked like pancakes and sausages that looked like hamburger patties. No fresh fruit except apples and oranges.
The hotel has a pool on the 2nd floor and a fitness room which had a nice selection of equipment and a walk out to a small outdoor patio. There is also a business center on the 2nd floor with free internet access to hotel guests which we used on a few occassions to check for restaurants and show tickets.
The hotel is within walking distance to everything! 15 minutes to the Navy Pier (1 street all the way down to the waterfront) and 2-3 blocks to all the great shops. The ESPNZone is a few blocks away and so too are a good selection of restaurants like Harry Caray, Phil Stefani's...etc. and the free trolley service was a great option when we got tired of walking.
The people were very friendly and the city much more laid back than NYC. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting downtown Chicago .
Great people at the Hampton Suites in dowtown Chicagofrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellet Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful fun!from A TripAdvisor Member
Four year olds happy at Hamptonfrom FloridaTraveler62
The room/suite was perfect. Room enough for the kids to have "space", two TVs, and a kitchenette. Clean, nicely decorated, and great pillows.
Warm indoor pool was great entertainment as well as the sun terrance.
Breakfast was one of the best I have had as far as selection and it was served in a bright, cheery room. (Trix and LUcky Charms were a hit with the four year olds - while I got to enjoy my breakfast. Staff was helpful and very attentive. Nice mix of families and business travelers.
Great neighborhood - we all walked to Michigan Avenue. Took the trolley to Navy Pier. Always felt safe.
We did lots of things in Chicago - the favorite thing to my little ones - the pool at the hotel. :)
My sister has already booked a room for a stay in August.
Top Local Tips for Chicago
Use Airport Express Pre book the airport express shuttle, on time and great for people in wheelchairs
Arriving from O'Hare Unless you're traveling light then try to avoid the CTA blue line into the city. It is definitely the cheapest option but if traveling with big or more than one bag/case can be awkward. You'll definitely annoy other travelers if they have to climb over your bags (as there's nowhere to store them).
leave the car at home parking per day is ridiculous
Other names for Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel
- hampton inn chicago downtown
- hampton inn chicago
- chicago hampton inn
- Address: 33 West Illinois Street - Chicago - Illinois - 60610 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Amalfi Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago Downtown Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western River North Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Sax Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Conrad Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The James Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Cass Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- InterContinental Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel 71 Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi