Best Western Grant Park Hotel, Chicago
Reviews - Best Western Grant Park Hotel
- Age Group:
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Budget Traveller
Read 292 additional reviews of Best Western Grant Park Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Chicago
Historical Traveller Reviews of Best Western Grant Park Hotel
Helpful staff...from X206
We showed up early and were allowed to check in about a half hour early. The parking area was being worked on so we had to park at a less expensive parking area a block away. When we opened the door to the room - it was neat, clean and odor free. (a non smoking room as requested) It was about 91 degrees outside, and our room was very comfortable. The location of the Hotel was excellent, very convienient to the El, bus stops, walking to Shedd, Grant park, Buckingham fountain etc.
I stopped at the desk and asked for more pillows, and if someone could look at the TV (the picture was snowy) and before I got back to the room someone showed up with the pillows, and within 5 minutes our TV was fixed. Whenever we asked the staff for directions they were very helpful. We did witness the elevator getting stuck at one point - but the staff had it fixed within 10 minutes. I did also witness a couple of people come to the Manager with complaints....I was impressed with how fast the manager moved to please the guests and try to get any issue resolved. I would stay at this hotel again. My only real complaint was the noisey guests accross the hall with quite a bit of in and out of the room door slamming and talking right outside the door - they did stop after I asked them to.
Think twicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The walls are thin and you will hear everything in the other rooms. At least we couldn't bother guests with our radio because it didn't work.
It is a budget hostel masquerading as as a two-star hotel. The $7 breakfast inlcudes only coffee, juice and toast or bagels. No eggs and sausage as advertised.
If you stay here, check your bill. We had $295 in charges listed for services we didn't use. Although, they finally removed the charges, the staff was surly and uncooperative.
If you can find another hotel, do so.
no problems, had good time!from A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms are clean, and they have everything you need. The air condtioning was working just fine, in fact I felt cold at times, even on the hottest day, it was 104 degrees outdise, but I was cool in my room. The evalvators are fine and in working order. The staff were friendly, and they were VERY busy with it being full, however they brought me extra pillows and blankets upon request, and never made me feel like I was bothering them. Housekeeping had my room clean quickly, and always left extra towels upon my request. I was VERY nervous about staying here after reading so many bad reviews. All I can say is expect the worst and hope for the best, and you will see that there was NOTHING to worry about. It is a nice clean, safe hotel, and I would stay there again.
Great Stay!from A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel itself is very good. Upon reading the reviews, I called them and asked if the elevators were working, and the staff assured me they were.
- Check-in: Check-in was flawless, with no problems at all.
- Parking: We were in a mini-van, so the hotel clerk advised us to use the parking at the building right next door on Michigan Ave, for $15 a night.
- Rooms: We requested 2 rooms with 2 beds each. They were nice and clean. I had a good sleep.
- Staff: I had no problems what so ever with the staff. They were very polite and met all my requirements, whether it was asking for the nearest place to eat or for extra towels.
- Breakfast: Breakfast costs $7. It's pretty much standard, with cereals, fruit, coffee, juice, milk, tea, bagels, bread, muffins, pancakes, waffles and the like.
My family overall was very pleased with this hotel, and we intend to stay there again on our next visit to Chicago.
Now be warned, this is a no frills hotel, but if your looking for a clean, comfortable place to sleep after an exhausting day, Best Western Grant Park is a great find.
Not worth the moneyfrom MemphisLove2travel
t stay here, you have been warned!from klo1971
Good, but nothing specialfrom Neil123
On arrival, I was far from impressed with the hotel. After a very long day in which I had been up 20 hours and travelled 4,000 miles I arrived to be greeted by staff who gave the impression they didn't really want to be there, which doesn't create a good image. Furthermore, neither lift was working and we were on the 8th floor, not something you want after such a long day. I wouldn't have minded so much, but the staff didn't seem to care. Thankfully, the attitude of all the staff I met after that was very different indeed. After checking in, all of the staff I spoke to at various times were more than helpful, and one of the lifts was working again later that evening!
The room itself was okay, it was what you would expect for the price. A reasonable sized room with a double bed, en-suite, Large TV etc etc. The most important thing was that is was clean and tidy, and was cleaned daily.
Overall, I thought it was a fairly good hotel, which was pretty good value for money and in a good location. However, unless I was attending an event at Soldier field I probably would not stay there again, and would opt for something a bit more central.
Not badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Was a good experience!from annalist
Good Experiencefrom river_travel
Top Local Tips for Chicago
Art Institute of Chicago Must see! many famous paintings here, I was really surprised at how many paintings I recognised. My friends weren't keen at first but enjoyed it and was glad to have gone.
How to Find Bars in Chicago! Go to Lincoln Park or Wrigley Field Neighborhoods... Otherwise you are just spending too much time looking for a good bar and then you are spending too much money!
Take the L Chicago has great, cheap public transportation. Get a visitor's CTA pass, and you can venture from downtown to unique neighborhoods and historic parks for just a few dollars per day.
Other names for Best Western Grant Park Hotel
- chicago best western
- best western grant park
- best western chicago
- Address: 1100 South Michigan Avenue - Chicago - Illinois - 60605 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Best Western Grant Park Hotel
- Essex Inn Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Blake Chicago, Illinois Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Club Quarters Central Loop Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- W Chicago City Center Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Chicago Athletic Association Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- The Wheeler Mansion Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hotel Burnham Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hyatt Regency Mccormick Place Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Hotel Allegro Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Fairmont Chicago Hotel Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Hotel Monaco Chicago, Illinois Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Hard Rock Hotel Chicago Chicago, Illinois Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi