The Lotus at Diamond Head Hotel, Honolulu
Reviews - The Lotus at Diamond Head Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Young & Single
Read 96 additional reviews of The Lotus at Diamond Head Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Honolulu
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Lotus at Diamond Head Hotel
d expect of a Wfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Stay somewhere else!!from A TripAdvisor Member
MICE PROBLEMSfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Under Staffed Employees Inexperienced and Inefficientfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent service, great comfortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The view of the diamond head and partial ocean was beautiful. What I liked the most about the room is the sliding door which opens very wide. Continental breakfast was very tasty unlike other hotels' continental breakfast which is usually not fresh.
The only disadvantage is the location. Since we wanted to go eat in the center of Waikiki, we had to take a cab every time. And since the location is little far, a cab might not come right away (one time it took 20 minutes or more). We had a rental car, but we didn't wanna pay for high rate of parking in Waikiki.
But at the same time, it would be a nice walk through the beach park if you have enough energy (I was few months pregnant then). And the location is the key element in giving W the serenity.
I recommend this property to those who are not traveling with kids and who's seen most of Waikiki area before and looking for something little different.
Comfortable - but not the quality paid forfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Amazing time at the W Honolulufrom A TripAdvisor Member
The lobby is beautiful. Burning candles, fresh apples, a huge asian influenced round table with cushions on the floor, a comfy red velvet bed with stacks of books next to it, the list goes on..........
Our room was beautiful. It was on the third floor and we had a view of Diamond Head. The bed was deliciously comfy. Six, huge fluffy pillows, crisp white sheets, and a mattress that you melted in to.
We always had our balcony doors opened. It was so relaxing to watch the palm trees swaying and to hear the tropical birds right outside our windows. Perfect for that afternoon nap. I was also impressed with the great quality bath towels and the Aveda bath products. It truly is the little things that make this a hotel a 10!! I've read the other reviews that warned about the loud night club. My husband and I LOVED the night club. It was nice to bypass the line as we arrived back from dinner. You just flash your room key and your warmly welcomed back. The club has a great vibe. We returned to our room by about one, and yes we could hear some music, but it wasn't overly annoying. Maybe a higher floor would have been quieter. We were able to fall asleep without a problem. This is definately a hotel that we will revisit!!
Did not like the W at allfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The W Honolulu is a great Wfrom Counterweight
All the W Hotels are a bit funky and stylish, don't come to the W Honolulu expecting your typical Hawaiian resort vacation. We have previously stayed at W Hotels in San Fran and New Orleans, the general ambience is the same at all 3 with a bit of tropical flavor permeating the Honolulu property.
Our room was on the 8th floor, we had a great view of Diamondhead. The ocean view wasn't great (obstructed by other near-by hotels and appartments), but if you want the beach you can walk 30 seconds and be on Waikiki Beach.
If you're looking for a more cosmopolitan experience to complement your laid-back Hawaiian beach vacation, definitely check out the W.
Beware of the disco/restaurantfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Honolulu
The Bus "The Bus" service in Oahu is tremendous. There is plenty of travel information if you are lost or need to get somewhere in the island. If on a budget, there are plenty of tourist taking the local bus service. Incredibly service. You get to see the whole island for 2 dollars.
EXPENSIVE Make sure to rent a car, the W is a little ways away from the main area and the hotel does not have a shuttle. That would be the only thing I would change about this hotel, they need a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle to the main places.
Excellent Sushi in Honolulu Suntory Restaurant in the Royal Hawaiin Shoppping Center on Waikiki
Other names for The Lotus at Diamond Head Hotel
- lotus at diamond head hotel
- lotus at diamond head honolulu
- Address: 2885 Kalakaua Avenue - Honolulu - Hawaii - 96815 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Lotus at Diamond Head Hotel
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Diamond Head Beach Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Park Shore Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Pacific Beach Hotel at Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Waikiki Resort Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort Spa Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Royal Grove Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Aqua Continental Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Aston Pacific Monarch Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi