Ohana Waikiki Malia Hotel, Honolulu
Reviews - Ohana Waikiki Malia Hotel
Read 435 additional reviews of Ohana Waikiki Malia Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Honolulu
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ohana Waikiki Malia Hotel
started ok but ...from A TripAdvisor Member
1) the malia cafe lets the hotel down. the food is the same every morning (buffet) and the staff and kitchen are noisy and distinctly unprofessional (e.g. talking about what shifts to work next week in front of the guests and chastising one another)
2) i ordered a movie and the sound was so bad it was unwatchable. ok no big deal as i just called up to cancel it straight away. however when checking out i noticed it was still on the bill and asked them to remove it, when the deskstaff started complaing that it was a hassle to change the bill and why should i bother as it was only 1 movie ($9 ). in addition he was visibly annoyed and amongst other signs of irritation dropped the pen on the desk in order for me to sign the ammendment and told me how i should be greatful for his 'generosity' . maybe im missing something but their movie service didnt work properly and nor did their staff as i had clearly cancelled it over the phone 5 mins in to the movie. who was wasting whos time?? if u want budget stay here, but i hope u have a more pleasant stay than i did!
Do Not Stay Here If You Are Renting A Car And Have To Parkfrom ISLNDUST189
However, The most irritating part about this hotel was the parking Garage. Spent $17/day. and I cringed everytime we had to get out of the garage and park back the car every night. Parking Garage is narrow and small. We had rented a SUV and a compact car and had no idea how the garage would be. Both cars had a hard time parking in the narrow and steep drive way. Surely ok if you don't care about scratching, denting or damagin your car and others... .
Extremely basicfrom hxcroach
Service with a Smilefrom miki156
nice peoplefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Budget Hotelfrom marelong
awfulfrom A TripAdvisor Member
i felt like i couldn't touch anything.
the plumbing was smelly, the water didn't go down the pipes fast enough so you showered with all the water up to your calves.
the queues were terrible, not enough staff.
the reception being open air meant that I saw rats running around under the sofa near my ankles
the lifts - crikey - rubbish - had to wait far too long - not acceptable.
just too large, too many people and not enough facilities
s ratingfrom volvo
The hotel people were the most polite people we met there, although we had bad luck so i don't know if that's a compliment, i had a parrott guy start screaming at me as i walked away, and i swear i was very polite turning him down. if you didn't give what they considered a appropriate tip they got nasty and everyone wanted a tip.
the room was clean, the pillows nice and fluffy. whenever we asked the cleaing lady for a towel she would give us 3. the front desk staff were always polite. we had ocean view (a joke, don't let them talk you into paying extra) but they upgraded us for free sinply because i asked nicely. the fans on the mall below us were loud, but i live in the city so that didn't bother me, it's constant, and started sounding like the ocean after a few days (to me anyway). our bathtub started making werid noises the day we checked out, i don't know if that was them cleaning the pipes or relating to the construction work. our last day we didn't leave for the airport until 8pm, they had a nice clean, locked bathroom they let us use to get cleaned up and change for our trip home.
Basic stay for the budget mindedfrom WAGeekGirl
Not to be recommendedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Honolulu
Waikiki Trolley Pink Trolley -- takes you around Waikiki and to the mall and is a free perk promo if you stay at an Ohana hotel. Jam packed, and it seemed to us that the Asian tourists are given preferential treatment. We were near the front of the queue and were directed by the trolley stop personnel to step aside and let the Asian riders on first, then there was not room for us and we had to wait for the next trolley. The trolley stop personnel are very rude to the trolley riders. Blue and Red Trollleys -- very expensive. The drivers were great for the most part, provide tour narration, and know a lot about the area and its history.
easy The public transportation system is easy to use and you can go anywhere.
Teddy's Bigger Burger You're in the tourist capital of the big ol' US of A. You simply must try the biggest of the Bigger Burgers! An hilarious eating experience - not very healthy, of course - but great value for money, especially compared to everything else in Waikiki. Huge fresh burger meals are around $8.
Other names for Ohana Waikiki Malia Hotel
- ohana waikiki malia hotel
- ohana waikiki malia honolulu
- ohana waikiki malia
- Address: 2211 Kuhio Avenue - Honolulu - Hawaii - 96815-2830 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ohana Waikiki Malia Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Joy Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki - an Aqua Boutique hotel Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Aston Coral Reef Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Island Colony Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Royal Hawaiian Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Breakers Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Ilima Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Aloha Punawai Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Waikiki Gateway Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Royal Garden at Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Waikiki Parc Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Castle Maile Sky Court Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi