Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki, Honolulu
Reviews - Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki
Read 64 additional reviews of Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Honolulu
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki
Not an upscale hotel, but clean, friendly, and inexpensivefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Pros - close to beach (1 block), friendly service, tour desk with friendly staff that help you book excursions or even give you directions, advice, etc.., close to bus stop, close to restaurants, computers in lobby to check email (.15cents/min), decent size rooms, nice maids, Fridge in room.........
Cons- HARD bed, on-site restaurant seemed a little dead (did not dine there, so Im not sure how the food is).
Why pay more?from A TripAdvisor Member
When you're spending your days at the beach (2 blocks away), and your evenings eating, shopping, and drinking mai tais; that leaves very little time in the room. Even if you include time sitting on the oceanview lanai as we did.
Sure the decor is a little dated, but they obviously try harder to keep the place clean. Housekeeping kept our room clean and full of towels.
(Try tipping people! A few bucks a day goes a long way.) --Let's put it this way, I'm a germ-a-phobe, but at no point was I grossed out by this place.... I've seen worse things in a few 5 star hotels.
The hotel seemed safe, our car wasn't broken into, and using the room safe adds some peace of mind.
And the fridge is nice for grabbing some "beverages" at the ABC store down the street and sitting on the lanai.
Realize early on that this is Hawaii.... everything and everyone is laid back..... including the elevators.
Location, location, location!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Place!from A TripAdvisor Member
Aircon. & fridge. No hair dryer or coffee, but they still supplied me with shampoo/soap & clean linen everyday! I just stocked up on coffee/sugar/milk & water at the nearby ABC store. Charge of $3.50 per day for safe use in room. Two large, clean swimming pools on 3rd floor, with lounge chairs & a good view, if it's too windy to sun on the nearby beach. Staff very friendly & helpful, especially Jay, the tour organiser in the lobby! Internet access, 4 terminals, & 6 phone booths also in lobby (recommend pre-paid calling card to save on costs!) Hotel is two small blocks from main drag and close to everything, including International Market, Zoo, Aquarium, Diamond Head, Trolley buses. Lots of cheap restaurants nearby for budget travellers. For info. of Aussies looking for somewhere to stay, I found that a certain well known airline travel book had this place listed for triple the price that was on Hotels.com!! My advice, shop around and use tripadvisor.com to your advantage! We don't go this far to sit in our rooms..do we?! I'll be staying here again!
what I expected not fancy but clean place to sleepfrom A TripAdvisor Member
slight view of Ocean and great view of Diamond head. Great room but the elevators are SLOW>>>> would we come back ? yes if we were on a buget.
But like someone said who stays in their hotel room wih the beach just a walk away......Aloha
Great Budget Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Location, great dealfrom SugarWahine
Clean, friendly, good locationfrom ashleybrookdee
Overall we had a great experiance. We recieved a free upgrade on our room as well. At $59.00 per night for an ocean view in Waikiki beach it was not bad at all.
Ocean Resort Waikikifrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Honolulu
Snorkeling, gifts Snorkel off the pier at the end of Paokalani (sp?) St. Many fish. Watch out for coral! Get gifts at Walmart. They have the same items as the ABC store, but cheaper.
Tipping in America You have to tip practically everyone that offers a service to you. We were not aware of tipping hotel maids....please be mindful that you need to leave a dollar or two (preferably in an envelope provided) addressed to the maid.
The BUS Take the BUS to the flea market near Olaha Stadium (twice weekly). Some good bargins
Other names for Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki
- ocean waikiki hotel
- ocean resort waikiki
- ocean resort hotel waikiki oahu
- ocean resort hotel waikiki honolulu
- ocean resort hotel waikiki
- ocean resort hotel
- ocean resort honolulu
- ocean resort hawaii
- ocean hotel waikiki
- hawaii ocean resort
- Address: 175 Paoakalani Avenue - Honolulu - Hawaii - 96815 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Park Shore Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Pacific Beach Hotel at Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Waikiki Resort Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Royal Grove Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Aqua Continental Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Waikiki Prince Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Aston Pacific Monarch Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort Spa Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi