Castle Maile Sky Court Hotel, Honolulu
Reviews - Castle Maile Sky Court Hotel
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: Canada
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 637 additional reviews of Castle Maile Sky Court Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Honolulu
Historical Traveller Reviews of Castle Maile Sky Court Hotel
excellent budget choicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
t be scared offfrom Marti
Pros: Location is pretty good; parking is easy in the garage (though $10/nt); there are many places nearby for breakfast, lunch, dinner; the room was very big (we had a non-smoking higher floor with a queen sized bed) and the bathroom, though small, was clean and adequate; we never really had a long elevator wait; our room had ocean views and a view of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel with a backdrop of the ocean. Lovely!
Cons: The limited number of tv channels (but who's in the room ever in Waikiki?); I guess that's it!
Crappy hotel with a nice viewfrom A TripAdvisor Member
You get what you pay for....from naven
I should state that I am by no means a finiky person. I am pretty comfortable where ever I stay, as long as it's clean and generally comfortable. The ohana Malia was unfortunately neither of these. When I first checked in, they told me that they did not have a non smoking room available for a couple hours. I was really tired, so I agreed to take a smoking room with the knowledge that I could change if I didint like it or couldnt bare the smoke. When I walked into this room, I was disgusted. The bed, oh the bed.....it seemed barely put together, the sheets were not even tucked in and the top blanket seemed like it had been just used. In a nut shell, im not so sure they made this bed, rather they put the cover on and left, or someone had recently sat on the bed. Still, kinda scary. The walls had large green spots on them (im unsure of the substance) and the rug had stains all over the place. The walls were filthy, and it was in dire need of a paint job. The whole hotel could use a face lift. Expedia rates this hotel at a 2.5 star level, I personally saw it more as a 1 star. The staff was generally nice, but not the most helpful. The location is ok, not too far from everything. To no fault of the hotel, every morning a guy with a jack hammer was digging in the concrete out front. I didnt sleep more than 5 hourse the whole time. If your looking for a cheap, 1 star type place, this may be for you. But, I suggest you spend $30 or so more dollars and stay at the double tree around the corner. I stayed there for the second leg of my trip and loved it.
Bad Customer Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Overratedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Parking is fine, although the spaces would be tight if you were driving an SUV or large sedan.
Prices are low--the thing that annoyed me most about this place, however, is that they attempt to nickel and dime you for every imaginable item. Want to use the safe? Three bucks a day. Coffee packet? Two bucks. Local call? 99 cents. Budget roadside motels give all of this stuff away...
I was also a bit disconcerted by the presence of a large stain on the curtain that was entirely consistent with old blood. Seems like they could have taken three coffee packets worth of charges and bought a new curtain.
Great Place To Stay!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good Value, Great Viewsfrom Pug79
great place to lay your head downfrom A TripAdvisor Member
front desk were all sweet and helpful.....the Ohana was truely there.....Hawaii is home for me and i haven't been bck to the islands in 11 years,,,,,plans on another trip and i will stay here again and again....
If u want to email please do.....
Its a nice place for the money u pay. TGI Fridays downstairs,the lobby is great!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Honolulu
Don't be fooled Lots and lots of activity kiosks that offer deeply discounted prices on luau's, cruises, tours etc. They are all associated with timeshare sales and will waste a good 90 minutes of your time trying to pressure you into buying something you don't want or need. If you feel willing to put up with it and say no and walk away with a deal, then fine. Keep in mind that's 90 minutes of your vacation you don't get back. Otherwise there are plenty of good activity desks around listed in the Oahu Gold or Best of Oahu Coupon books that you can use.
Fishbowl Tours Don't book on line. They have a problem honoring reservations.
Cheap Transit Several of the hotels use the 'pink line' which is a free trolly which takes you to several shopping malls. Also, the public bus system is only $2- you can actually take a tour of the whole island for $2!!!
Other names for Castle Maile Sky Court Hotel
- ohana maile sky court
- maile sky court
- castle maile sky court hotel
- castle maile sky court honolulu
- Address: 2058 Kuhio Avenue - Honolulu - Hawaii - 96815 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Castle Maile Sky Court Hotel
- Ambassador Hotel of Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Waikiki Gateway Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Royal Garden at Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Doubletree Alana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Aloha Punawai Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Aston Waikiki Joy Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hale Koa Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ohana Waikiki Malia Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki - an Aqua Boutique hotel Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Breakers Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort and Spa Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Outrigger Reef On the Beach Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi