Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel, Lahaina
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel
- Age Group: 3140
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 1712 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Lahaina
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel
Two Thumbs Upfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Just GREAT!!from A TripAdvisor Member
fell in Love with Hawaiifrom A TripAdvisor Member
Food and Entertainment was excellent. Also enjoyed Lahaina town where you can stop till you drop. I hope to visit again real soon.
Certainly not a place to visit again!from A TripAdvisor Member
My girl friend and I have visited virutally every resort area there is on earth. From Bali to Langkawi, we have visited one of the top resort hotels and villas around the globe. For examle, The Chedi and The Legian in Bali, Tanjun Rhu Resort in Langkawi, The Luxor in Las Vegas, and you name it...
So here comes our story with this unpleasant experience at Hyatt Maui.
The check-in process was somewhat quick so nothing to comment on that.
The moment a bellboy took us to the "dark age like" passage that leads to our garden view restroom, we noticed that the rooms were UNDERNEATH the lobby level. It was the first time ever for me to go underneath the lobby level at a hotel! Fine! We thought the room better be clean or else! We got into the room and started unpacking. My girlfriend shouts out loud! We fould ourselves with a cockroach that has checked in before us. Doulbing the fun, we fould a bottle of pickles, a paper towel along with a vinyl bag that appeared to have been left by the previous occupants. So we ask questions to ourselves "Isn't this room supposed to be cleaned? Or has it been cleaned at all?" Now I'm crazily mad! It is the first time every to visit Hawaii state and Maui! I even rented a Jaguar to make our stay most pleasant and interesting! This ROOM OF DARK AGES
Best Hotel on Mauifrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great service. Great people. Great Pool! We'll be back every year.
Hyatt Maui!from A TripAdvisor Member
Less-than-perfect: breakfast buffet should change.Luau at hotel great, parts average. Food just "ok". Didn't come out at end & ask up on stage to dance. Where lei-making? Preferred arranging activities before-hand here with broker. Hotel activity desk not email friendly, helpful.
Karen @Activity World a dream.
Best on Mauifrom A TripAdvisor Member
WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The rates were not much more. Great service, great rooms. All the details were taken care of. The Sheraton had a more of a NASCAR type crowd. The Hyatt was total class.
Expect the best from Hyatt !from A TripAdvisor Member
Loved It!!from MJASAZ
Beautifulfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Most people would think a down comforter in Hawaii to be inappropriate, but we thought it was wonderful. This resort is not new, but is beautifully maintained. I am a commercial interior designer and probably more critical than most. The pool complex is still one of the best along Kanapali's hotel row. We had a great dinner at Cascades which was topped-off with an expensive $9.00 dessert. An amazingling unique and delicious coconut creme brulee. I am not a coconut fan, but loved this dessert. I would stay at this resort again. However, would only stay if I could get a reduced AAA rate. Things to keep in mind: for good snorkling head up to Kapalua Bay(15 min. drive from hotel) If you do not have a car you can snorkle off of Black Rock(a 10 min. walk up the beach and there are plenty on restaurants located within walking distance of the hotel.
Top Local Tips for Lahaina
Road to Hana tour from Valley Excursions We took this all day tour, and it was wonderful. The price of the tour including a catered lunch of barbecue chicken, salads, rolls served on china with utensils. The driver (Hi Beez) had a cooler filled with water and sodas for anyone on the tour to take as desired. Just relaxing as someone who was experienced in manuevering the twists and turns of the road to Hana and having him speak to you as if you were his "ohana" instead of tourists was fantastic.
Renting a car This is a must to get around. THere is little or no public transportation other than cabs. If you want to get around a car is a must!
Kiele V Go on the Kiele V catamaran!
Other names for Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel
- lahaina hyatt
- hyatt regency maui resort spa
- hyatt regency maui resort
- hyatt regency maui hotel
- hyatt regency maui
- hyatt regency lahaina
- hyatt maui
- hyatt lahaina
- Address: 200 Nohea Kai Drive - Lahaina - Hawaii - 96761 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel
- Marriott Maui Resort and Ocean Club Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Westin Maui Resort and Spa Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Sheraton Maui Resort Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Royal Lahaina Resort Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Aston Mahana at Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Resort Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 4.1 km / 2.6 mi
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 4.6 km / 2.9 mi
- The Plantation Inn Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Aston at Papakea Resort Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Aston Paki Maui Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi
- Best Western Pioneer Inn Hotel Lahaina, Hawaii Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi